Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 LastLast
    Trying out the OSM maps now. Detail for my area is reasonable. Will try navigation next.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Tried the new gui but it locks up very quickly and I have to restart Navit. Also I keep having the problem that once a GPS lock/startup occurs in the morning hours the screen goes to car-dark mode. My guess is that the GPS time is used to estimate time of day and since Australia is 10+ hours ahead its dark at GMT so I get switched to a dark screen.
    quick someone make a youtube video
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Looking at the skins it looks like HaPe has a different version of navit_gui_pre.xml on his pictures than is provided in the latest build. The <!-- Big --> option is enabled for his pictures not the <!-- Small --> in the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    at the moment it is not supported to have two locale packages installed at the same time. If you have enough space on your USB drive then you call install the 'all' locale package. It includes the two you want.

The bug that the link in /usr/lib/locale is not delete is still there. You need to delete it manually before you install the 'all' package.

HaPe
    Thank you for your help HaPe.

I was able to delete the link and install the locale.
    I also changed the navit.sh script to export the proper locale settings

Code:
    unset LC_ALL
    export LANG=he_IL.utf8
    and in the Tools -> Show Locale it shows he_IL.utf8

but... still no hebrew, all i see is [][][][] instead of the actual chars.
    I tried to change the font parameters in the navit.xml to 'Arial' - but no go.

any other ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Hi folks,

an new version is uploaded and I updated the post => http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...98#post2375298
    Hi there....
    I was hoping you could help me out a bit....
    I removed the older version using Preware by removing all 3 files. I am trying to install the new files with WebOS QI but I am getting the following error msg.

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to install org.webosinternals.espeak_1.43.31-1_armv7.ipk

Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=org.webosinternals.espeak (arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2)

An error occured, return value: 4.
    Collected errors.
    Cannot find package org.webosinternals.espeak.
    Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'

Now I am getting the same error for all 3 files. I am not sure if this a WebOS QI issue or something wrong with the new version of Navit. Any ideas?

Thanks for your time in advance.
    Vas
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    I also changed the navit.sh script to export the proper locale settings

Code:
    unset LC_ALL
    export LANG=he_IL.utf8

and in the Tools -> Show Locale it shows he_IL.utf8

but... still no hebrew, all i see is [][][][] instead of the actual chars.
    I tried to change the font parameters in the navit.xml to 'Arial' - but no go.

any other ideas?
    See => http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2456866

HaPe
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Hi there....
    I was hoping you could help me out a bit....
    I removed the older version using Preware by removing all 3 files. I am trying to install the new files with WebOS QI but I am getting the following error msg.

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to install org.webosinternals.espeak_1.43.31-1_armv7.ipk

Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=org.webosinternals.espeak (arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2)

An error occured, return value: 4.
    Collected errors.
    Cannot find package org.webosinternals.espeak.
    Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'

Now I am getting the same error for all 3 files. I am not sure if this a WebOS QI issue or something wrong with the new version of Navit. Any ideas?

Thanks for your time in advance.
    Vas
    Ok just tried reinstalling this at home and it worked just fine...
    mmm weird....
    How does one search for streets? I select town, then it prompts for steeet but that's where I am stuck - there doesn't seem to be an Enter button to initiate the search.
    Navit should start to search for streets in your town as you type, just like when you search for Towns. The only difference is in finding house numbers. You have to hit the OK Button left of the input field.

If you are using OSM maps, your town might lack metainfo. I did notice this for some towns in Germany, too, although OSM Germany maps are rather good.
    I've got the Navit program up and running with my state's maps. It correctly locates me with a blue dot on the screen.

I've searched for a user manual on how to use the navigation, but can't find it. Can someone point me to the user manual or let me know how to plan a route? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    1) Scroll through the map until you can see the location that you want to drive to.

2) Zoom in tight on the screen, if necessary. Tap on your destination on the map.

3) When Navit opens it's main menu, tap on actions.

4) The car icon should show your current latitude/longitude. (Just saying)

5) The globe icon should show the destination latitude/longitude that you tapped on the map.

6) Tap on the globe icon.

7) From the menu that pops up, select either bookmark this location (recommended) or navigate to this location.

8) If you chose to bookmark it, tap actions | bookmarks, then tap your bookmark. Select navigate to this location.

9) Depending on the distance you asked it to go, Navit should pop up the first driving direction and speak it to you within 5-10 seconds.

The OSM map data apparently does not contain the concept of a state, so navigating by state/city/street lookup is difficult to impossible. Navigating by bookmark on the map is the only option for the time being.....
    I drove yesterday from Stuttgart to Freiburg and used Navit. It worked quite well, though it had some difficulties with me ignoring some ways it wanted me to go
    So I had to restart about 3 times, but that was because of my stubbornness

Just wanted to say once again, nice Job from the Navit developers and nice job from the ones who ported it to the Palm Pre
    Hi,

Ive just installed new version of Navit but cant get the new nice interface. My navit.xml says
    <!-- A very simple OSD ... -->
    <!-- <xi:include href="$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/navit_gui.xml"/> -->
    <!-- Pre OSD based on OSD Layouts - Navit's Wiki -->
    <!-- <xi:include href="$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/navit_gui_pre.xml"/> -->
    <!-- OSD made by Stefan G. / AndrejDelany -->
    <xi:include href="$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/navit_gui_PreNav.xml"/>
    but I still see older 'navic-gui-Pre.xml' interface.
    Also I cant see czech locale in settings although it seemed to be installed fine. Is there a way to check if its installed?
    Thx
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tr47 View Post
    Hi,

Ive just installed new version of Navit but cant get the new nice interface. My navit.xml says

but I still see older 'navic-gui-Pre.xml' interface.
    Did you delete the original .xml file before upgrading, per the instructions? That would be my first guess for the cause of this.....
    Just uninstalled navit/espeak/lang via preware. Didnt physically delete anything..
  17. PrX
    Hi all! It's really great navigation for Pre! But I have one issue.

Previous version of Navit worked well, but current doesn't work for me. I cannot install any locale file like some users (/tmp/ipkgScript.sh - Operation not permitted). Without it Navit doesn't locate me. Please help me, thanks in advance.
    Last edited by PrX; 05/29/2010 at 03:58 PM.
    Best regards,
    PrX
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    If it can take me to a address, I would say it is already usable.

I am living in Canada. I tried to go action->town, it can not even find Vancouver... Clicking and bookmark on the map works great.

Thank for the excellent job.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Hi,

has anyone tried to add user POIs? I tried, as described HERE

The first "test"-POI-text file looked like this:

type="fuel" label="Jet FT" description="LPG" gc_type="" 8.354950 49.521720
    type="poi_attraction" label="Globus" description="LPG" gc_type="" 8.352550 49.484690
    I added it to navit.xml:

<mapset enabled="yes">
    <map type="textfile" enabled="yes" data="/media/internal/MapsNavit/navit_poi.txt"/>
    In the card settings I can switch it on and off, but neither can I see a POI on the map, nor can I search for it. I want to add the lpg gas stations in germany to my Marco Polo maps.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Marcel
    I am really liking this whole thing!! I just uninstalled and reinstalled to get the latest release, and was wondering if someone was talking to Rod at WebOSinternals to gat a custom feed for testing this. so we don't have to unistall then reinstall everytime there is an update. Just a thought. I am fine doing it the way we have it curtrently but I was thinking if it was avainable in a custom testing feed you may get more of us Pre-Alpha/Apha/Beta tester types to help out.