Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    ^^then how would you adjust the volume???
    Quote Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
    ^^then how would you adjust the volume???
    oh yeah! never thought about that, i always play without music, find it too annoying
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    That said 292x195 doesn't sound like any aspect ratio I know of:

gba: 240x160: 1.5
    gb/gbc: 160x144: 1.1111

292x195: 1.4974359
    Yeah, it's really more like 292.5 x 195.

And crzisme was the one to create the color scheme, I just moved it around to my liking. I'd base my skin off of the current "YouTube" scrim.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Great app, not having any issues with the emulator itself (other than the battery life, but that's what chargers are for). However, does anybody here know why I can't seem to save any progress on Advance Wars? I know the Pokemon TCG game will save my progress, but as Advance Wars is the only advance game I have currently, is this a known issue with the emulator or with that game itself? (note, I am referring to the ingame save feature, not the save state feature in the emulator.
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenalrule View Post
    oh yeah! never thought about that, i always play without music, find it too annoying
    me too but im sure somebody uses the volume. not to mention the volume would always pop up everytime you used it
    how bout portrait mode, dpad under and L/R on top and gesture area A and B (half and half)?
    ^^^ maybe i dont understand what youre saying but that sounds like it would be impossible to play with 2 hands
    I love the new Touch-Screen controls, but is there a way to choose which controls I want to use (Touch or Hardware Keys)? Because some games are difficult to play using the Tough-Screen.

Still an amazing app! I can tell you put a lot of work into this, because it is better then most of the Paid apps I have purchased for the WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    I love the new Touch-Screen controls, but is there a way to choose which controls I want to use (Touch or Hardware Keys)? Because some games are difficult to play using the Tough-Screen.

Still an amazing app! I can tell you put a lot of work into this, because it is better then most of the Paid apps I have purchased for the WebOS.
    you can use whichever one you want
    The touchscreen controls are amazing.

I've had this on my phone since it was first available in Preware, but didn't use it because I found the keypad controls too cumbersome...but not anymore!

The only gripe I have on this now is that the screen is a little small...but I'm more than willing to let that go...

Kudos to all of your work on this...I cannot thank you enough!
    Quote Originally Posted by vtecbrown View Post
    Yeah, it's really more like 292.5 x 195.

And crzisme was the one to create the color scheme, I just moved it around to my liking. I'd base my skin off of the current "YouTube" scrim.
    You also forget that the GB/GBC games will be stretching into and covering up your start/select buttons. This is why my skin's screen is smaller. I'm kinda annoyed at this as well, as I've gone into detail why this is a problem more than once already.
    Last edited by Vincent Law; 01/24/2010 at 10:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
    you can use whichever one you want

I know I can use the keys, but I can't figure out how to set the screen back to full-screen. How do I set Visualboy to use the keypad only?
  13.    #353  
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    I know I can use the keys, but I can't figure out how to set the screen back to full-screen. How do I set Visualboy to use the keypad only?
    wiki .

Take a look at the "controls" section.

Please read the wiki! It was created to answer all these questions . If nothing else it will get you your answer faster than waiting for someone to respond.

And to more directly answer your question, what you want is to change the screen orientation, and/or to toggle the use of onscreen controls.

Which means
    orange+@
    and
    orange+ w('+')

depending on what you had in mind.

Hope this helps/clarifies.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
  14.    #354  
    Announcing v1.1.1 of VisualBoyAdvance!

BIG thanks to VincentLaw and zsoc for their artwork and testing!

Thanks to crzisme and nights0223 for their skins, they are also included in this release.

HIT orange+q (slash) to change skins

Changelog:

• Skin support! (Not just replacing the image, but complete control over where the buttons go, screen goes, screen size, etc).
    • Screenshots fixed!
    • Turbo/screenshot keyboard buttons now support by the custom configuration utility.

I've add a brief description of how to create skins here.

Calling all skinners! Everyone with artistic talent and/or ideas on how to make a good control system, go make it happen! You now have the tools to make it the way you want.
    Let me know if you have any questions or if the skinning system doesn't make sense.

While you _can_ create them for private use, I encourage you to post your skins on the wiki for everyone to use! Additionally, I'll be including the better ones in a future release by default to help get them out to people.

Enjoy the release, happy gaming, and here's hoping we can make some killer touch screen controls (well, MORE, if you include the ones we have already ).

Finally if you can, please consider donating (see sig)! All donations go directly and completely to funding me working on this and other apps
    Last edited by dtzWill; 01/24/2010 at 11:44 PM. Reason: got crzisme's name wrong! sorry! :(
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    [QUOTE=dtzWill;2175189][URL= .

Take a look at the "controls" section.

Please read the wiki! It was created to answer all these questions . If nothing else it will get you your answer faster than waiting for someone to respond.

And to more directly answer your question, what you want is to change the screen orientation, and/or to toggle the use of onscreen controls.
    Which means
    orange+@
    and
    orange+ w('+')

depending on what you had in mind.

Hope this helps/clarifies.[/QUOTE]

I feel so stupid! I forgot that there is a Wiki profile for Visualboy! Thanks! I will read the Wiki's first from now on.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    It would be great if there was a virtual joystick, similar to the one in NFL 2010, rather than a dpad. It's too difficult to hit the correct directions (especially right) and doesn't work well, if you're sliding back and forth. Other than that, this is excellent so far. Thanks!
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    The purple theme that looks like the original GBA is by far the best skin! Should be default. Amazing work!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    This is awesome! Since I only play the GameBoy Advance games, I made my own skin. It just looks funky with GB/GBC Roms...
    Attached Files Attached Files
  19.    #359  
    Quote Originally Posted by vtecbrown View Post
    This is awesome! Since I only play the GameBoy Advance games, I made my own skin. It just looks funky with GB/GBC Roms...
    Add it to the wiki (if you don't mind). Having a nice list in one place will help... Everything .

thanks!
    Does anyone know if it would be possible to build NES and Sega Master System emulators for the WebOS? This app works so well, that now I wonder what the more complex games would be like. Plus I would love to play Penguin Land for the NES again, but this time on my Pre.