Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223 LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 451
  1. #361  
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    I am really liking this whole thing!! I just uninstalled and reinstalled to get the latest release, and was wondering if someone was talking to Rod at WebOSinternals to gat a custom feed for testing this. so we don't have to unistall then reinstall everytime there is an update. Just a thought. I am fine doing it the way we have it curtrently but I was thinking if it was avainable in a custom testing feed you may get more of us Pre-Alpha/Apha/Beta tester types to help out.
    As soon as there is a webOS release which includes the PDK libraries that this package requires, it will be in the normal webos-internals testing feed.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2. #362  
    So whats the plan for this will it eventually be available in the palm app catalog? I really want a turn by turn nav app.
  3. #363  
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    So whats the plan for this will it eventually be available in the palm app catalog? I really want a turn by turn nav app.
    If it's available in Preware, why does it need to be in the palm app catalog?

    It's not as if a program is suddenly better just because it changes distribution method ...

    Note that as the Palm App Catalog acceptence criteria currently stand, even after PDK apps start to be accepted, Navit cannot comply with Palm's current and stated future restrictions. So the answer to your question is "There cannot be a plan, because it is blocked by Palm's acceptance criteria with respect to shared library usage by PDK apps".

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  4. hape's Avatar
    Posts
    556 Posts
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    #364  
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    So whats the plan for this will it eventually be available in the palm app catalog? I really want a turn by turn nav app.
    Hi,

    it will be in Preware Testing feed when:
    1) Palm release the final PDK
    2) The WebOs Release that supports this PDK is avalable to the developers (noradtux and I are from Germany, so this mean the German O2 release)
    3) We had the time to made the changes that will be needed to run Navit with 1 and 2

    I personal have no interest in getting it into the official app catalog. If someone is interested feel free.
    The main reason is that the port is based on the wipk and not the Palm PDK and I do not have any interest in doing it. It will work with Preware without problem, so I personal see no reason to spent the time and work into get in it into the official catalog.

    If someone has some time left I, and I expect a lot of others, would be happy if he/she can convert the information from this thread into the wiki page I have started.
    Application:Navit - WebOS Internals

    It would help a lot I expect, as the same questions are asked again and again. Hint: there is a thread search in this forum

    HaPe
  5. mgmft's Avatar
    Posts
    199 Posts
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    #365  
    Hi,

    I managed to add personal POI. In my case LPG stations and for testing Burger King and McDonalds (in Germany). These are the POI files:

    mcdonalds.txt
    burgerking.txt

    Copy them to the folder you use and change your navit.xml. My example:

    <mapset enabled="yes">
    <map type="textfile" enabled="yes" data="/media/internal/MapsNavit/lpg.txt"/>
    <map type="textfile" enabled="yes" data="/media/internal/MapsNavit/burgerking.txt"/>
    <map type="textfile" enabled="yes" data="/media/internal/MapsNavit/mcdonalds.txt"/>
    LPG stations are set as "poi_fuel", can be searched for and are shown in the map. "poi_burgerking" and "poi_mcdonalds" can be searched for, but won`t show in the map I modified navit_layout.xml, but McDs and BK still won`t show :

    Code:
    ......
    		<!-- not really usefull -->
    		<!--
    		<itemgra item_types="point_unkn" order="0-">
    				<circle color="#8080ff" radius="3"/>
    		</itemgra>
    		-->
    		<itemgra item_types="poi_dining" order="12-">
    			<icon src="dining.png"/>
    		</itemgra>
    		<itemgra item_types="poi_fastfood" order="12-">
    			<icon src="fastfood.png"/>
    		</itemgra>
    		<itemgra item_types="poi_mcdonalds" order="12-">
    			<icon src="fastfood.png"/>
    		</itemgra>
    		<itemgra item_types="poi_burgerking" order="12-">
    			<icon src="fastfood.png"/>
    		</itemgra>
    .....
    	<layer name="POI Labels">
    		<itemgra item_types="poi_airport,town_ghost,poi_hotel,poi_car_parking,poi_car_dealer_parts,poi_fuel,poi_shopping,poi_attraction,poi_cafe,poi_bar,highway_exit,poi_camp_rv,poi_museum_history,poi_hospital,poi_dining,poi_fastfood,poi_kfc,poi_burgerking,poi_mcdonalds,poi_police,poi_autoservice,poi_bank,poi_bus_station,poi_bus_stop,poi_business_service,poi_car_rent,poi_church,poi_cinema,poi_concert,poi_drinking_water,poi_emergency,poi_fair,poi_fish,poi_government_building,poi_hotspring,poi_information,poi_justice,poi_landmark,poi_library,poi_mall,poi_manmade_feature,poi_marine,poi_marine_type,poi_mark,poi_oil_field,poi_peak,poi_personal_service,poi_pharmacy,poi_post_office,poi_public_office,poi_rail_halt,poi_rail_station,poi_rail_tram_stop,poi_repair_service,poi_resort,poi_restaurant,poi_restricted_area,poi_sailing,poi_scenic_area,poi_school,poi_service,poi_shop_retail,poi_skiing,poi_social_service,poi_sport,poi_stadium,poi_swimming,poi_theater,poi_townhall,poi_trail,poi_truck_stop,poi_tunnel,poi_worship,poi_wrecker,poi_zoo,poi_biergarten,poi_castle,poi_ruins,poi_memorial,poi_monument,poi_shelter,poi_fountain,poi_viewpoint,vehicle" order="14-">
    			<circle color="#606060" radius="0" width="0" text_size="10"/>
    .....
    Any suggestion ?

    Thanks Marcel
    Last edited by mgmft; 06/02/2010 at 04:14 AM.
  6. #366  
    awesome can't wait till it hits preware!!

    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Hi,

    it will be in Preware Testing feed when:
    1) Palm release the final PDK
    2) The WebOs Release that supports this PDK is avalable to the developers (noradtux and I are from Germany, so this mean the German O2 release)
    3) We had the time to made the changes that will be needed to run Navit with 1 and 2

    I personal have no interest in getting it into the official app catalog. If someone is interested feel free.
    The main reason is that the port is based on the wipk and not the Palm PDK and I do not have any interest in doing it. It will work with Preware without problem, so I personal see no reason to spent the time and work into get in it into the official catalog.

    If someone has some time left I, and I expect a lot of others, would be happy if he/she can convert the information from this thread into the wiki page I have started.
    [url= - WebOS Internals[/url]

    It would help a lot I expect, as the same questions are asked again and again. Hint: there is a thread search in this forum

    HaPe
  7. hartmund's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #367  
    first of all, the new version, especially the new skin rocks! It seems though the max speed display is showing random speeds, they barely match the roadsigns. I think it gets the information out of the map so it has nothing to do with navit. However i would like to not have this rectangle in the upper right corner, as i see all the signs out of the car... If i knew how to customize skins i would do it by myself. Is there a wiki for this, too?
  8. mgmft's Avatar
    Posts
    199 Posts
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    #368  
    Quote Originally Posted by hartmund View Post
    first of all, the new version, especially the new skin rocks! It seems though the max speed display is showing random speeds, they barely match the roadsigns. I think it gets the information out of the map so it has nothing to do with navit. However i would like to not have this rectangle in the upper right corner, as i see all the signs out of the car... If i knew how to customize skins i would do it by myself. Is there a wiki for this, too?
    Hi Hartmut,

    as far as i know it is (unfortunately) not the allowed speed. It is the speed, that was used for calculating the route (and arrival time). I also would prefer to get rid of it.

    Marcel
  9. Zoso's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #369  
    I would like to make a small suggestion....

    Is there anyway to post instructions on the first post of this thread? I finally found the install instructions on page 17 or something, but never found any instructions on how to work the program. Took me about 20 seconds to find the settings screen, but I still don't know how to add a destination so I can see if this is actually working. I have installed and i can see the map, but I can not find how to do anything else... most developers put the full instructions for downloads, etc on that first page and then edit it as time goes on and things change so we don't have to scroll through 19 pages of updates to find out what is needed.

    for the time being, can someone just post a quick instruction on how to add a destination so I can try this out??? I feel like such a noob....
  10. vreihen's Avatar
    Posts
    495 Posts
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    #370  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoso View Post
    for the time being, can someone just post a quick instruction on how to add a destination so I can try this out??? I feel like such a noob....
    It was only a page back:

    http://forums.precentral.net/2476887-post353.html

    Regarding the documentation and having the download link on the first message, it might require starting a new thread. Not like it is a bad idea at this point, because this one is getting way too long to still be useful.

    I noticed that HaPe just posted a link to a new documentation wiki page on webos-internals. For those who want to contribute to the project but don't have the programming skills, I'm sure that they would really appreciate the help if you could write out the installation instructions, basic usage, and a FAQ that includes gotchas like street address search not working with several map sources or Navit not knowing what a state is in the USA when you're searching by town. I was going to request wiki edit access to post the instructions that I linked to above, but would gladly defer to someone else if they have more free time to do it.....
  11. #371  
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmft View Post
    as far as i know it is (unfortunately) not the allowed speed. It is the speed, that was used for calculating the route (and arrival time). I also would prefer to get rid of it.
    If you're using OpenStreetMap extracts, the displayed speed is (more or less) the speed limit from the OSM database. If no speed has been set, there appear to be preset values based on the type of the road.

    My problem is that it appears to be using just the numbers from OSM, not the units, so where roads in my area are tagged with a speed limit of "60 mph", Navit it showing the limit at 60 kph, which is a little off... I need to look more into the OSM extract process before I can figure out how to fix it.
  12. #372  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoso View Post
    I would like to make a small suggestion....

    Is there anyway to post instructions on the first post of this thread? I finally found the install instructions on page 17 or something, but never found any instructions on how to work the program. Took me about 20 seconds to find the settings screen, but I still don't know how to add a destination so I can see if this is actually working. I have installed and i can see the map, but I can not find how to do anything else... most developers put the full instructions for downloads, etc on that first page and then edit it as time goes on and things change so we don't have to scroll through 19 pages of updates to find out what is needed.

    for the time being, can someone just post a quick instruction on how to add a destination so I can try this out??? I feel like such a noob....
    The instructions should go on the wiki page that many people can directly contribute to, not in a forum thread post that can only be edited by one person.

    Forums are for discussion, wikis are for information.

    Note that anyone who wants to contribute can create a wiki account and start adding instructions to the wiki page.

    -- Rod
  13. PreRunr's Avatar
    Posts
    344 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #373  
    I have taken the liberty of adding things to the wiki page Application:Navit - WebOS Internals to help people.
  14. viv
    viv is offline
    viv's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    #374  
    I've checked the navit wiki and searched the thread but couldn't find an answer to my question..

    how do I switch the distance measurements from km to miles?
  15. #375  
    I scrolled thruegh the online repository of the navit source quickly. In my opinion navit (correctly the osm2navit converter) does not extract any speed limits from OSM but only the street type (e.g. street_city_tertiary). OSM2Navit puts this classifications of OSM tags into its own scheme. This scheme is visible in the navit_vehicleprofile.xml. This file is the only place there the shown speed limit is defined:
    Code:
    <roadprofile item_types="street_4_city" speed="50" route_weight="50">
    		<announcement level="0" distance_metric="50"/>
    		<announcement level="1" distance_metric="200"/>
    		<announcement level="2" distance_metric="500"/>
    	</roadprofile>
    In the example above the shown speed for all streets in the map of this type is 50 and the speed for the calculation is also 50 (route_weight="50").

    In order to get the speech announcements earlier or later the distance_metric value has to be edited.

    I think non-metric units are not implemented yet.

    Maybe a navit developer can comment this (PN). Its my personal view. I dont want to put this in the wiki unconfirmed.
  16. vreihen's Avatar
    Posts
    495 Posts
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    #376  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    I have taken the liberty of adding things to the wiki page Application:Navit - WebOS Internals to help people.
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    The only things missing now are a download link, installation instructions, and how to get map data for your locale. More or less a cut/paste of HaPe's download post in this thread. If nobody else gets to it by the weekend, I'll see if I can find some free time to add this stuff.....
  17. PreRunr's Avatar
    Posts
    344 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #377  
    Done
  18. #378  
    Quote Originally Posted by SK64 View Post
    I scrolled thruegh the online repository of the navit source quickly. In my opinion navit (correctly the osm2navit converter) does not extract any speed limits from OSM but only the street type (e.g. street_city_tertiary).
    I'm using the US state extracts from CloudMade, and it definitely is using the OSM maxspeed tag. I drove on several motorway segments yesterday. One was tagged "maxspeed=60 mph" and Navit showed a speed limit of 60 kph. Another segment was tagged "maxspeed=55 mph" and Navit showed a speed limit of 55 kph. Another was not tagged with a maxspeed and Navit showed a speed limit of 80 kph.

    Like I said, I'm using CloudeMade's extracts, not making my own, so maybe they're doing something special.

    Quote Originally Posted by SK64 View Post
    I think non-metric units are not implemented yet.
    As far as I can tell, they are not.
  19. hape's Avatar
    Posts
    556 Posts
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    #379  
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmft View Post
    Hi,

    I managed to add personal POI. In my case LPG stations and for testing Burger King and McDonalds (in Germany). These are the POI files:

    mcdonalds.txt
    burgerking.txt

    Copy them to the folder you use and change your navit.xml. My example:



    LPG stations are set as "poi_fuel", can be searched for and are shown in the map. "poi_burgerking" and "poi_mcdonalds" can be searched for, but won`t show in the map I modified navit_layout.xml, but McDs and BK still won`t show :

    Code:
    ......
    		<!-- not really usefull -->
    		<!--
    		<itemgra item_types="point_unkn" order="0-">
    				<circle color="#8080ff" radius="3"/>
    		</itemgra>
    		-->
    		<itemgra item_types="poi_dining" order="12-">
    			<icon src="dining.png"/>
    		</itemgra>
    		<itemgra item_types="poi_fastfood" order="12-">
    			<icon src="fastfood.png"/>
    		</itemgra>
    		<itemgra item_types="poi_mcdonalds" order="12-">
    			<icon src="fastfood.png"/>
    		</itemgra>
    		<itemgra item_types="poi_burgerking" order="12-">
    			<icon src="fastfood.png"/>
    		</itemgra>
    .....
    	<layer name="POI Labels">
    		<itemgra item_types="poi_airport,town_ghost,poi_hotel,poi_car_parking,poi_car_dealer_parts,poi_fuel,poi_shopping,poi_attraction,poi_cafe,poi_bar,highway_exit,poi_camp_rv,poi_museum_history,poi_hospital,poi_dining,poi_fastfood,poi_kfc,poi_burgerking,poi_mcdonalds,poi_police,poi_autoservice,poi_bank,poi_bus_station,poi_bus_stop,poi_business_service,poi_car_rent,poi_church,poi_cinema,poi_concert,poi_drinking_water,poi_emergency,poi_fair,poi_fish,poi_government_building,poi_hotspring,poi_information,poi_justice,poi_landmark,poi_library,poi_mall,poi_manmade_feature,poi_marine,poi_marine_type,poi_mark,poi_oil_field,poi_peak,poi_personal_service,poi_pharmacy,poi_post_office,poi_public_office,poi_rail_halt,poi_rail_station,poi_rail_tram_stop,poi_repair_service,poi_resort,poi_restaurant,poi_restricted_area,poi_sailing,poi_scenic_area,poi_school,poi_service,poi_shop_retail,poi_skiing,poi_social_service,poi_sport,poi_stadium,poi_swimming,poi_theater,poi_townhall,poi_trail,poi_truck_stop,poi_tunnel,poi_worship,poi_wrecker,poi_zoo,poi_biergarten,poi_castle,poi_ruins,poi_memorial,poi_monument,poi_shelter,poi_fountain,poi_viewpoint,vehicle" order="14-">
    			<circle color="#606060" radius="0" width="0" text_size="10"/>
    .....
    Any suggestion ?

    Thanks Marcel
    Hi Marcel,

    the latest version should create a log file in .app-storage/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.org.webosinternals.navit_0/navit.log . If not redownload. I reduploaded the package when I realiced that it was switched off in the first on.

    You will see a lot off messages about missing Icons. That will be fixed in the next version. The list of icons we will have is here git.webos-internals.org Git - preware/cross-compile.git/tree - packages/nonworking/navit/files/poi_png/

    Perhaps navit tells you in the log what is going wrong. Could you please also add you information to the wiki Application:Navit - WebOS Internals , thanks in advance

    HaPe

    Ps: The fastfood POI files you uploaded have some dobbel " and new lines that the LG POI file has not.

    Code:
    type=poi_mcdonalds label=""McDonalds Aache... (sample)"
    " description=""McDonalds Aache... (sample)"
    " gc_type=""
    6.084072  50.776657
    type=poi_mcdonalds label=""McDonalds Aache... (sample)"
    " description=""McDonalds Aache... (sample)"
    " gc_type=""
    6.087553  50.775242
    and

    Code:
    type="fuel" label="Jet FT" description="LPG" gc_type="" 8.354950 49.521720
    type="poi_attraction" label="Globus" description="LPG" gc_type="" 8.352550 49.484690
    Last edited by HaPe; 06/04/2010 at 11:59 AM. Reason: added PS
  20. #380  
    Hello,
    is there any chance to make version for palm pixi plus? It has different CPU than pre, so it can't be installed.

    Thanks

Posting Permissions