Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Oh mah gush. When will it be on Preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    Oh mah gush. When will it be on Preware?
    It already is.

If you can't see it, update feeds.

If your webos-internals feed in the manage feeds page just says 'feed', then reinstall package manager service with wosqi 2.96 or later.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Err... no its definitely not there. I'm referring to 1.1.0 I have 1.0.6
    Err... no its definitely not there. I'm referring to 1.1.0 I have 1.0.6
    Yeah, I'm anxiously waiting too. Not showing on Preware or via WebOS Quick Install yet...
    Woo, can't wait. How much of a slowdown is there in respect to gbc games when you touch the screen?

And the auto-saving sounds absolutely amazing.
    I'm just waiting for binding the hardcoded keys like turbo and whatnot.
  7.    #247  
    I don't think Sonic was referring to 1.1.0 hahaha. That isn't out yet guys, I'm just getting my ducks in a row. I hope to release tonight or tomorrow.

Sonic was, I think, telling previous poster that his question is answered on the wiki.

However, you should be excited for this release

But be patient, I'll announce it when it's ready and in preware!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
  8.    #248  
    I'm just waiting for binding the hardcoded keys like turbo and whatnot.
    Can't please everyone, sorry. That didn't make this release. I'll look into it for a future update.

Can you tell me what you have in mind? Just turbo? Turbo and screenshot?

*all* the bindings? I don't think doing that is a good idea (particularly the 'initiate custom binding' sequence key, needs to be hardcoded) to prevent a mistake making the app unusable.

Also all the toggles aren't the most convenient but next release will make them persist across sessions so that should alleviate the issue.

Anyway let me know what particular use case you had in mind and I'll see what can be done.

No promises though .
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Can't please everyone, sorry. That didn't make this release. I'll look into it for a future update.
    No no, you're doing an absolutely amazing job, I really appreciate all the work you've done. I was just commenting on what I'd like to see in future versions.

Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Can you tell me what you have in mind? Just turbo? Turbo and screenshot?

*all* the bindings? I don't think doing that is a good idea (particularly the 'initiate custom binding' sequence key, needs to be hardcoded) to prevent a mistake making the app unusable.
    Actually all I was really wanting is turbo and screenshot, because those are the only ones that aren't orange + something. This is mostly because I want space bar to be turbo and period to be select (but period can't be select if its screenshot). So I could care less where screenshot goes, I'd just like to be able to move it somewhere else .

By the way, I don't know if this is normal, but all my screenshots are really distorted.

Anyway thank you very much once again for all the hard work. I would readily donate, however I'm just a kid in highschool with no job. But, if you ever need any testing help/graphics expertise I'd be happy to help. I'm well acquainted with photoshop, and I have some basic Java and C++ experience.
  10.    #250  
    No no, you're doing an absolutely amazing job, I really appreciate all the work you've done. I was just commenting on what I'd like to see in future versions.

Actually all I was really wanting is turbo and screenshot, because those are the only ones that aren't orange + something. This is mostly because I want space bar to be turbo and period to be select (but period can't be select if its screenshot). So I could care less where screenshot goes, I'd just like to be able to move it somewhere else .
    That I can do. I'll see about implementing it in the near future.

By the way, I don't know if this is normal, but all my screenshots are really distorted.

Yes this is a result of me rewriting the display code--whoops. Well it's an easy fix but not one I can do now. I'll add it to the wiki's TODO.

Anyway thank you very much once again for all the hard work. I would readily donate, however I'm just a kid in highschool with no job. But, if you ever need any testing help/graphics expertise I'd be happy to help. I'm well acquainted with photoshop, and I have some basic Java and C++ experience.
    If you're interested in helping, hop into the #webos-internals irc, we can always use help.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

11.    #251  
    Announcing VisualBoyAdvance 1.1.0!

Changelog

• New ARM assembly implementation of emulated instructions. (small speed boost, about 5% on average in GBA games)
    • touchscreen controls!
      NOTE: just touching the screen (regardless of touch controls enabled) slows things down. I'm working on why, but it seems to be the same code that draws the ripple. This is a known issue.
      toggle is '+' (orange+w), 0 (orange+@) will rotate the window for those used to the old layout/keyboard controls.
    • new 'autosave' feature (toggle enabled with '&' (orange+a))
      saves to a special state when you quit, when you load the rom resumes there immediately
    • zip file support
    • options are now saved across sessions (orientation, mute, displaying emulation speed, etc)
    • rom selector strips file extensions, and cleans up rom names
    • rom selector doesn't show hidden files

Big thanks to my testers
    zsoc, cryptk, VincentLaw, Sonic-NKT. You guys are great!

Additionally thanks to zsoc and VincentLaw for their hard work on the visuals.

As usual post any issues/comments/suggestions and have fun gaming .

Don't forget to update the Compatibility list.

Finally, check the wiki before posting! We work hard to put the information you need there.

Thanks, and enjoy!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

i LOOOOOOOOOOVE you
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    thank you guys so much this is incredible! the touchscreen controls are awesome!!!!!!
    Awesome update, awesome app. Thanks!!!
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    1.1.0 is an awesome release, no doubt! I was trying to get PocketNES to run on it, which did not open properly... however, SnesAdvance works great! It seems to run better than 4 or 5 years ago when I was using it on a flashcart on a real GBA! The screenshots I took were distorted, so I took a picture:

Mega Man X, very much playable, but not too fast. It's still pretty awesome, considering. If you're curious to try this yourself, go for it-

SnesAdvance.org - The SNES Emulator for Gameboy Advance - Similar setup to PocketNES, creating a ROM, etc... I also have SMS Advance working, here's a picture of Sonic 1 running-

http://i48.tinypic.com/f4rayp.jpg

Pretty awesome stuff.
    Last edited by azumak; 01/23/2010 at 05:20 AM. Reason: added SMS advance
    Awesome release!
    It looks really nice with the touchscreen controls.
    when I updated to the new vba 1.1.0 it won't launch anymore. I've tried restarting the phone. I press the icon on the laucher and nothing happens. Every other app opens fine except vba
    can we get a turbo button on screen?
    icon disappears in 1.1.0. preware wont launch either
    Samsung SPH-M520 >> LG Lotus >> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    now its the best emulator for the pre.great job thanks