1.    #1  
    Cross posted hoping for a response:

I was installing Hide NFL patch when in the middle I got "too many cards." I hit OK and the "downloading/installing" message went on for ever. I had to close the Preware card. Now I am stuck in the middle. Preware thinks it is installed, but it isn't. If I try to remove, I get an error.

IPKG log:

patching file usr/palm/applications/com.handson.app.nfl/appinfo.json
    Unreversed patch detected!
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.handson.app.nfl/appinfo.json.rej

How do I recover from this?
    i have the same error, tho from another problem. After going from sprint 1.3.5 to o2 1.3.5.2 (i didnt remove the patches cause i doctored) all the patches i had on before where still showing up in preware. When i try to remove them i get the same error that you are getting.
    Its really annoying, cause i have like 20 unfunctional patches in preware which i cant remove or reinstall but i really "need" those
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    i have the same error, tho from another problem. After going from sprint 1.3.5 to o2 1.3.5.2 (i didnt remove the patches cause i doctored) all the patches i had on before where still showing up in preware. When i try to remove them i get the same error that you are getting.
    Its really annoying, cause i have like 20 unfunctional patches in preware which i cant remove or reinstall but i really "need" those
    Have you tried "Emergency Patch Recovery". You could then reapply the patches. I have a strong suspicion you'll get an error on EPR.
    yes i tried it ang i get the same error :/
  5.    #5  
    That's what I figured. Bummer
    I think that only solution at this point is the good doctor (web doctor).

there is today a solution! Jason just updated Web OS repair utility! that will do the trick!

http://filebin.ca/eovqe/WebOSRepairUtility.jar
    Last edited by max.swell; 01/13/2010 at 10:56 PM. Reason: update
    WebOS Doctor doesnt work, atleast for me... i allready doctored from 1.3.5 to 1.3.5.2 and the patches, atleast some remains, stay intact. Seems with 1.3.5 some "index" files or something like that of the patches got moved to the media partition that stays intact after a doctor.

WebOSRepairUtility doesnt work with 1.3.5.2 (yet), also i cant really see how this could help, as the problem is not with WebOS (it runs just fine) but preware listing those old patches which are not installed. Like i allready said, doctor didnt work either.

EDIT: just fixed it by a partial erase from the "Device Info"-Menu. tho you have to configure and install all apps/patches again.
    Last edited by Sonic-NKT; 01/14/2010 at 07:41 AM.
  8.    #8  
    I fixed mine this morning using webOS Quick Install. I tried installing, got the same error. I tried uninstalling which worked. Now the patch is fine.
  9. mzlogan11
    Thanks for this thread folks. I had the same issue and was able to fix it using Quick Install.