I tried since a couple of months to port navit to palm pre and got pretty quick to the stage where it started but was not responsive, and didn't get any further
This week i had the idea to attach gdb and see what what is it actually doing.
From that stack trace, i came across this thread. Thanks to you, debilater, and to cp15, I got the hint what is going wrong.
So here it is: the navit running on Palm Pre, responsive, even got some OSD elements to work (zoom). Some menu elements don't show up well. This needs to be investigated. Also SVG and XPM files cannot be loaded on Pre. I will try with PNG files.
The next big step is to get the GPS data. I put here the patch for the SDL graphics. Please note that the patched source will not work on other SDL platform than the pre, but for a 1st try it's ok ;-)