1.    #1  
    I've been playing around with running my pre at 550mhz and 600mhz, and typically I haven't been using the patches. Running 1.3.5.1

I just go to the commandline and echo 550000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_setspeed

Just sets the cpu to 550000, and no smart reflex or ondemand scaling. Works great for me.

But I noticed that after I ran Quake, it would be back down to 500mhz. So after a bit of poking around, I noticed that by monitoring the cpu (cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_cur_freq), it jumps to 600 on its own while running quake, and then if you press the button to shrink it down to a card, it goes to 500, maximize it and it is back to 600. Does the same with Lets Golf.

A question to anyone who might know...somewhere I think the sdl library is reseting scaling_setspeed to 500000, any idea where is this string located?
    hmmm interesting find... too bad, im not the programing type... maybe someone with knowlege could check it out? :-)
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I played with it a bit, and the SDL games are setting it to 600000, but mine isn't going back down to 500000 automatically when I minimize or quit the app.