Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    You may want to use "nano -w" to edit files. That makes it *not* auto-wrap lies. You can edit nanorc and make it do that by defualt. I don't know which one it actually looks at since I have 3 or 4 on my phone (since The Doctor doesn't *really* wipe a phone...).

set "nowrap" to yes.

will that help make nano not mess up long-lined files? Or am I way off base?

M.
    it was worth a try (nowrap, that is), but maybe it's just me, but nano is a mess - doing only partial redraws when I'm editing a scrolling html file. If I page back up from the bottom it will refresh all but one or two lines very confusing...
    I just got a new pre and did a complete refresh. (For some reason, Save/Restore failed me on restoring Preware) and I just got Terminal installed, first thing I did was test out screen+irssi on my shell.
    Much to my dismay, it's having 2nd to the last line redraw issues where everything is redrawing on that line after the page fills up.
    I did not have this problem previously. I tried doing TERM=ansi, and that made everything red.

Anyone else have any tips for screen+irssi on a remote shell in Terminal?
    Is it possible to paste text from the clipboard when using Terminal? I tried Gesture+V but it didn't work....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    is there any way of doing ssh on terminal?
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by stan.forums View Post
    is there any way of doing ssh on terminal?

Install ssh. In Preware, Available Other --> Optware

M.
    I think the ability to copy/paste would be a wonderful addition to Terminal.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I have updated terminal for all printable ascii characters, like [ ] { } \ ^ ~ and ` are available.

Copy keys-scene.html into /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.terminal/app/views/keys/

Rename /usr/lib/BrowserPlugins/termplugin.so to something else, then replace it with this.

Quitting and restart terminal should activate the new features. If it doesn't, restart luna.

This update was developed and compiled on my Palm Pre. I did learn that gcc doesn't seem to work under cryprofs. I guess there is a bug in the file system related to how gcc outputs files.

The only file I update was keyman.cpp.

Next I will work on pasting. I don't plan to add support for copying, because that would be much more difficult to implement, and with the small font size not very practical.
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by doconnor View Post
    I have updated terminal for all printable ascii characters, like [ ] { } \ ^ ~ and ` are available.

Copy keys-scene.html into /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.terminal/app/views/keys/
    The tilde isn't in key-scene.html. How does one get that?

Also, something I was wondering with all the New News yesterday, you don't happen to have the SDK of webOS 2.0 to see if Terminal can work with that do you?

M.

Rename /usr/lib/BrowserPlugins/termplugin.so to something else, then replace it with this.

Quitting and restart terminal should activate the new features. If it doesn't, restart luna.

This update was developed and compiled on my Palm Pre. I did learn that gcc doesn't seem to work under cryprofs. I guess there is a bug in the file system related to how gcc outputs files.

The only file I update was keyman.cpp.

Next I will work on pasting. I don't plan to add support for copying, because that would be much more difficult to implement, and with the small font size not very practical.
    Thanks for your contribution:

git.webos-internals.org Git - applications/terminal.git/commit

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I have now go Paste working using Gesture + P.

The same three files has been updated and are available from the links above. I guess Preware will be updated quickly, like it was last time.
    I have now go Paste working using Gesture + P.

The same three files has been updated and are available from the links above. I guess Preware will be updated quickly, like it was last time.
    Should we use Gesture + V instead, so it is the same key binding as Paste in all other Mojo apps?

(It will require shuffling some of the other bindings around of course)

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 10/23/2010 at 01:09 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Should we use Gesture + V instead, so it is the same key binding as Paste in all other Mojo apps?

-- Rod
    I would agree

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I have updated the files on the links to move PgDn to Gesture + B and Paste to Gesture + V.

I guess I was nestelgic for the fustration of PalmOS when P was used for paste.
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

(It will require shuffling some of the other bindings around of course)

-- Rod

Yes, but Gesture+V is currently Page Down with Gest+T being Page Up just like on a numerical keypad - and they are right in a row on our phones. Why change this logical layout?

M.
    I know this might be a long shot but is there any way to press the F8 key in the terminal? I'm using it to ssh into Xenserver and pressing F8 is required to reboot a virtual server. Thanks!
    Thanks for those keys! Could you also add a key for the equal sign (=)? That would be very great!
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by effjot View Post
    Thanks for those keys! Could you also add a key for the equal sign (=)? That would be very great!

= is ORANGE+p

unless I'm missing something.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    = is ORANGE+p

unless I'm missing something.

M.
    I have a QWERTZ keyboard; your combination ORANGE (it's grey here *g*) + p produces a minus sign.

However, you got me on the right track: with ORANGE+Shift+p, I get the equal sign.

I also found the dollar sign: it's ORANGE+Shift+h (i.e. Shift-€, which is nice to remember).
    Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by effjot; 01/08/2011 at 07:20 AM.
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by effjot View Post
    I have a QWERTZ keyboard; your combination ORANGE (it's grey here *g*) + p produces a minus sign.

However, you got me on the right track: with ORANGE+Shift+p, I get the equal sign.

I also found the dollar sign: it's ORANGE+Shift+h (i.e. Shift-, which is nice to remember).
    Thanks a lot!

AH! That's a little my fault, I guess. I hadn't thought to ask if you had a QWERTY keyboard or not. Us silly Americans; always assuming we're the center of the universe...

M.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast