Page 19 of 57 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Alright so I read the wiki and looked through the thread but didn't see anything on this, it seems when I try to play a .gba rom it lags like crazy making it unplayable. Is there something I'm missing about this? I just got the latest version of visualboyadvance for pre. I have also tried many different roms and all seem to have this issue. Thanks in advance for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by karma police View Post
    Alright so I read the wiki and looked through the thread but didn't see anything on this, it seems when I try to play a .gba rom it lags like crazy making it unplayable. Is there something I'm missing about this? I just got the latest version of visualboyadvance for pre. I have also tried many different roms and all seem to have this issue. Thanks in advance for the help.
    On the Wiki it says disabling the sounds can speed up those games.
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Does anyone know if it would be possible to build NES and Sega Master System emulators for the WebOS? This app works so well, that now I wonder what the more complex games would be like. Plus I would love to play Penguin Land for the NES again, but this time on my Pre.
    the first step would be finding the source code for one of those emulators that is made for SDL. If you can find that then it should be possible to port it.
    is it possible to have ther turbo a toggle, or on screen?
    New Gameboy Micro Skin (Bigger screen)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Wow. Custom touchscreen controls. This is amazing. Now I just need to make one that will pull off a Shōryū-ken every time in Street Fighter Alpha.

Would a macro button ever be possible?

Awesome work!
    would someone be so kind as to tell me what folder I put the skin I want to use in. It seems as though before the update...I would put the skin I wanted to use in vba/ and poof...the new skin appeared. Not so much anymore. How do I switch skins? What folder do I put the new skin in? Is there a skin selector built in? what is the meaning of life? where do babies come from??? Oh wait...i've digressed....help pwease....thanks....
    I'd like to request a feature:

I'd like to "hide" the onscreen controls so that the game is fullscreen but still have transluscent controls (like in Quake) so I can see where the buttons are - then we get controls & full screen together.
    @ SqyArc, this has been discussed. Having transparent controls slow the emulator to a crawl and that is why they aren't being implemented.
    Sorry about that - thanks for letting me know
  11.    #371  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkheart777 View Post
    would someone be so kind as to tell me what folder I put the skin I want to use in. It seems as though before the update...I would put the skin I wanted to use in vba/ and poof...the new skin appeared. Not so much anymore. How do I switch skins? What folder do I put the new skin in? Is there a skin selector built in? what is the meaning of life? where do babies come from??? Oh wait...i've digressed....help pwease....thanks....
    orange+q (slash) cycles through the skins.

each skin gets a folder in the vba/skins directory-- there should be 4 already. All new skins hopefully will be released in this new format, as it allows skin designers to not just replace the look/art but also the feel (where buttons go, etc).
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
  12.    #372  
    Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    is it possible to have ther turbo a toggle, or on screen?
    yes. Skinning system currently allows that, just need a skinner to make one that does so.

if you want to add one yourself, open the controller.cfg of your favorite skin and change the x,y coords of the turbo buttton to where you want it, and give it a radius of 30 or so.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    You guys seem to be skipping every post that includes some launching issues, im having the same problem and like no one seems to worry and by now since you guys have been really swift on the development of the application, at least someone should know whats up with the application not starting at all. Also is there is some know issue where it doesnt work with mytether?. Also, i looked like at least 75% of the post and couldnt find anything about the launching issue, read that someone even doctored and that didnt help so can anyone identify the problem? thanks

-Alex
    Alex, if you look back thought the post's you would notice that yes, having MyTether installed causes issues with this. Regarding your launching issue, are you running the latest version of WebOs?
    dtzwill...you are the MAN!!! (or the woman if you are a woman...:P) Seriously....you and all your helpers are doin an amazing job....just letting you know...

Here is 5000 Kudos to you! Courtesy of me!

Keep up the good work!
    By the way, just updated and WOW! I'm loving the custom skins! Specially the Gameboy advance one, perfect! Thanks to everyone working on this!!!
    Is it possible to have skins in portrait mode or a skin that otherwise doesn't shrink the screen so much?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    skins are all very awesome!!! is there a way to not have the images show up in Pictures app?
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelwix View Post
    skins are all very awesome!!! is there a way to not have the images show up in Pictures app?
    +1 I was about to ask the very same thing
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    maybe support for zip files that way the skins could be zipped up?