Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    WOOO!! Skin support. Very Nice :-) Diggin the Blue and Black skins!
    Quote Originally Posted by alexs5 View Post
    You guys seem to be skipping every post that includes some launching issues, im having the same problem and like no one seems to worry and by now since you guys have been really swift on the development of the application, at least someone should know whats up with the application not starting at all. Also is there is some know issue where it doesnt work with mytether?. Also, i looked like at least 75% of the post and couldnt find anything about the launching issue, read that someone even doctored and that didnt help so can anyone identify the problem? thanks

-Alex
    Seems you're skipping posts, not us. dtzWill said to join the #webos-internals IRC channel on irc.freenode.net if you have such issues, because it would take forever to debug this issue on the forums.

I would not be surprised if it was an issue with MyTether, as MyTether is notorious for all sorts of problems (and is one of many reasons many of the internals folks frown upon it).

Quote Originally Posted by dirtygreek View Post
    Is it possible to have skins in portrait mode or a skin that otherwise doesn't shrink the screen so much?
    As mentioned before, portrait skins aren't functionally possible because the pre's touchscreen cannot distinguish different fingers when they are that close.
    Hey, I made a new skin. It's the original Gameboy! I think it turned out really well, and looks really nice on the Pre. The only downside is a smaller screen. But look on the bright side, there's a little more button room. Hope you like it!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    This is absolutely amazing, thank you to you all. The purple skin looks great, with a bigger screen
    It seems to be improving every time I look at preware! there is always an update to make this even more awesome! cheers
    This is only a congratulatory post! No problems here (isn't that nice to hear every once in a while?)

Congratulations on one of the top 10 (5 maybe?) apps on the pre! The original app was great, but the insanely fast evolution over the past week(s) has been a pleasure to be a part of.

Adding skin functionality is a smart way to outsource some of the aesthetics of the app, and is probably the only way to please everyone, which is hard to do!

Again -- Nice job, will be donating shortly!
    I don't know if anyone else is interested in this, but it's an invisible skin which makes the screen large and centered (to the gbc's 1.11111~ resolution).

The d-pad is centered on the left (slightly overlapping the screen), It's kinda configured to how I naturally try to press the right/left (as I always hit too far left when I was trying to hit right) so it might not be comfortable for everyone.

The A and B are located in the same spots as the micro-skin posted above (to the right of the screen slightly above and below center, marked by the opal button on the normal Pre).

Start is located in the bottom right and Select the bottom left. L and R should hopefully be the top left and top right respectively but I didn't test them.

Should just have to extract the zip into the folder, it just contains the .config file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    The launching issues are probably related to MyTether. MyTether's wifi patch breaks other SDL apps like Doom and Quake. Try uninstalling the patch and restarting your Pre. If that doesn't work, you may have to Doctor. I'm sure MyTether isn't causing everyone's launching issues, but it's probably a cause for a good bit of them.

If you're having problems launching VBA, try to launch Doom or Quake. Do those work? If not, your issue is most likely MyTether.

-edit-
    I was looking around and saw that xorg tools has a fix for MyTether interfering with 3D/SDL games. It might be worth checking out if you are having these issues.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    ^See xorg tools in link below. It fixes the MyTether issues with 3D/SDL games.
    xorg tools - power tools for power users
    So the joystick is not doing quite what I want, is there anyway we couls define regions instead of radius driven detection?
  10.    #390  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    So the joystick is not doing quite what I want, is there anyway we couls define regions instead of radius driven detection?
    Well of course there's a way, it means me going and implementing it .

What did you have in mind? Why do you think it would be more usable (or do you just wanna try some ideas?)?

That said, no promises but certainly if you have a good idea I can put it on the todo.

It might make more sense to talk about, hit me up in the irc.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    Looking great. I prefer to play in portrait mode with keyboard.

What are some good GBA strategy/puzzle/logic games where you have to use your head?
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    Looking great. I prefer to play in portrait mode with keyboard.

What are some good GBA strategy/puzzle/logic games where you have to use your head?
    Advance Wars for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Well of course there's a way, it means me going and implementing it .

What did you have in mind? Why do you think it would be more usable (or do you just wanna try some ideas?)?

That said, no promises but certainly if you have a good idea I can put it on the todo.

It might make more sense to talk about, hit me up in the irc.

Well maybe I just can't seem to get the configuration right with the current implementation...

But I can't seem to get the deadzone right. The area between left and right always feels too big, or I can't drag enough to the left/right before it either doing nothing or suddenly going up or down because I'm no longer perfectly straight.

I'd like to be able to define a polygon in the shape of one of the attached (badly drawn) images, either something where it would feel natural to drag (and you could include a skin with a simply dot rather than the whole d-pad graphic), basically extending the area recognizable of right/left/up/down but have them close together in the center. Obviously this would make it quite a bit more difficult to do diagonal, but for instance the area completing the square in the first drawing would fit.

Currently it almost feels like the third image, as the deadzone shrinks the top and bottom come closer together, but if the deadzone value is increased the distance between the two opposing directions begin to feel more unnatural.

Maybe I don't quite understand this yet, it is the first time I've tried to deal with a virtual joystick, so it would be great if someone could point me in the right direction.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by alex.dobeck; 01/25/2010 at 03:57 PM.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    yeah if we can get a landscape joystick and either use the keyboard for buttons or just have them on screen as well. That would be a nice touch
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    any chance for a on screen analog stick similiar to the one on Quake
    i'm having trouble throwing my haydokens on SFII
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    awesome a thousand thanks for listening to our opinions and giving us something awesome!
    anyone else see the skins show up in the Photos App?? i remember this happened with the Virtual Keyboard at one point. Anyway to fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by rdethree View Post
    anyone else see the skins show up in the Photos App?? i remember this happened with the Virtual Keyboard at one point. Anyway to fix this?
    You might try putting a period in front of the names of the skin folders, I haven't personally tried this yet though.
    thanks for the tip alex.dobeck; however, i tried to put the periods in front of the folders withing the SKINS folder and my computer prompts me "I must enter a file name". Just wondering if it could be hidden. it's not that big of a deal. i'm sure with the progress this app is making it should be corrected in no time.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    is it possible to add a little haptick feedback to the virtual keyboard. I love the look and how it works but I find myself not knowing if I'm hitting the keys or not