Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    If anyone is interested, give my implementation of a SDL based terminal a try:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...lterminal.html

I just finished the first version today :P
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    [*]Cursor movement. Console acts the way a normal webOS app should. The cursor can be moved via ORANGE+moving your finger on the screen. It works pretty well. It goes diagonal more often then I like, so I'm going to be working on a way to filter that out (I have a couple ideas, but I'm *VERY* open to suggestions). It behaves properly when rotated as well. *I* think that because this works as well as it does, ALL current movement cursor control mappings (PGUP, PGDN, HOME, END, etc.) could just go in the bin and free up all those keys. That's not my choice to make, though. I DID NOT remove them, even for "Console".
    I tried it on Nano and it wasn't working for me. The other features seem to be working.
    I'm sorry that I'm not "distributing" simple diffs. I ended up touching a lot of files (especially for the full screen thing), and I... cleaned up the code some... It was kinda hard to follow...
    To comply with the GPL you are supposed to distribute the whole source anyway.
    I'm *NOT* a programmer.
    The evidence suggests otherwise.
  3.    #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by doconnor View Post
    I tried it on Nano and it wasn't working for me. The other features seem to be working.

To comply with the GPL you are supposed to distribute the whole source anyway.

The evidence suggests otherwise.

Well, what takes me entire days of staring at the source and testing and re-testing (and testing again) the changes I make (because I break it more than I "fix" it), would take someone who knows what they are doing maybe a half hour. There's nothing terribly special about the hacks, but that took a couple days - after a week or so of reading it all trying to reverse engineer it all and figure out what it's doing and when. That's why I say that.

Aside, I'm not sure what to say about screen scrolling not working in nano, as it was working for me (prior to 2.1... ). I'd look into it if I could. Which brings me to:

Have you been able to get any further with getting Terminal to work? I haven't the foggiest idea where to start getting gdm to monitor an app in this environment.

M.
  4.    #144  
    I'm just wondering if anyone's actively working on this app or not.

Thanks.

M.
    BTW, if you're interested in a Terminal that works on the Pre2, check this thread out:

You can also try xterm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermithrax View Post
    BTW, if you're interested in a Terminal that works on the Pre2, check this thread out:

Yeah, that one seems to be getting some traction and good developer support.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I'ld like a terminal on my pre3, please.

for now, only Xterm (through Xecutah) works. Both Terminus and SDLTerminal do not. And the way I have to start Xterm is somewhat less desirable to me.

I've tried to esnure that for terminus the /var/palm/data/jailusers file is changed according to the precentral article for webos 2.1, which gave me a working terminus on my pre-

On 2.2:
    - SDLterminal doesn't do a thing. Doesn't even start a window.
    - Terminus with /etc/jail_default.conf as last part of it's line in jailusers: Black screen with what would seem to be a cursor, but no typing or anything works. No indicator of a working shell anywhere.
    - Terminus with /etc/jail_native-palm.conf as last part of it's line in jailusers: same result as for SDLterminal (which also has /etc/jail_native-palm.conf in jailusers).

any clues on what to do? I haven't found anything usefull through lumberjack just yet.
    Just trying to see what Terminus does on a pre 3:

The /var/palm/data/jailusers file had the following entries for Terminus:
    Code:
    4999:5000:us.ryanhope.terminus:/dev/null:/jail_app.conf
    4999:5000:us.ryanhope.terminus:/dev/null:/etc/jail_native-palm.conf
    5199:5000:us.ryanhope.terminus:/var/palm/jail/us.ryanhope.terminus:/etc/jail_default.conf
    6381:5000:us.ryanhope.terminus:/var/palm/jail/us.ryanhope.terminus:/etc/jail_default.conf
    If I try to start it up, /var/log.messages shows:
    Code:
    2011-08-22T04:25:19.054779Z [22326] webos-device user.info jailer[8659]: jailer device type: mantaray
    2011-08-22T04:25:19.055267Z [22326] webos-device user.info jailer[8659]: Overriding APPDIR with command line: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/us.ryanhope.terminus
    2011-08-22T04:25:19.055572Z [22326] webos-device user.info jailer[8659]: No conf file for app type game- using default jail
    2011-08-22T04:25:19.056243Z [22326] webos-device user.info jailer[8659]: jailer device type: mantaray
    2011-08-22T04:25:19.065917Z [22326] webos-device user.info jailer[8659]: us.ryanhope.terminus entering default jail
    2011-08-22T04:25:19.066314Z [22326] webos-device user.info jailer[8659]: Enter jail us.ryanhope.terminus
    2011-08-22T04:25:19.067932Z [22326] webos-device user.debug jailer[8659]: run-time commands
    2011-08-22T04:25:19.068359Z [22326] webos-device user.debug jailer[8659]: RUNTIME CMDS
    2011-08-22T04:25:19.198822Z [22327] webos-device user.debug jailer[8659]: set groups
    no conf for app type Game? that's not even there.
    If I add
    Code:
    6381:5000:us.ryanhope.terminus:/var/palm/jail/us.ryanhope.terminus:/etc/jail_native-palm.conf
    , it shows the exact same log.

Anyone know enough about messing with the jailing of apps to give a hint?
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Same thing here. Anyone a solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by R00tM0nk View Post
    I'ld like a terminal on my pre3, please.

for now, only Xterm (through Xecutah) works. Both Terminus and SDLTerminal do not. And the way I have to start Xterm is somewhat less desirable to me.
    We're working on that. If you're an effective alpha tester You may like to try the alpha version of Xecutah, which removes the XServer step and allows for multiple terminal cards to be opened.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    We're working on that. If you're an effective alpha tester You may like to try the alpha version of Xecutah, which removes the XServer step and allows for multiple terminal cards to be opened.

-- Rod

I have been working with it for a while now, and it works fine! The Xecutah mechanism is gettin greater and greater.

Edit: removed stupid question concerning native gui install in WebOs. Should have found ipkg-opt sooner.
    Last edited by R00tM0nk; 09/25/2011 at 02:24 AM. Reason: removed stupid question concerning native gui install in WebOs. Should have found ipkg-opt sooner.
  13. km7
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    The new version of Xecutah is much better.

Just a suggestion to improve it.
    You'll extend current one Xterm session to a Xterm Session List
    with it's own user defined name and startup shell script, alos keyboard Tweak preference.

ie
    Session# Name Script Keyboard pref
    Xterm #1 RDP /var/home/rdp.sh xs
    Xterm #2 ..
    Xterm #3 ..

when you start the Xterm#1 it automatically run rdp.sh and also use the xs virtual keybaord.

It will be very useful.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678