Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by yankees2323 View Post
    how do i get pocketnes working?? I put the rom image in and it shows up in VisualBoyAdvance but if I click it nothing happens. I even tried putting a few NES rom images in the same folder on my pre.
    Did you follow the directions on their site and use the pnesmmw.exe program first?

PocketNES - The Official Site
    Quote Originally Posted by Hootermancs View Post
    Did you follow the directions on their site and use the pnesmmw.exe program first?

PocketNES - The Official Site
    I guess it does pay to read directions. Thanks. Got it working, but it is very slow and looks distorted. I'm happy with GB and GBA games for now.
    I guess it does pay to read directions. Thanks. Got it working, but it is very slow and looks distorted. I'm happy with GB and GBA games for now.
    Dang that sucks, but that's kinda what I was expecting. Thanks for the update though.
    The games I tried seem to work fine. Try turning the sound off. Though I agree, just having Link's Awakening on my Pre makes me extremely happy.
    Is there a way to completely disable the sound right from the start?
    Clicking ctrl z turns off the sound.
  7.    #227  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    Is there a way to completely disable the sound right from the start?
    Not currently, no.

However, if you want to do this, edit /vba/VisualBoyAdvance.cfg (if it doesn't exist, create it), and add

Code:
    soundOff=1
    To the end of the file. This will disable sound for you everywhere, and you can't turn it back on (unless you quit and remove that line from your config).

NOTE: This file will get overwritten when you create a new config (via the custom controls bit).

Hope this helps .
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    WOW man thanks so much, I tried some of the super mario bros and advance wars so far. I am loving this. Great work!
    I wonder how much better this will run on the Pre Plus for verizon..........
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    I wonder how much better this will run on the Pre Plus for verizon..........
    It should run the same actually...
    well looking at the videos posted it seems the Palm Plus ran need for speed a lot faster than the Pre.
    well looking at the videos posted it seems the Palm Plus ran need for speed a lot faster than the Pre.
    It just loaded it up a little faster. It wasn't running the game any better.
    Sonic-NKT answered this question a lot better than I ever could.
    http://forums.precentral.net/2163107-post191.html
    if you know some linux, you can try overclocking to improve vba speed in palm pre devices. don't know about pixi

open the terminal app on your pre

run this line

echo 60000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_setspeed

this will speed up your pre, but eat up your battery faster so when your done, return to normal settings

echo 50000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_setspeed

the processor in the pre was designed for 600mhz so you are not running it abnormally high. you can make scripts to speed up the process. should be a significant speed boost
    When vba is started the pre will be set to 600Mhz automatically. No need for setting CPU-Speed. I think this feature is build in the SDL-Libs.

You can check this by enter

Code:
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state
    in terminal app before and after a SDL game started.
    This is a great app man!!!! Big THANKS and thumbs up.

Just need to work on .gba performance a little more as u know and touch screen controls perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by kilkennym27 View Post
    This is a great app man!!!! Big THANKS and thumbs up.

Just need to work on .gba performance a little more as u know and touch screen controls perhaps?
    +1 on both
    What are the chances of adding gameshark codes to VBA?
    Are any GBA roms working well? Which ones?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    check the wiki!