Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Hi noradtux,

I was able to compile it with the WIPDK (before your last update, fixed the patches manually). It created a /media/cryptos folder on my ubuntu and copied all the files there.

How to install it now?

My try was to copy it to /media/internal in USB mode and then move it to the real /media/cryptofs from novaterm. I did this and get the following error when I run it form novaterm:
    Code:
    root@palm-webos-device:/media/internal/org.webosinternals.navit# /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit/bin/navit 
    navit:plugin_load:can't load '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit/lib/navit/vehicle/libvehicle_webos.so', Error '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit/lib/navit/vehicle/libvehicle_webos.so: undefined symbol: PDL_UnregisterServiceCallback'
    navit:vehicle_new:invalid type 'webos'
    navit:navit_init:no graphics
    navit:navit_get_user_data_directory:creating dir .//.navit
    navit:main_real:Using '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit/share/navit/navit.xml'
    navit:event_main_loop_run:no event system set
    root@palm-webos-device:/media/internal/org.webosinternals.navit#
    I expect it is missing the new libs from Palm pdk.

HaPe

Update:
    I installed the pdl libpdl_1.0-32_armv7.ipk from /srv/preware/cross-compile/nonworking/pdl but same result
    How did you install it?
    Try copying the libpdl.so and the libSDL*.so from the pdk into the lib dir of navit.

I hope Palm updates these files in webOS 1.4.1 to get back into sync with the pdk.
    I tried copying libpdl.so and libSDL* from /srv/preware/cross-compile/nonworking/pdl/build/src/opt/PalmPDK/device/lib/ into the lib dir of navit, and am still getting the same error as above.

For the heck of it I tried putting them in /usr/local/lib/ and added them to /etc/ld.so.conf, ran ldconfig, but same results.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noradtux View Post
    How did you install it?
    Try copying the libpdl.so and the libSDL*.so from the pdk into the lib dir of navit.

I hope Palm updates these files in webOS 1.4.1 to get back into sync with the pdk.
    I did the following:
    1) create a /media/cryptos folder that the 'make stage' in tne navid folder can put the results there
    2) I copied '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit' to the USB drive of the Pre
    3) quit USB mode and started novaterm
    4) execute 'mv /media/internal/org.webosinternals.navit /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/'
    5) cd /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit
    6) navid

Every help for the right way to install it would be fine

Thats it.
    HaPe
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    one step done. I copied the following libs the I get no error, but navit simply quites:
    Code:
    root@palm-webos-device:/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit# ls -l lib
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       531036 Mar 24 16:17 libSDL-1.2.so.0
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       531036 Mar 24 16:17 libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.2
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       531036 Mar 24 16:17 libSDL.so
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        54655 Mar 24 16:02 libnapp.so
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        41939 Mar 24 16:02 libpdl.so
    drwxr-xr-x    9 root     root        32768 Mar 24 13:44 navit
    root@palm-webos-device:/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit# ./navit.sh 
    config file n is set to `/media/internal/.app-storage/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.org.webosinternals.navit_0/navit.xml'
    navit:main_real:Using '/media/internal/.app-storage/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.org.webosinternals.navit_0/navit.xml'
    root@palm-webos-device:/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit#
    HaPe
    I just doctored my pre, so I had to figure out how to get navit running again

I "just" copied libpdl.so and libnapp.so to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit/lib/ and copied libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.2 to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0 .

That is all I needed to do.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts

I "just" copied libpdl.so and libnapp.so to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit/lib/ and copied libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.2 to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0 .

Thank you for the test. I expect you are using a German GMS Pre with Webos 1.4 too. So this can not be the problem.
    Do your libs have the same size then mine? I took them from the MAC version.

Is there any way to tell navit to output more debug information ? I did not find any switch that could be used. I tried to enable the debug statments in navid.xml but this do not give more output.

Do you get the message "navit:event_main_loop_run:no event system set" too, or is this the error?

HaPe

I did this, and get the same error as HaPe. I pulled the libs out of the ipks in /srv/preware/cross-compile/nonworking/pdl/build/src/opt/PalmPDK/share/packages/Native-SDK/castle/.

root@palm-webos-device:/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit# ./navit.sh
    config file n is set to `/media/internal/.app-storage/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.org.webosinternals.navit_0/navit.xml'
    navit:main_real:Using '/media/internal/.app-storage/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.org.webosinternals.navit_0/navit.xml'
    Hi,

dmg2img works, but you have to find a hfsplus header in the file generated by dmg2img.

Mounting HFS+ Hybrid Disks on Linux

Therefore we are looking for the following hexadecimal sequence within the file: "48 2b 00 04" (or "48 58 00 05" for HFSX).
    Download dmg2img from http://vu1tur.eu.org/tools/download....g-1.6.2.tar.gz.

Make sure you have libbz2-dev and libssl-dev installed and build the tool.

Now you can run it:

Code:
    root# dmg2img Palm-PDK.dmg
    dmg2img v1.6.2 is derived from dmg2iso by vu1tur (to@vu1tur.eu.org)

Palm-PDK.dmg --> Palm-PDK.img

reading property list, 47587 bytes from address 83061673 ...

decompressing:
    opening partition 0 ...             100.00%  ok
    opening partition 1 ...             100.00%  ok
    opening partition 2 ...             100.00%  ok
    opening partition 3 ...             100.00%  ok
    opening partition 4 ...             100.00%  ok
    opening partition 5 ...             100.00%  ok
    opening partition 6 ...             100.00%  ok
    opening partition 7 ...             100.00%  ok

Archive successfully decompressed as Palm-PDK.img
    Now find the hfsplus header:

Code:
    hexdump -C Palm-PDK.img | egrep "48 +2b +00 +04"
    00005bc0  00 00 00 00 00 00 48 2b  00 04 00 00 01 00 31 30  |......H+......10|
    This may fail in future versions of the PDK. If you want to include it into your Makefile, you may use perl/python to find the occourance of this string.

The disk image is located at 5bc0+5-1024 = 22470

So do:

Code:
    losetup -o 22470 /dev/loop0 Palm-PDK.img
    mount -t hfsplus /dev/loop0 tmp
    cp -a tmp/PalmPDK.pkg/Contents /where/ever/your/makedir/is/
    when you have copied the "Content" directory, you may umount the image.

Code:
    umount tmp
    losetup -d /dev/loop0
    done
    Last edited by muhgatus; 03/26/2010 at 05:41 AM. Reason: still cleanups ;)
    I have an O2 Germany palm pre with WebOS 1.4.0 installed. I installed the library from the PDK, but it fails to use the GPS device.

After i copied the libraries to the navit lib directory the following errors occour:

Code:
    root@palm-webos-device:/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit/lib# ls -la
    drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root        32768 Mar 26 02:19 .
    drwxr-xr-x    5 root     root        32768 Mar 26  2010 ..
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       531036 Mar 26 01:20 libSDL-1.2.so.0
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       531036 Mar 26 00:18 libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.2
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       531036 Mar 26 01:20 libSDL.so
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        49152 Mar 26 01:22 libnapp.so
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        41939 Mar 26 00:18 libpdl.so
    drwxr-xr-x    9 root     root        32768 Mar 26 02:27 navit
    root@palm-webos-device:/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit/lib# cd ..
    navit:plugin_load:can't load '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit/lib/navit/graphics/libgraphics_sdl.so', Error '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit/lib/libpdl.so: undefined symbol: _Z17NApp_LSCallPublicPKcS0_PFbP8LSHandleP9LSMessagePvES5_'
    navit:plugin_load:can't load '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit/lib/navit/vehicle/libvehicle_webos.so', Error '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0: undefined symbol: NApp_IsPlugin'
    navit:vehicle_new:invalid type 'webos'
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    mugatus,

do you realized that we have different libnapp.so. My one:
    Code:
    your one:
    Code:
    and we both took them from the mac PDK. For me it looks like the PDK contains the same libs in different versions in different folders.
    I think we need to find out the version that was vworking for noradtux, then it will work for us too.

HaPe
    do you realized that we have different libnapp.so. My one:
    Code:
    your one:
    Code:
    Ok, they differ..

and we both took them from the mac PDK. For me it looks like the PDK contains the same libs in different versions in different folders.
    I think we need to find out the version that was vworking for noradtux, then it will work for us too.
    I copied mine from /usr/lib/ because i was unable to find it in the PDK. Perhaps your can give me a hit where to look for it
    Quote Originally Posted by muhgatus View Post
    I copied mine from /usr/lib/ because i was unable to find it in the PDK. Perhaps your can give me a hit where to look for it
    Copying in the ones from /usr/lib/ will get you nothing. You need the ones from the PDK. The purpose is to override the original libs with the new ones. You can extract them from the ipks that are included in the PDK image.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHoMi View Post
    Copying in the ones from /usr/lib/ will get you nothing. You need the ones from the PDK. The purpose is to override the original libs with the new ones. You can extract them from the ipks that are included in the PDK image.
    In which one of the ipkgs of the PDK i find the correct libs?
    Hi, after I found out that I needed to update my dmg2img I finally managed to do the PDL-stuff like you probably did.
    I think I understand the problem now:
    The WIDK only uses the libpdl.so, but I also used libnapp.so and libSDL-1.2.so.0 from Palm's PDK.
    Code:
    % md5sum lib/*.so*
    7b24fd5fb2358786f655742059bbc587  lib/libnapp.so
    60a7e290cc0eb994a7bf05e0dd67c566  lib/libpdl.so
    ee2fda107f067ae49d3bbc8708d04c0d  lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0
    They are in
    Code:
    cross-compile/nonworking/pdl/build/src/opt/PalmPDK/share/packages/Native-SDK/castle/libnapp_1.0-42_armv7.ipk
    cross-compile/nonworking/pdl/build/src/opt/PalmPDK/share/packages/Native-SDK/castle/libpdl_1.0-32_armv7.ipk
    cross-compile/nonworking/pdl/build/src/opt/PalmPDK/share/packages/Native-SDK/castle/libsdl_1.2-58_armv7.ipk
    Last edited by noradtux; 03/27/2010 at 05:29 AM.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi noradtux,

i checked the md5sum and I have the same libs as you have. That are the once where navit starts and terminates without any notable error.

Could you send me a zip file of your /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit folder (I send you my mail as pm) or put it somewhere on rapidshare. Without the palm libs.
    So we can test if your toochain is in any way different from the one we use. The webos-internals team is working on it right now.

Thanks in advance.
    HaPe
    They are in
    Code:
    cross-compile/nonworking/pdl/build/src/opt/PalmPDK/share/packages/Native-SDK/castle/libnapp_1.0-42_armv7.ipk
    cross-compile/nonworking/pdl/build/src/opt/PalmPDK/share/packages/Native-SDK/castle/libpdl_1.0-32_armv7.ipk
    cross-compile/nonworking/pdl/build/src/opt/PalmPDK/share/packages/Native-SDK/castle/libsdl_1.2-58_armv7.ipk
    Many thanks - it's working!

It's better having the maps on the device, than always download the same map again and again.
    Really? It works? Any thoughts as to why it may have worked for you, but not me and HaPe?
    Ok, why does navit use about 100% CPU and the system load increases up to 4. It's properbly good for winterdays, because the pre gets very hot at the lower backside. I assume the CPU is located there.

Can I change something in the navit.xml or somewhere else to reduce the cpu usage?

Does the use of other map material decrease the cpu usage? (I use the osm map files)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHoMi View Post
    Really? It works? Any thoughts as to why it may have worked for you, but not me and HaPe?
    This is my current library configuration:
    Code:
    root@palm-webos-device:/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit# ls -1 lib
    libSDL-1.2.so.0
    libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.2
    libSDL.so
    libnapp.so
    libpdl.so
    navit
    I copied the libsdl several times, because symlinks are not allowed on this drive.

Before i could copy the files to the Pre, i used dpkg -x IPKG_NAME DESTINATION to unpack the ipkgs. Then i tared the files and copied them via scp on the Pre.
    Code:
    # cd /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit/lib/
    # tar zxvf /tmp/libs.tgz
    libnapp.so
    libpdl.so
    libSDL-1.2.so.0
    tar: libSDL-1.2.so.0: Cannot create symlink to `libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.2': Operation not permitted
    libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.2
    libSDL.so
    tar: libSDL.so: Cannot create symlink to `libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.2': Operation not permitted
    tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
    # cp libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.2 libSDL.so
    # cp libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.2 libSDL-1.2.so.0
    That's all i've done.
    Last edited by muhgatus; 03/29/2010 at 05:19 PM.
    That's exactly what I did... still no luck. Would you mind zipping up the org.webosinternals.navit directory for me to try?

Code:
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast