Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is the Terminal app dead? It hasn't been touched since August and after the latest update, 90% of the time is crashes Luna when you close it.

If there was some kind of Bugzilla, I'd file a proper bug report, but this is the best I can see to do.

M.
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    +1

It started crashing Luna on close (sometimes) after around 1.3.5, I think.
    I too can confirm that terminal crashes Luna when starting. I wanted to run a command quickly and tried terminal. The WebOS Internals team has done a great job making the transition to 1.4 easy. I know that they are busy fixing many things and I expect that terminal will be updated through Preware soon.
    Yeah it's been a known problem for awhile, unfortunately no one seems to be doing anything about it
  5.    #5  
    Now with 1.4 it totally broke. It just crashes Luna at start time. At least before, you could start it and do what you needed to do, then crash Luna closing it. Now you can't even do that. Luna crashes on start.

I hope it's not a month and a half for an update. I need that for communicating with some of my Servers at work (Linux, obviously). It was about half the reason I wanted a Pre...

M.
    Already mentioned on another thread:

The WebOS Internals "Terminal" application is broken in webOS 1.4 - we'll get it fixed in the next couple of days.
    Twitter / WebOS Internals: The WebOS Internals "Termi ...

Terminus does work in the meantime.
  7.    #7  
    I'll try it again, but it failed to install this morning. Maybe it just timed out due to all the traffic. I didn't read the ipkg log.
    i used terminal like three days ago so it couldnt have been out for too long ha ha ha jeez man!!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  9.    #9  
    You used it "a few days ago" with WebOS 1.4? I"m thinkin' not.
    no but someone said its been on the fritz for a while . well thats just not true . the update was last night lol come on it just went out ha!

excuse me but he said its been a known problem for a while lol not!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  11.    #11  
    Where the heck is Terminus? I can't find it now. :-/
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I'll wait for the update, gotta get on terminal to reset my pass so I can access via putty again.

Have to do this everytime when a new WebOS patch is released.
  13.    #13  
    well, I found Terminus. It's even worse than terminal. It hard locked the phone. Not even the "hold power and flip mute 3 times" would reboot it. I had to pull the battery. It disappeared from the launcher after the reboot...
    Does anyone know how to enter special chars like |, esc, and alt in terminus? It works for me otherwise.
    Unfortunately those of us with a Pixi don't have access to Terminus. :-(

I found a list of Special Chars here Terminus :
    Back Gesture - Escape
    Sym - Ctrl
    Orange - Alt
    Up - Shift
    Ctrl+I - Tab
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4212 View Post
    Unfortunately those of us with a Pixi don't have access to Terminus. :-(

I found a list of Special Chars here Terminus :
    Back Gesture - Escape
    Sym - Ctrl
    Orange - Alt
    Up - Shift
    Ctrl+I - Tab
    Thanks for the tip. But "|" is still sorely missing. Unable to pipe commands together on a linux box makes terminus almost useless
    Terminus worked great for me to change the password on my non-priv user. Thanks!
    Yup Terminal crashed my phone with WebOS 1.4. Looking forward to the update.
    grss I hope they update it!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I'd like to see Terminal updated also. I use it to have OpenSSH generate an encryption key for WinSCP. I had to doctor my phone after the 1.4 update (patch problems) and I haven't been able to get that working yet because I don't have terminal access to my phone.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast