Page 21 of 57 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    ok i have tried changing the skins by putting them in the vba folder but they dont change.

am i doing anything wrong?? i searched on the wiki page and no info there. i bet is something dumb too
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    ok i have tried changing the skins by putting them in the vba folder but they dont change.

am i doing anything wrong?? i searched on the wiki page and no info there. i bet is something dumb too
    Even after you cycle throug them? (using /)
    Any one that knows how to make skins that can make me a simple one please? I am attaching a rough (very rough) draft of what I would like it to look like. Pretty much Im not liking the onscreen dpad because of the lack of tactile feedback. My finger keeps sliding to a dead point, I prefer the WASD control along with the L/K as A&B. The only problem I have with this setup is actually the L and R buttons, due to the limitations of the physical keyboard (some keys cant be pressed at the same time). My problem would be solved if I could map these two keys to the space below the screen. Thanks in advance to who ever can help me out
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ok, I've downloaded and launched VBA like 1,000,000 times. All i get is the icon to highlight and that's it. Can someone please tell me what is happening here?
    Quote Originally Posted by pyroguy57 View Post
    Ok, I've downloaded and launched VBA like 1,000,000 times. All i get is the icon to highlight and that's it. Can someone please tell me what is happening here?
    I think that you are saying the App isnt launching, if so, you do have a Pre (doesnt work on the Pixi) and are running the latest version of WebOs, and you dont/have never installed MyTether in your phone before (causes issues)?
    I've edited nights0223 custom skin, all I did was fix the sharpness around the A and B buttons.

All credits belong to nights0223, and me for the edit.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pyroguy57 View Post

I've had this problem before after first installing. Try Restarting Luna, or fully restarting your device. If the 8 GB flash is full, i noticed this can cause problems.
    Last edited by Enox; 01/25/2010 at 11:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdethree View Post
    thanks for the tip alex.dobeck; however, i tried to put the periods in front of the folders withing the SKINS folder and my computer prompts me "I must enter a file name". Just wondering if it could be hidden. it's not that big of a deal. i'm sure with the progress this app is making it should be corrected in no time.
    yeah you can't do it in windows easily, I actually did all my folder names in internalz, though I bet you could do it in terminal, or you could find a method to allow you to do it in windows. The period tells webos to leave the folder or file hidden to built in apps so it should work.
    Quote Originally Posted by karma police View Post
    Alright so I read the wiki and looked through the thread but didn't see anything on this, it seems when I try to play a .gba rom it lags like crazy making it unplayable. Is there something I'm missing about this? I just got the latest version of visualboyadvance for pre. I have also tried many different roms and all seem to have this issue. Thanks in advance for the help.
    You obviously didn't read the wiki, or the first page of this thread. GBA games run a little slow. This is a new app, not everything works at top performance. Try turning off the sound, as stated ON THE WIKI.

From First page of Thread:

This emulator plays

* Gameboy
    * Gameboy Color
    * Gameboy Advance*

*=Still slow, note that this is a work in progress. See the wiki for tips on improving speed, in particular try disabling sound. No one wants to hear choppy sound anyway .
    Last edited by Enox; 01/25/2010 at 11:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by aeroblu22 View Post
    Great app, not having any issues with the emulator itself (other than the battery life, but that's what chargers are for). However, does anybody here know why I can't seem to save any progress on Advance Wars? I know the Pokemon TCG game will save my progress, but as Advance Wars is the only advance game I have currently, is this a known issue with the emulator or with that game itself? (note, I am referring to the ingame save feature, not the save state feature in the emulator.
    I noticed I couldn't save on Golden Sun as well. We should try out a bunch of roms, and maybe write up a list of games with issues like this (speed issues aside for now of course) At least we have save states :-)
    thank you alex.dobeck that worked like a charm!
    Quote Originally Posted by Enox View Post
    I noticed I couldn't save on Golden Sun as well. We should try out a bunch of roms, and maybe write up a list of games with issues like this (speed issues aside for now of course) At least we have save states :-)
    There shouldn't be any saving issues. I'll test it out on my end and see what happens.
    I get in game error: Unable to Locate Backup Memory

Happens every time I try to save the game.
    you could use savestate or the new autosave feature instead, those will work for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Law View Post
    There shouldn't be any saving issues. I'll test it out on my end and see what happens.
    I was seeing a problem saving games on Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. Final Fantasy VI (also a GBA game) has been saving w/o a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    you could use savestate or the new autosave feature instead, those will work for sure.

How does this work? Does it save when you close the app, or just at timed intervals?

If at timed intervals, does it slow gameplay at all?

I read the wiki which describes how to toggle this feature off/on, just not exactly sure what it does...

Thanks!
    it saves as you swipe the card away
    Everyday I play with the Visualboy app, the more impressed I become. I have over 1000 ROM's on the phone and everyone of them that I have tried so far work without any problems. The app has not locked-up or failed at all. And I really love the fact that there is an auto-save option. I'm also used to the touch-controls and they really do a great job. People that use Visualboy should really donate; so DTZWILL will be able to keep creating updates. Maybe even be able to add support for NES & Sega games.

I can't wait to see what future updates will bring!
    Seriously over 1000 or are you exagerating...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    Seriously over 1000 or are you exagerating...?
    No I'm not. I can't talk about where I found them, but there is a lot of sites with ROM packages.