Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonolee View Post
    As with some other apps, VBA actually overclocks your Pre to 600Mhz when running, then returns to 500Mhz when it closes.

I checked time_in_state to verify.
    Eeew- couldn't that be dangerous for some of the earilier Pre's that supposedly couldn't handle the overclocking safely?
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Eeew- couldn't that be dangerous for some of the earilier Pre's that supposedly couldn't handle the overclocking safely?
    This is done with the 3D apps by EA and Gameloft as well, if it's officially supported it's probably a non-issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    This is done with the 3D apps by EA and Gameloft as well, if it's officially supported it's probably a non-issue.
    Agreed. And I should clarify, it's not just VBA that does this, but all 3D apps that make use of the SDL.
    I'm interested to hear the current progress of the virtual joystick. (I know I'm all greedy we just got this great emulator and I already want more, but I played the thing so much over the weekend my fingers have noticeable Pre-keyboard marks in them so I'm wondering if I have to wait for them to heal or if I'll might get lucky).

Also, I was wondering if the team at WebOS-Internals are working on a generic solution to the virtual joystick problem in their PDK if anyone knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Also, I was wondering if the team at WebOS-Internals are working on a generic solution to the virtual joystick problem in their PDK if anyone knows.
    ooh, that sounds like a cool idea- to have a system-wide virtual joystick/button control system so that many apps can use it without having to reinvent the wheel over and over. I had not heard of such a thing yet.
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Im having a little trouble with VBA on my phone. Whenever I click on one of the roms the VBA app just disappears off my phone and nothing loads. Its just closing the app everytime i click on a rom. Any suggestions? Thanx

Last edited by whatupwali; 01/19/2010 at 10:57 PM.
    would it be possible to connect up a ps3 or wiimote controller to this, via bluetooth?
    for the ones with the issue of not being able to run it where it just highlights the icon for 3 seconds and nothing happens make sure you are running WebOS 1.3.5 or 1.3.5.1. I had the same issue with my replacement pre and it seems that Sprint sent me the pre running OS 1.3.1 and that was the issue.

After I updates OS now it runs great.
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    What if the gesture area was the virtual d-pad?
    Quote Originally Posted by karishbhr View Post
    What if the gesture area was the virtual d-pad?
    It would be better to have ther controls on both sides of the screen not only on one side in landscape.
    I play in landscape and i have both hands on the right side on the keyboard so it's a bit crowded there.
    Thank you so much.. Ive been waiting for this!

That means i can play NES games through PocketNES now...

And the possibility for SNES is getting close.
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosrecords View Post
    Thank you so much.. Ive been waiting for this!

That means i can play NES games through PocketNES now...

And the possibility for SNES is getting close.
    Yep, it's working great with pocketNES. Now all I need is a Genesis emulator!
    Last edited by nights0223; 01/20/2010 at 12:42 PM.
    Wait...pocketNES...what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hootermancs View Post
    Wait...pocketNES...what?

+1 what's this pocketNES?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hootermancs View Post
    Wait...pocketNES...what?
    You can read more about it at PocketNES - The NES Emulator For Gameboy Advance

It was originally intended as a NES emulator for use with a GBA flash cart, but it works well in this instance; at least until we get a better solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayer View Post
    It would be better to have ther controls on both sides of the screen not only on one side in landscape.
    I play in landscape and i have both hands on the right side on the keyboard so it's a bit crowded there.
    Also I don't believe the gesture area is as responsive as the rest of the touch screen (though I could be wrong.

I'd like to see either the bottom design which seems to be in the works for vertical view, and I'd like to see the both sides for the horizontal (although if the gesture area (around the button) could be used for the d-pad it would allow you to use that instead of a portion of the screen.

I'm sure something like this will appear in the next couple updates, it's not an easy feat though so don't forget to thank the developer and consider donating.
    Oh wow, so this is a NES emulator rom for GBA. Crazy. I'm at work right now and can't test it, how well does it run?
    Quote Originally Posted by nights0223 View Post
    You can read more about it at PocketNES - The NES Emulator For Gameboy Advance

It was originally intended as a NES emulator for use with a GBA flash cart, but it works well in this instance; at least until we get a better solution.
    An emulator running inside an emulator? LOL! That's sweet! I'll have to try it out tonight when I get home.

I haven't been able to convince myself to drop 10 bucks on the NesEm app. Seems a bit steep, and not enough info out there as to how it runs
    Theoretically speaking, would a Nintendo 64 emulator be possible on the Pre? Imagine playing ocarina of time on my Pre!! (I just wet myself)
    how do i get pocketnes working?? I put the rom image in and it shows up in VisualBoyAdvance but if I click it nothing happens. I even tried putting a few NES rom images in the same folder on my pre.