Page 16 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    yea it can be pretty tough for me to press both at once, and its hard to tell if i have or not. I think what would be nice is an area between them when pressed registers both buttons at once.

EDIT: @DanLipson, press orange and @ until you get the orientation you want, the keyboard controls have never been removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indecom View Post
    Do you plan on implementing visual feedback as well, say an alternative image for a pressed button, as to add a kind of virtual realism to using buttons along with possible haptics?

EDIT: I can provide 3d graphics for the gui if you want, to aid with the virtual button press alternatives, add some depth and what have you.
    I already replied to that suggestion earlier. That would require a lot more artwork, making further customizable skins harder, and I don't believe it'll be useful, as generally you're going to be looking at the game screen, not the buttons that are covered up by your thumbs. Not to mention any possible performance impacts from constantly switching artwork in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by Indecom View Post
    yea it can be pretty tough for me to press both at once, and its hard to tell if i have or not. I think what would be nice is an area between them when pressed registers both buttons at once.
    It actually already does this. dtzWill and I have been having something of a discussion as to how best to make this better, but I think we might be hitting an unfortunate limitation in regards to touch sensitivity and the screen.

EDIT: @DanLipson, press orange and @ until you get the orientation you want, the keyboard controls have never been removed.
    Yes, as mentioned before. Please everyone, make sure you read the Wiki, which has all of this documented, especially the controls section.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    It is fantastic to enable the screen touch! Great Job!!!
    Just feel the game screen is a little bit smaller. Is it possible to arrange the UI so that the screen could be larger?
    Anyway, really thankful to the enable of touch screen which saves my keyboard's life!
    what if button B was over top of button A ? would it then be possible to bring the screen down longer and a little wider?
    Quote Originally Posted by karishbhr View Post
    I think the best implementation of on screen controls would be an option to have JUST a d-pad on the screen, using hardware buttons for everything else (in landscape with the keyboard slid out). That way we can use more of the screen and make use of the fact that the Pre has a hardware keyboard.

this would be nice
  6.    #306  
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    Cool, hope it works.

Also, anyone else having a tough time performing 'press A+B simultaneously' actions? I could pull it off sometimes but it seems there's a really small window where it'll register if two on screen buttons were pressed simultaneously.
    There's actually an 'ab' button that's between the two, that should do the trick. It was added for this reason and to make it easier to hit them without looking.

I don't have a game to test a+b action with handy, if you know a good one let me know so I can test with it.

Also if you try it let me know if it works for you.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    I know I mentioned it before and no one replied to it, but what are the chances of adding gameshark capabilities into the VBA, like the ones for PC.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    There's actually an 'ab' button that's between the two, that should do the trick. It was added for this reason and to make it easier to hit them without looking.

I don't have a game to test a+b action with handy, if you know a good one let me know so I can test with it.

Also if you try it let me know if it works for you.
    No problem, try Double Dragon Advance. The game uses a lot of button combination to pull off different moves so could help with the testing.

I seem to be able to execute the AB button action half the time. The other half it's performing a A or B action. This is also with me looking at where I'm pressing.
    Quote Originally Posted by themaster711 View Post
    I know I mentioned it before and no one replied to it, but what are the chances of adding gameshark capabilities into the VBA, like the ones for PC.
    Well there's nothing stopping dtzWill from implementing this, it just needs a UI, a way to turn the codes on. The programming is all still there in the VBA emulator itself, I believe.

As I mentioned to someone else earlier, you can edit the VisualBoyAdvance.cfg file in your vba/ folder if you wish to attempt it manually that way, although this would require some research into the appropriate settings and would apply itself to all games. Editing the configuration improperly though can cause VBA to stop working. Neither of us are going to support this method however, so if you don't want to take that risk, you can wait and see if dtzWill feels like implementing an interface proper for it
    im running 1.3.1 and when i go to launch vba nothing happens.. any help please?
    Quote Originally Posted by hypeazzchico View Post
    im running 1.3.1 and when i go to launch vba nothing happens.. any help please?
    It requires 1.3.5 (obviously), read the first post.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by karishbhr View Post
    I think the best implementation of on screen controls would be an option to have JUST a d-pad on the screen, using hardware buttons for everything else (in landscape with the keyboard slid out). That way we can use more of the screen and make use of the fact that the Pre has a hardware keyboard.
    now this is a great idea..
    I made a Gameboy Micro Skin. Don't know if this is the appropriate place to post this, but we should have a skin section.

http://i46.tinypic.com/qz54as.png
    i just wrote this in the VBA/GBA games thread lol

This is the best idea yet. the new version is great but with this layout i feel like it would be perfect
    he never took away the kb controls, so you can still do that if you please
    I seem to be getting a too many cards error even after a fresh restart when I have just 1 more card open with vba. Is this a known issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    he never took away the kb controls, so you can still do that if you please
    yes but still the screen is tiny because of the virtual keys and if we arent using the a+b buttons it would be nice to get that space back

actually is it possible to map the gesture area?? Id like to map A and B to above and below the button (when held in landscape. This would make it so much easier as it wouldnt require the accuracy needed for the small keyboard and wouldnt take up screen real estate of the virtual keys. just try holding in landscape and imagine tapping above and below in the gesture area, it feels great
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Law View Post
    Nope, can't increase the screen size at all that way. You could stretch it sideways, but that looks terrible. Keep in mind aspect ratios.
    And what do you think about that?

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/3950/gbaosalt.jpg
    This way the Screensize of the game could be increased by more then 50%.
    Last edited by ThePlayer; 01/24/2010 at 12:45 PM.
    I have to say, you've done an excellent job on this emulator and I will be donating shortly.

A couple of comments.

1. A horizontal or vertical B A layout would be preferable to the small screen size. I understand that there are limitations given the touchscreen's precision, but I'm sure there's a happy medium. D pad at the bottom left. Start/select in the bottom middle since that space is going unused. Idk how often the L and R buttons are used for the majority of advance games, but putting them as close as possible to the edge of the screen would help with screen size. I'm more than happy to occasionally miss L and R if I can see better. Better yet, you could put L to the right of the D pad, R to the left of B, and Start/select right above.

2. Maybe my phone is the only one, but occasionally after closing the app my phone freezes and requires a battery pull. Happened 4 times now. Has anyone else had this issue? Haven't isolated what prompts the problem.

3. What kind of battery life are people getting while playing? Playing with radio on/WiFi and BT off, and using the keyboard gets me about an hour of gameplay at 50%. What are other people's results?
    Last edited by smackswell; 01/24/2010 at 08:02 AM. Reason: clarity
    hi love the new addition of touch screen controles, but the screen is far too small, maybe if you moved the dpad a little down as well as the ab buttons and moved the triggers to above the screen, you could make the screen wider?