Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223 LastLast
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    In principle the Navit code can be recompiled for the Pixi. My experience so far is that the previous alpha version worked OK on the Pre while the next version was locking up. It appeared to recover with a small map and no displays for POI. Then I installed Uber-kernel to speed up the Pre itself and it works great now. The next version of the code needs to be optimized for speed on the Pre. So I conclude that the latest version is just a tad too slow for the Pre and therefore will be no good for the Pixi, unless you can use the Uber-kernel to speed up the Pixi. The bad news is that there is no version to do that - yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Hi folks,

an new version is uploaded and I updated the post => http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...98#post2375298

Here are the changes:
    V100523:
    - new navit version
    - some fixes in the orientation switching
    - the garmin map driver is now included, but untested
    - new skin (if you are updating from an older version you need to delete the xml files in .app-storage/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.org.webosinternals.navit_0/ on the Pre usb drive)
    - new espeak version
    - espeak has now an icon. You can test it by selection the icon.
    - espeak has a queue script if navit sends announcements to quick

Skin PreNav 'navit-gui-PreNav.xml':

Happy testing.

HaPe & noradtux
    Hi, do you have an individual download link for the newest skin please?

Thank you
    I also want to download the newest skin .How to install the skin ?Who can tell me?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    navit-gui-PreNav.xml is the latest skin and provided in the installation.
    Would someone please explain what I am doing wrong?

I have/had the old version on Navit installed on my Pre.

I went into Preware and removed the Navit and Speak support for Navit packages.

I hooked up the Pre to my computer in USB mode, but I couldn't find the "xml files in .app-storage/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.org.webosinternals.navit_0/" files on the USB drive. Where are they? What folder or directory?

I did download the new version of Navit and intalled it via QI, but the old version still runs on my Pre. I can't seem to load the new skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    navit-gui-PreNav.xml is the latest skin and provided in the installation.
    Not there when I installed it
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickTop View Post
    Not there for me either.
    Will this support unicode languages in the map? (Hebrew, specifically
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by urig View Post
    Will this support unicode languages in the map? (Hebrew, specifically
    Not sure if somebody of the original Navit team is working on it.
    It is a problem that the font tah is used do not contain the caracters, if I got it right. You can try to switch to a other font in the XML configuration.

HaPe
    I would so buy this if it works out, and I'm sure a lot of other folks would too. Think about it, if it were 50.00 USD, versus paying 10.00 a year that's a pretty good value.
    (Until ATT "updates" it to not work), hehe.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickTop View Post
    Navit only copies in the new XML files if the Navit.xml is not there. You need to delete the old ones to get the new.

HaPe
    Navit only copies in the new XML files if the Navit.xml is not there. You need to delete the old ones to get the new.

HaPe
    How do I delete the XML files?

I can't find the "xml files in .app-storage/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.org.webosinternals.navit_0/" file on my Palm when it is in USB mode.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyHDTV View Post
    How do I delete the XML files?

I can't find the "xml files in .app-storage/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.org.webosinternals.navit_0/" file on my Palm when it is in USB mode.
    I dont see this in the USB portion (/media/internal/) either. Is it on a different location?

Edit: - NVM...found it
    Last edited by RMB; 06/09/2010 at 02:27 PM.
    Has anyone seen this app for iPhone called Skobbler

PalmAddicts: Skobbler - The First Truly Free Turn by Turn GPS Navigation for the iPhone

Seems quite similar to Navit for Pre (which by the way looks really good) as it uses OSM
    I love the idea of navit on my pre, but somehow
    webos quick install just won´t let me install it.

I installed other homebrew things before and it worked.

I download the ipk´s for espeak , navit and local_de

It get the message

Cannot find package org.webosinterals.espeak.
    Cannot find package org.webosinterals.locale.
    Cannot find package org.webosinterals.navit.

Check spelling or run ´ipkg update´ is added each time

Could you please lead me to a solution :-)

best regards

Joerg Boesler
    Not sure if somebody of the original Navit team is working on it.
    It is a problem that the font tah is used do not contain the caracters, if I got it right. You can try to switch to a other font in the XML configuration.

HaPe
    Hey...
    Thanks for the quick response.
    Looking at the Navit wiki Interactive help - Navit's Wiki , it claims to use Liberation and than Arial.
    Well, i installed a hebrew font as LiberationSerief-Normal.ttf, no go.

Any suggestions would be REALLY appreciated.

Also: I noticed a new he_IL locale in the latest package. what would that do?
    The only lack for the Pre is a GPS navigation program, especially if you are not with a carrier who make available a solution like ATT, Verizon or Sprint.

I tested navit, look pretty good for a free program.

Just a question, is it me or it's for now impossible to enter an address to go ?
    I'm getting a blank screen on launching Navit on the Pre. Can someone help plz?
    I made version for palm pixi plus (german version 1.4.1), but it won't start. I put libSDL-1.2.so.0, libnapp.so and libpdl.so from the PDK for pixi to lib folder. Looks like some problem with SDL, but I don't know why. Does someone has any idea?

Thanks
    Krystl

Code:
    Log:
    Navit log started
    graphics_sdl:graphics_sdl_new:SDL_Init failed -1

gdb output:
    0x402cfca8 in waitpid () from /lib/libc.so.6
    #0  0x402cfca8 in waitpid () from /lib/libc.so.6
    #1  0x40274fb4 in do_system () from /lib/libc.so.6
    #2  0x4004c658 in system () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
    #3  0x0001ae18 in sigsegv (sig=<value optimized out>) at debug.c:67
    #4  <signal handler called>
    #5  0x00000000 in ?? ()
    #6  0x0001c0b0 in graphics_get_data (this_=0x6b688, type=0x40a1b180 "window") at graphics.c:344
    #7  0x40a0c10c in gui_internal_set_graphics (this=0x70070, gra=0x6b688) at gui_internal.c:4977
    #8  0x00020968 in gui_set_graphics (this_=<value optimized out>, gra=0x40a1b180) at gui.c:162
    #9  0x00025880 in navit_init (this_=0x5e5a0) at navit.c:1153
    #10 0x000157b4 in xi_end_element (context=<value optimized out>, element_name=0x6c740 "navit", user_data=<value optimized out>, 
        error=<value optimized out>) at xmlconfig.c:498
    #11 0x400cc234 in g_markup_parse_context_parse () from /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0
    #12 0x00015924 in parse_file (document=0xbed928e8, error=0xbed9294c) at xmlconfig.c:914
    #13 0x00015a80 in config_load (
        filename=0x5b380 "/media/internal/.app-storage/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.org.webosinternals.navit_0/navit.xml", 
        error=0xbed9294c) at xmlconfig.c:983
    #14 0x00011ba4 in main_real (argc=<value optimized out>, argv=<value optimized out>) at start_real.c:164
    #15 0x40254858 in __libc_start_main () from /lib/libc.so.6
    #16 0x000118b8 in _start ()
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abhinandanjain View Post
    I'm getting a blank screen on launching Navit on the Pre. Can someone help plz?
    Go here for help Application:Navit - WebOS Internals