Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Will, would there be any way to map touchscreen/gesture area input (ex. Swipe left, swipe right, tap left half, tap right half, etc.) to virtual keys which could then be bound to one of the emulator's inputs via custom configs? As someone said earlier, swiping would make games like yugioh much more intuitive than the original hardware could provide.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    i got to work earlier today wwwoooo
    fantastic!!!!!

i was also wondering like the poster on the last page if we could toggle turbo on and off please?
    I'm surprised this hasn't been talked about yet but does clocking the Pre to 600MHz help at all? And if so, how much?

I'll do some testing myself and see how things go. :]
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I"m not looking for a simple answer btw, but why can't the emulation be 100% with GBA games?

and secondly, any chance the Palm Pre PLus will handle the Emulator better, Predictions?
    Thanks for this great Port.
    I am looking forward to the onscreen controls in landscape mode.
    How will you do it?
    1. on top of the game in landscape
    2. black boarders right and left of the game with the controls inside the boarders?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Amazing, this is truly wonderful. Thank you. Hopefully GBA can be brought up to speed, but that aside, this is wonderful!
    Gitah~
    Why have this been not posted on the homepage yet so more people can know about it!?
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Why have this been not posted on the homepage yet so more people can know about it!?
    Really, I was wondering the same thing.
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Really, I was wondering the same thing.
    prolly the holiday w/e. wouldn't be surprised to see it up there sometime today...

Also, put me in the group of ppl highly anticipating the intro of on-screen controls and speedier GBA performance! (not that either of these is preventing me from putting way too much time into Final Fantasy VI)

TY dtzwill!!
    Quote Originally Posted by McCarthy View Post
    I"m not looking for a simple answer btw, but why can't the emulation be 100% with GBA games?

and secondly, any chance the Palm Pre PLus will handle the Emulator better, Predictions?
    The ported Emulator (VBA) was first coded for PC Hardware (which is usually quite strong ), and isnt much optimized, especially for the Pre CPU to run GBA games in full speed right now. dtzWill is working on optimizing it as much as possible without a complete recode of the emulator core (which would be veeeery time consuming)
    The Pre Plus wont handle this emu better, as far as we know it uses the same CPU/System and only has more RAM (Pre = 256MB Pre Plus=512MB). The normal GBA games arent bigger than 16MB and the emu itself is only arround 2MB, so no, VBA wont run any better on the Pre Plus.

If VBA wont get fullspeed there is still a possibility for a gpsp port (which is a highly optimized GBA emulator for PSP (MIPS CPU) and Devices with ARM CPU (like Iphone, Gp2x, Wiz). Fullspeed should be possible with this emu on the pre (it is on the 3GS which CPU is identical). but i dont know if it is that easy to get it working.
    So.. if the emulator is meant to be played in portrait mode, why is the ROM list presented in landscape mode? Just saying...
    You can play it in landscape. Just press ORANGE + @. Err.. I just checked the wiki and its not there... I hope it wasn't a secret or anything, but yeah I've been doing that since 1.01.
    Last edited by Rudementry; 01/19/2010 at 08:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Yeah me too.

I am playing Breath of Fire in Landscape mode and i have changed the key layout a bit. I use W-left, S-down, Z-right, D-up, M-a, K-b, L-l and ,-r
    Start and Select are still enter and space.
    How cool it would be if the pre would slide horizontal and not vertical, then i wouldnt care about onscreen control.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    You can play it in landscape. Just press ORANGE + @. Err.. I just checked the wiki and its not there... I hope it wasn't a secret or anything, but yeah I've been doing that since 1.01.
    it is on the wiki.
    changing screen orientation is well known.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattaspira View Post
    I'm surprised this hasn't been talked about yet but does clocking the Pre to 600MHz help at all? And if so, how much?

my pre is permanently overclocked.
    gba performance is still sluggish.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayln View Post
    my pre is permanently overclocked.
    gba performance is still sluggish.
    I think that CPU doesn't interfere much in VBA performance since it uses the GPU.
    I'm having issues getting this thing to run aswell. From reading the thread, I did have mytether installed, and I cannot get ANY games, such as quake etc to run.

What happens is VisualBoyAdvance will try to run, will be highlighted for about 3 seconds after tapping, but will then not run. Doesn't do anything at all.

Any ideas guys?
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    1)Do you have mytether installed? Do other games work (Quake/Doom/App catalog games like NFS, etc)?

2)Can you try running it from the terminal? Either install terminal/ssh/novaterm or some such (lots of documentation kicking around, I find ssh is easiest, but up to you) and run (as root)
    Code:
    cd /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.visualboyadvance/bin
    ./vba &
    And paste the result here.

I'd help you via something more realtime like im or the like but real busy across the next week or so, sorry.

Good luck, let me know how that goes.
    Tried running the command in my WebOS Quickinstall linux commandline and it ran, but didn't give me and feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattaspira View Post

As with some other apps, VBA actually overclocks your Pre to 600Mhz when running, then returns to 500Mhz when it closes.

I checked time_in_state to verify.