Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fengfengw View Post
    I have tried the skin but not able to zoom in/out.
    Hm, I tested it again and it works for me without problems

Quote Originally Posted by fengfengw View Post
    And it rotates from full screen to card view no matter it is portrait or landscape.
    That it normal. All Landsacpe apps rotate back when you go to card view. If there is somthing diffrent here thet it is the pre alpha rotate code and not the skin.

Attached a new version with some position and size correction for the top left box.

HaPe
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I did some testing and it seems that the maps from cloudmake won´t work good.
    When I start NavIt with those maps it takes a really long time to start and routing is not really working.

The new Skin looks pretty good thanks for that
    Hi HaPe,

It is my bad. I copied the file again and the skin works very well. Just love it. I am wondering if the volume of the voice could be louder?
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    I ran Navit on my commute to work today. (The package posted with the rotation feature, but no skins patches.) Every time that I went around a corner, it changed orientation. Not a big deal for me.

The only anomaly that I observed was that the charging alert that pops up on the bottom of the screen whenever I put the phone onto the touchstone was pushing in from the left side of the screen for some reason even when Navit was running in portrait mode. Also, when I minimized the app to card view in portrait mode, it rotated to landscape mode as it minimized even though it was in portrait mode at the time. Just mentioning this since it seems like the rotation code gets confused, and I figured that you'd want the bug report.

Other than that, this was the first time that I've ever driven with Navit. It made it the 17 km from home to work without any incident or crashes, and this on a Verizon Pre+ with allegedly flaky GPS hardware.....
    Is there any way to display the State name in the search results? When I search for a Town, it displays every town in the country with the same name (this can be dozens). And there's no way to tell what town is what.
    Hi frostea,

on my moko I have the same problem with the german map, so it must be somehow defect.

Kind regards,
    Christof
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    hey there
    this seems as a good alternative to a dedicated gps system. Can anyone PM me the details like, were to download, installing and instructios. I'd like to try this one in sweden.
    so please PM me if you can help.
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I just installed Navit on my GSM Pre the first time but it always crashes after about one minute or less. Everything else (which is not much in less than a minute) works. I appreciate your work guys!

edit: the reason for the crash was trying to navigate from Aachen to Berlin. I got it to stop, now everything works again.
    I took my Navit-enabled Pre out for a ride today and it safely took me to IKEA, live re-routing works a charm... well most of the time. I added a vehicle profile for my scooter and opted out of highways (prohibited in germany). On my way back I ignored a couple of directions, Navit re-routed me okay. But when I took a road running 50m in parallel to a highway, it got all confused, routed me correctly for a couple of turns but then lost me on the last km home.

Quote Originally Posted by cmusik View Post
    Hi frostea,

on my moko I have the same problem with the german map, so it must be somehow defect.

Kind regards,
    Christof
    Christof, it does work for me now. I DLed the Live CD from mandrivausers.de with Navit Germany preinstalled. I was curious and tried the mapfile supplied with that bundle and it worked ootb. So my map issue is gone. I assume it could have something to do with the map downloader on maps.navit-project.org/download like I don't know... which browser you use or something. Seems to be working for others.

Cheers
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post

Attached a new version with some position and size correction for the top left box.
    Very nice skin. I'd suggest to make the upper left box a little bit wider where the actual speed is displayed, because the km/h is cropped when driving more the 10kph.

Now & next always show the same Street, did you happen to mix up the variables?

Thanks a lot for your work
    Danny
    Guys Im unsure how to install the skin, Ive read to copy it to a certain folder but where might I find this folder?
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickTop View Post
    Guys Im unsure how to install the skin, Ive read to copy it to a certain folder but where might I find this folder?
    It's in the Media-Partition. Probably your filebrowser doesn't show the directory because it's hidden. Please try to change this option. Otherwise just copy & paste the path to your explorer.

Quote Originally Posted by HaPe
    To use it you need to copy the contents of the zip file to '.app-storage/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.org.webosinternals.navit_0/'. Rename the 'navit_gui.xml' in that folder before, that you can return to the original skin.
    I have a problem installing the locale language file. I started with installing the navit and the espeak package, and tried the locale after that. Error:

"An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/iphkScript.sh

ApplicationPath=/usr/lib/luna/applications:/var/luna/applications:/var/usr/lib/luna/applications:/usr/palm/applications:/var/usr/palm/applications:/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications
    In: /usr/lib/locale/locale: Operation not permitted"
    Quote Originally Posted by hux View Post
    I have a problem installing the locale language file. I started with installing the navit and the espeak package, and tried the locale after that. Error:

ApplicationPath=/usr/lib/luna/applications:/var/luna/applications:/var/usr/lib/luna/applications:/usr/palm/applications:/var/usr/palm/applications:/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications
    i got that too, but even without it navit runs ok in english at least
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shinebar View Post
    Very nice skin. I'd suggest to make the upper left box a little bit wider where the actual speed is displayed, because the km/h is cropped when driving more the 10kph.
    Works as designed. I do not want to cover to much of the display adn i think you know that the value is in km/h :-)

Quote Originally Posted by shinebar View Post
    I checked it yesterday and for me the values are fine.

HaPe

Ps Here a screenshot of the skin that hux send me. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hux View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BrickTop View Post
    i got that too, but even without it navit runs ok in english at least
    hux, BrickTop, what languages did you try. Make sure you have the latest version of WSQI . Can you try the de_DE file please as I know that is working for a lot of people.

HaPe
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Hi,

the skin looks good and I would keep the "km/h" field small also!

In my case it also shows the same (changing) name all the time. Here is a little screenshot (Pre on my new touchstone-holder):
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Hi HaPe,

a user at nexave.de added the possibility to toggle autozoom in the settings. It works. Could you include it into your ipk? Here is the link.

Thanks

Marcel
    zooming in and out while on navigation didnt work for me the other day. Im gonna try it again today with the new skin. Thanks for your work.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmft View Post
    Hi HaPe,

a user at nexave.de added the possibility to toggle autozoom in the settings. It works. Could you include it into your ipk? Here is the link.

Thanks

Marcel
    Hi, I searched for a solition like this. I will include it in the next version.

HaPe