Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    This is incredible! On-screen controls or a better keypad solution for playing in landscape would be greatly appreciated! SOOOOOOO HAPPY I OWN THE PRE
    Quote Originally Posted by glorifiedg View Post
    No, just used terminal for both tasks.
    ok loll
    ehh I'm having problems starting maria bros 4 avdanve I pree enter and it goes to the pause meno or something I can't start playing I only stay in the map the whole time
    tried ninja 5-0 and it runs perfect with no sound
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    So fair it's not working for me- keeps telling me there are no files in the folder.. I created the folder structure right off of the instructions..

My pre comes up as my G: drive, and under G: I created

media/internal/vba/roms/

And put 10 different rom files in it, some are GB files, and some are GBA files.. And yes, they are all unzipped.

What could I POSSIBLY be doing wrong?
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Nevermind, I think I got it.. The actual folder you create is "vba/roms", from the root of your lettered drive.
    Oh Noez! I was battling the Elite 4 (I was on the last one) and I got a phone call so I switched over. Now when I come back I just see a frozen screen. I'm gonna have to restart it and battle all of them all over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    Does anyone know of a Zip app that can be run on the Pre so this can be done completely without having to use a computer?
    nope.. You need a computer forr this well just the unzip part
    This is great!

I'm finally playing Super Mario 3 on me Pre, albeit through Super Mario Advance 4, and with no sound for now. ha

Also, no Tetris type game in the world beats the original GB Tetris!

Can't wait to see what improvements are made, great work to everyone involved in this.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    I have the same problem as fvaljms, the program will not start. I uninstalled upstart manager and VBA and restarted my phone, still did not work. I then removed all patches thinking that could have been it, and no luck with that either.

I got all excited for nothing heh.
    where do i find games to download for this emulator at? do anyone have any links?
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    Controls are hardcoded in the current version, maybe in the future there will be a option to edit those, atleast in config file?
    This isn't well documented yet, but there IS a config file it reads from, just like regular VBA. If you're interested look into that and take a look.

Note that the scaling/graphical options all will do nothing (but recognized for compat's sake), however keybindings and the like should work.

If you produce something useful please post back/let me know--I just put together some reasonable-ish defaults, and hope to get something significantly more playable in the future.

The only hardcoded keys are the orange+ones which presumably you don't want to use anyway.

Let me know if you have any issues or questions about this, and enjoy .
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Fantastic, works really well for GB/C games, haven't tried any GBA ones yet. Is there any way to rebind the controls? I'd like to change WASD to EWSD so I'm able to do diagonal presses.
    That would make diagonal pressing a lot easier, like jhnb did on quake.

If you feel up to setting the config file please give that a whirl, else when I get a chance I'll see how that plays, and perhaps post an update/etc.

Keep the usability ideas coming
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Is there any chance of you setting it up for portrait mode (in terms of notifications etc.) seeing as you have to use the keyboard? Also, a portrait rom selector would be muchly appreciated. Fantastic work, I'm having a great time playing Bionic Commando and Link's Awakening DX!
    Absolutely. See Application:VBA - WebOS Internals and Application:VBA - WebOS Internals .

Glad you're having fun,
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Erckul View Post
    got mario kart super circuit to work, but it is not in full screen. I noticed that it is on YouTube. any suggestions as to what I need to fix? I did all of my transfers with a PC.
    See the wiki how to enable landscape mode. Right now it looks nice but isn't particularly useful/playable. Makes cutscenes nicer, heh. Demo of things to come is a decent way to look at it .
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisherbert View Post
    You probably didn't unzip them first. VBA doesn't load compressed files.
    Not yet, working on it. Can't do everything for first release. However should've made that more clear, also the folder restriction. Both of these should go away in a release or two, sorry everyone.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by karishbhr View Post
    This is incredible! On-screen controls or a better keypad solution for playing in landscape would be greatly appreciated! SOOOOOOO HAPPY I OWN THE PRE
    The *only* reason there's not a landscape configuration for playing is that I couldn't think of a playable one. If someone suggests something I'll push an update with it included as soon as I can .
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

I LOVE THIS!! Pokemon on my pre!
    This will probably make me fail my exams now...
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Oh Noez! I was battling the Elite 4 (I was on the last one) and I got a phone call so I switched over. Now when I come back I just see a frozen screen. I'm gonna have to restart it and battle all of them all over again.
    I'm sorry this happened to you. Either you're the fastest pokemon player EVER or you moved your saves over. .

This is a known issue, but still sorry that happened to you. Working on fixing it, we'll see.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by youngevizu View Post
    where do i find games to download for this emulator at? do anyone have any links?
    PDRoms Files - Gameboy Files

PDRoms Files - Gameboy Advance Files

Have at it .
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast