Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    - I merged the two graphics_sdl.c patches
    - automated patching from the makefile
    - added a "pdl" package (nonworking/pdl) which extracts the PDL stuff into crosscompile env (actually it downloads a tarball from my homeserver which is just the content of the PalmPDK.dmg, just in case. I was unable to extract it from cmdline, so...)
    - the makefile also extracts the libsdl ipk files required on the palm. it could also be possible to just install the .so with navit
    - changed the appid to org.webosinternals.navit
    Quote Originally Posted by debilater View Post
    - I merged the two graphics_sdl.c patches
    - automated patching from the makefile
    - added a "pdl" package (nonworking/pdl) which extracts the PDL stuff into crosscompile env (actually it downloads a tarball from my homeserver which is just the content of the PalmPDK.dmg, just in case. I was unable to extract it from cmdline, so...)
    - the makefile also extracts the libsdl ipk files required on the palm. it could also be possible to just install the .so with navit
    - changed the appid to org.webosinternals.navit
    Unless you have specific permission from Palm, you cannot host that file on your home server.

The Makefile has to extract the files from the official download site at Palm.

-- Rod
    damned

I remove that download. So, the Makefile expects the tarred PalmPDK in current directory, create it on a mac by mounting it and create a tarball of the directory PalmPDK.pkg. The problem is, that I was unable to extract it on linux. I tried several tools (dmg2img seems to be the best of them), but it failed...

@binutzu, noradtux: I now built it myself and it works (beside the black on black bug...)
    Last edited by debilater; 03/17/2010 at 03:43 PM.
    I patched gui_internal.c which fixed the black font on black screen bug, see this screenshot. Also added the navit.xml to git.

I think the screen resolution is invalid. There is an on-screen keyboard which gets cut on the right side, which can be seen here and here (or does it really cut strings that doesn't fit?)

PS: screenshots cannot be taken the usual palm way, it produces empty images. Only screenshots of minimized app is possible, I think this is a sdl bug in webOS.
    I Love this thread, I donīt understand **** but Love it

If someone is in need for a Beta Tester I would happily help. Iīm not a programmer but do have good experience with Linux Sytems.
    Hello, I fixed some bugs in the GPS-interface. I will post an updated patch this evening when I am back home.
    It seems to work correctly now, but the map still does not follow my coordinates. Does someone have a clue what might be missing?
    I guess I need to have a chat with some Navit developer ...
    Ok, here we go, this is my current patch for vehicle_webos.c

If you want to see debug-output you need to add
    Code:
    <debug name="vehicle_webos" level="9"/>
    to navit.xml.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ok I reapplied the current patches and use the navit.xml from the repository and now it even displays a route and seems to follow it. But the screen seems to update only every minute or something near that.
    And it crashes quite often.

But it's getting there ..

Addition:
    I got espeak to work and the speech announcements come right when they are supposed to. So it seems that it's merely a problem of the graphics not updating often enough.
    Last edited by noradtux; 03/21/2010 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Addition
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noradtux View Post
    Ok I reapplied the current patches and use the navit.xml from the repository and now it even displays a route and seems to follow it. But the screen seems to update only every minute or something near that.
    And it crashes quite often.

But it's getting there ..
    Thanks to all you 5 for working on Navit. I'm looking forword for the firdt alpha to test.
    That was the last app that was/is missing for me on my Pre

HaPe
    I just posted a simple espeak-package to the git-repository and pushed my current gps-patch.

Oh, and I adjusted the svg to png-converter-script to produce .png's with transparent backgrounds. The GUI looks much nicer now

@HaPe:
    It would be good if you could try compiling it yourself to see if there are bugs in the buildprocess.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    cannot wait to try it.....
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    @HaPe:
    It would be good if you could try compiling it yourself to see if there are bugs in the buildprocess.
    Hi noradtux,

I had the same idea ;-) . Will give it a try if I find the time on the weekend. I'm on travel all the week with only UMTS...

HaPe
    I didn't have any trouble building it a few days ago, but now I get this error, after running "make stage".

Code:
    patching file build/src/configure.in
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 65 (offset -4 lines).
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 822 (offset -55 lines).
    Hunk #3 succeeded at 901 (offset -55 lines).
    Hunk #4 succeeded at 1003 with fuzz 2 (offset -60 lines).
    patching file build/src/navit/graphics/sdl/graphics_sdl.c
    patching file build/src/navit/graphics/sdl/Makefile.am
    patching file build/src/navit/gui/internal/gui_internal.c
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 5901.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file build/src/navit/gui/internal/gui_internal.c.rej
    patching file build/src/navit/vehicle/Makefile.am
    patching file build/src/navit/vehicle/webos/Makefile.am
    patching file build/src/navit/vehicle/webos/vehicle_webos.c
    patching file build/src/navit/xpm/navit_svg2png
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 13.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file build/src/navit/xpm/navit_svg2png.rej
    make: *** [build/.patched] Error 1
    If someone could give me a quick hint how to Compile that, I will gladly help

I know how to get the WebOS Internalz PDK and how to get the sources from the NavIt SVN but what do I do with the patches
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by debilater View Post
    damned
    I remove that download. So, the Makefile expects the tarred PalmPDK in current directory, create it on a mac by mounting it and create a tarball of the directory PalmPDK.pkg. The problem is, that I was unable to extract it on linux. I tried several tools (dmg2img seems to be the best of them), but it failed...
    I needed to change:
    tar -C build -z -x -f $<
    to
    tar -C build -z -x -f ${DL_DIR}/pdk-${VERSION}.tgz
    in the Makefile

HaPe
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Holliefant View Post
    If someone could give me a quick hint how to Compile that, I will gladly help

I know how to get the WebOS Internalz PDK and how to get the sources from the NavIt SVN but what do I do with the patches
    If you installed the WIPDK as explained here => WebOS Internals PDK - WebOS Internals

Then:
    cd /srv/preware/cross-compile/noworking/navit
    make stage

At the moment it is not working without manual upades as you see from my last two posts

HaPe
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHoMi View Post
    I didn't have any trouble building it a few days ago, but now I get this error, after running "make stage".
    Looks like the source file has been updated. I added the change manually and removed the patch file. Then it is working until it is fixed.

HaPe
    I just pushed fixed versions of the two patches, plus some stuff to have navit appear in the launcher.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    I just pushed fixed versions of the two patches, plus some stuff to have navit appear in the launcher.
    Hi noradtux,

I was able to compile it with the WIPDK (before your last update, fixed the patches manually). It created a /media/cryptos folder on my ubuntu and copied all the files there.

How to install it now?

My try was to copy it to /media/internal in USB mode and then move it to the real /media/cryptofs from novaterm. I did this and get the following error when I run it form novaterm:
    Code:
    root@palm-webos-device:/media/internal/org.webosinternals.navit# /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit/bin/navit 
    navit:plugin_load:can't load '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit/lib/navit/vehicle/libvehicle_webos.so', Error '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit/lib/navit/vehicle/libvehicle_webos.so: undefined symbol: PDL_UnregisterServiceCallback'
    navit:vehicle_new:invalid type 'webos'
    navit:navit_init:no graphics
    navit:navit_get_user_data_directory:creating dir .//.navit
    navit:main_real:Using '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit/share/navit/navit.xml'
    navit:event_main_loop_run:no event system set
    root@palm-webos-device:/media/internal/org.webosinternals.navit#
    I expect it is missing the new libs from Palm pdk.

HaPe

Update:
    I installed the pdl libpdl_1.0-32_armv7.ipk from /srv/preware/cross-compile/nonworking/pdl but same result
    Last edited by HaPe; 03/23/2010 at 01:19 PM. Reason: new info
    It compiles for me now, with the recent changes... but same error as above.
    Last edited by JustinHoMi; 03/23/2010 at 02:14 PM.
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast