Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    I tried the patch. I get a white screen. If I tap on it, navit crashes. Maybe my navit.xml doesn't fit. Could you post yours?
    Hello,
    I figured out, how to get Navit to use the location-services of webOS using the pdl-library from palm's PDK
    I can center the map on my current position, but when I try to navigate somewhere, nothing happens. So something is still missing.

The diff contains the earlier sdl-patch + a new vehicle-type called webos.
    I used the following line for configuration:

./configure --enable-avoid-unaligned --disable-binding-python --enable-vehicle-webos --enable-svg2png-scaling="8 16 32 48 64 96" --enable-svg2png-scaling-flag="8 16 32 48 64 96" --enable-svg2png-scaling-nav="8 16 32 48 64 96"

I also attached my navit.xml.

Is there some repository where this stuff could be coordinated?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by noradtux; 03/14/2010 at 01:26 PM. Reason: clarification
    Quote Originally Posted by noradtux View Post
    Hello,
    I figured out, how to get Navit to use the location-services of webOS using the pdl-library from palm's PDK
    I can center the map on my current position, but when I try to navigate somewhere, nothing happens. So something is still missing.

The diff contains the earlier sdl-patch + a new vehicle-type called webos.
    I used the following line for configuration:

./configure --enable-avoid-unaligned --disable-binding-python --enable-vehicle-webos --enable-svg2png-scaling="" --enable-svg2png-scaling-flag="" --enable-svg2png-scaling-nav=""

I also attached my navit.xml.

Is there some repository where this stuff could be coordinated?
    WebOS Internals would be happy to host this stuff and also help with the packaging and distribution via Preware.

Just PM me to start the dialogue.

-- Rod
    Ahm, there is already a repository: nonworking/navit.
    Quote Originally Posted by debilater View Post
    Ahm, there is already a repository:
    Oops - too many things underway in parallel

-- Rod
    The last patch did not quite work. This is my current version which should fix the location-callback. I missed the code for telling Navit, that the coordinates have changed

I will see if the map follows my movement tomorrow.
    Hi noradtux

Thanks a lot for your patches. I tried to compile with your latest diff, but I need the pdk*.h files to get it compile. Can you tell me where you got the headers?

Kind regards,
    Christof
    I extracted those from the official PDK. I installed it via WINE, there you will find the stuff.
    My code still does not track the position, but I suspect something ...
    The timeouts should be processed via the SDL event loop and not directly in the callback function.
    Here's my last patch, without gps. A very good idea to use the generic service call for now when the functions are not yet in the lib.

@noradtux: can you see properly the labels in the osd menu?
    I built a package and i thought to post it in case someone is interested to test it.
    org.navit.project_0.0.2_all.ipk
    Somehow palm-package does not preserve the exec permissions so after installing it via WebosQuickInstall, you need to
    cd /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.navit.project/bin
    chmod +x *

Then it should work by tapping on the icon.
    I extracted those from the official PDK. I installed it via WINE, there you will find the stuff.
    My code still does not track the position, but I suspect something ...
    Just an idea...try by initializing the timer subsystem in SDL_Init (see my patch before). Otherwise it's not active.
    I don't get it. What is the difference between teh nav you want and Sprint navigation? i love that. Gets me everywhere. Best GPS navigator I ever had. And free to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by ravsteve View Post
    I don't get it. What is the difference between teh nav you want and Sprint navigation? i love that. Gets me everywhere. Best GPS navigator I ever had. And free to use.
    And only available on one of the many carriers and in one of the many countries in which the Pre is used.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by ravsteve View Post
    There isn't a single nav-solution (besides Google Maps) for the Pre in Europe.
    And more importantly: I like hacking around
    The last patch did not quite work. This is my current version which should fix the location-callback. I missed the code for telling Navit, that the coordinates have changed

I will see if the map follows my movement tomorrow.
    The pdl library available on my device (webos 1.4) contains only a few of the PDK APIs and does not have PDL_ServiceCallWithCallback and all that. How do you run it?

nm libpdl.so |grep PDL_
    00001558 T PDL_BannerMessagesEnable
    00001224 T PDL_CheckLicense
    00001528 T PDL_CustomPauseUiEnable
    00001540 T PDL_GesturesEnable
    0000122c T PDL_GetDeviceName
    000018dc T PDL_GetKeyName
    00001744 T PDL_GetLanguage
    00001344 T PDL_GetUniqueID
    00001938 T PDL_LaunchBrowser
    000019c8 T PDL_LaunchEmail
    000014cc T PDL_NotifyMusicPlaying
    000018d8 T PDL_Quit
    00001620 T PDL_ScreenTimeoutEnable
    000013e4 T PDL_SetFirewallPortStatus
    00001570 T PDL_SetOrientation
    00001c30 T _Z10PDL_LSCallPKcS0_
    00001934 T _Z14PDL_LaunchQuitv
    00001ba0 T _ZN12PDL_LSHandle6DeleteEv
    00001a98 T _ZN12PDL_LSHandle6HandleEv
    00001be4 T _ZN12PDL_LSHandle8InstanceEv
    0000a1f8 B _ZN12PDL_LSHandle9TheHandleE
    00001b18 T _ZN12PDL_LSHandleC1Ev
    00001b5c T _ZN12PDL_LSHandleC2Ev
    00001aa0 T _ZN12PDL_LSHandleD1Ev
    00001adc T _ZN12PDL_LSHandleD2Ev
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by binutzu View Post
    I built a package and i thought to post it in case someone is interested to test it.
    org.navit.project_0.0.2_all.ipk
    Somehow palm-package does not preserve the exec permissions so after installing it via WebosQuickInstall, you need to
    cd /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.navit.project/bin
    chmod +x *

Then it should work by tapping on the icon.
    Hi, a small feedback:
    Working here. German O2 Pre, Webos 1.4
    I get a map of München and can move arround. The menu is working. I can switch between 2D and 3D. On problem in the menu is that all text is written in balck on a black background :-)
    This version do not include the GPS patch right now. Is that right?

HaPe
    Hi there, I also downloaded the packet and installed it. I used WebOs quickinstall to send the command to the pre. First it did not work, but after a reset of the device I could open it. By tapping the screen I can open some kind of menu with settings and so on, after a realyl quick check they seem to do something but I can not read the text, same problem as decribed bevore black text on black background, you can see the text if a button is active.
    Another thing I could see was that the screen semed to be larger than the actual display I could paste it around a bit (not just the map) because the indicators for speed (?) and distance moved around as well.

Well just my two cents... I have no idea about programming, I'm just an experianced user but no programming skills ... but I really like your project and hope you can keep up the good work ! And I am willing to test and to help as far as I can...

I am searching for a good navigation solution since I have the pre.... And I am in Germany as well so no sprint nav here

Thanks a lot guys
    Since noone commited the patches, I did it (preware/cross-compile.git/nonworking/navit)

I devided the patches into separate files, one for each target file, and named them accordingly. The Makefile now applies them.

However, now there are 2 conflicting patches on sdl.c (one with and one without gps). Could you put together a new one?

And I added a dependency to the Makefile I called "pdk", which doesn't exist yet. The idea is to create a crosscompile package from the macosx package for the pdl. I'll take a look into it this evening...

Once the patches are stable and functioning, we could put them upstream to the navit developers, they'll apply it their svn.
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Hi, a small feedback:
    Working here. German O2 Pre, Webos 1.4
    I get a map of München and can move arround. The menu is working. I can switch between 2D and 3D. On problem in the menu is that all text is written in balck on a black background :-)
    This version do not include the GPS patch right now. Is that right?

HaPe
    yep, there's no gps in this version.
    Quote Originally Posted by binutzu View Post
    The pdl library available on my device (webos 1.4) contains only a few of the PDK APIs and does not have PDL_ServiceCallWithCallback and all that. How do you run it?
    Hmm, now as you mention it ..
    There are some .ipk's in the PDK. They seem to contain newer versions of some libs. I extracted the .so's and put them into /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/de.daemon.navit/.

Code:
    # ls /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/de.daemon.navit/ -1
    Icon.png
    appinfo.json
    bak
    bin
    lib
    libSDL-1.2.so.0
    libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.2
    libSDL.so
    libnapp.so
    libpdl.so