Page 14 of 57 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    great to have the touch buttons
    but some advice/tips/criticism:

could you move the game window to the right slighty more, because the D-pad more space when i press forward (so my finger covers part of the game window).

and can you make the game window larger please
    also would be cool if the buttons you press have an animation like they depress when touched....

otherwise its a great update...
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    great job on the emulator. The right direction Is a bit off, so you gotta cover some of the screen
    Quote Originally Posted by peabrain View Post
    great to have the touch buttons
    but some advice/tips/criticism:

could you move the game window to the right slighty more, because the D-pad more space when i press forward (so my finger covers part of the game window).

and can you make the game window larger please
    also would be cool if the buttons you press have an animation like they depress when touched....

otherwise its a great update...
    Moving the controls around/the window is no problem. This was based on minimal testing, so if we get a lot of complaints to move something somewhere else, it'll be done.

As for making the screen bigger, while it is possible, keep in mind that we have to reserve a significant amount of screen real estate for the buttons in order to keep it usable. I chose the screen size as is now for two reasons:

A. It gives A/B plenty of room, needed for thumbing it in Mario and the like.
    B. The size is actually pixel for pixel the same size as the original GBA resolution. GB/GBC games are upscaled to the same width. Keeping the original GBA screen instead of slightly enlarging it makes the GBA games look extremely sharp and crisp.

If I were to remake the controller skin for a larger game viewport, some of the buttons would need to be moved/shrunk. Keep that in mind.

For buttons that appear to move, currently the emulator doesn't support that, but even if dtzWill made it do so, I'm not sure if it's really worth it. Besides any possible performance impacts, you have to remember that it will greatly increase the artwork assets, making it harder to skin in the future. Also, you generally won't see it moving, as your fingers will be covering it up and you'll be focused on the game. I won't reject it outright myself, and it's dtzWill's baby, so he can do what he wants, but that's just my thoughts.

Just my thoughts, I'm sure dtzWill will have plenty to say on the matter
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    love the progress on this! One suggestion i would make is to move the directional buttons a little lower. Keep up the good work!
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    Everything is fantastic except the right direction on the d-pad seems to be off, forcing me to cover a decent amount of the screen to use it.

Could we have the option to scale the screen bigger? Like maybe keep the dpad side like it is, but maybe just have the A/B buttons overlay the game since they are down in the right hand corner? Just a thought.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Nice! we thank you for the hard wwork you have put on bringing us this emulator! i hope we have full speed soon enough =]

Anyways, just as a suggestion, screen size on landscape could be a bit bigger without buttons interfering, take this iphone emulator for example: http://mac.softpedia.com/screenshots/31-11-70_3.png

i know th iphone's screen is bigger, but it's possible to do something similar on the pre.This could work too: http://media.techeblog.com/images/ip...s_emulator.jpg

please, let us know what u think!
    Absolutely amazing. The only thing I could ask for is a touch screen turbo button . Honestly, it is really amazing. I can't wait to show it off to all my friends.
    Woo Hoo! Updating now...

Great work, guys.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by Janpi23 View Post
    Nice! we thank you for the hard wwork you have put on bringing us this emulator! i hope we have full speed soon enough =]

Anyways, just as a suggestion, screen size on landscape could be a bit bigger without buttons interfering, take this iphone emulator for example: http://mac.softpedia.com/screenshots/31-11-70_3.png

i know th iphone's screen is bigger, but it's possible to do something similar on the pre.This could work too: http://media.techeblog.com/images/ip...s_emulator.jpg

please, let us know what u think!
    That was zsoc's original layout (the first one), unfortunately that makes it incredibly hard to hold, say, B and hit A at the same time for games like Mario. It's very unwieldy. Keep in mind how you will be pressing the buttons with your thumb while playing, and how you may need to hit multiple buttons.

I've never been a fan of layouts that cover the gamescreen either, and it seems some other people here don't like it as well (as noted by various people commenting on issues with right on d-pad going onto the screen).

There's certainly some tweaking to be made, this won't be the final layout. dtzWill I believe intends to add user-customizable skins at some point, which will allow all of you to play with the skins and make your own, so each can suit their personal preference. I think he's focusing more on performance and major features ATM though. I'll let him comment more on that
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Law View Post
    There's certainly some tweaking to be made, this won't be the final layout. dtzWill I believe intends to add user-customizable skins at some point, which will allow all of you to play with the skins and make your own, so each can suit their personal preference. I think he's focusing more on performance and major features ATM though. I'll let him comment more on that
    Awesome, very glad to hear this is the focus.
  11.    #271  
    Quote Originally Posted by sKor_Pre View Post
    icon disappears in 1.1.0. preware wont launch either
    Hop on to the webos-internals irc channel and we'll see if we can't work it out.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
  12.    #272  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabarcorp View Post
    when I updated to the new vba 1.1.0 it won't launch anymore. I've tried restarting the phone. I press the icon on the laucher and nothing happens. Every other app opens fine except vba
    When you get a chance come to the irc channel and we'll try to help you out.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Wow very nice. I like the onscreen controls a ton. Is there a way to go back and forth with keyboard in portrait and then back to landscape? GoldenSun running like a champ on this :-)
  14.    #274  
    Quote Originally Posted by Enox View Post
    Wow very nice. I like the onscreen controls a ton. Is there a way to go back and forth with keyboard in portrait and then back to landscape? GoldenSun running like a champ on this :-)
    Absolutely, check the wiki for the controls, including toggling touchscreen as well as orientation.

That's what you meant by going back and forth right?

Enjoy
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

@dtzWill

Freakin AWESOME(!!) update to the app!!! Like others have said the 'right' control seems a bit 'off'... needs to be more to the left to not cover the screen.

Other than that I am VERY happy with this app. Please keep up the great work!!!! It is people like you who make me **VERY** happy that I jumped into the webOS pool!!

Even my iPhone/Android buddies are impressed with the community support this platform has!! You (and others in webOS internals) make us 'end users' very proud!!!!
    Last edited by fastamx79; 01/23/2010 at 02:31 PM. Reason: oops on my post =)
    That's exactly what I meant. Gaahhh!!! You've just made my life with this Emu. Super impressive! Take that iPhone. You've been updating this like crazy. Keep it up brother. Can't wait to see GBA improvement from here.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    When you get a chance come to the irc channel and we'll try to help you out.
    I've had this problem as well, ever since the update when you changed the Icon for the App. I often have to tap the icon multiple times for it to open. Occurring with this version as well.
    Last edited by Enox; 01/23/2010 at 04:25 PM.
    awesome update love the hard work put into this
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    are you kiddn me just dl tha new vba so sick thanks you guys for tha hard work
    Pokemon Ruby is now PERFECT.