1.    #1  
    Hi,

In anticipation of 1.3.5, I'd run the emergency patch removal patch in Preware, but I left Preware in place.

I then heard about and waited until 1.3.5.1 came out and I updated to that.

1.3.5 moved the Palm apps from that small, limited partition to the bigger, genearl partition, as I understand it. So I'm guessing that the update moved the official apps for me.

I'd guess tho, that the homebrew apps, Preware among them, were not moved by the update, and so seem like they should be moved...

Preware seems to work just fine, though. As does the app catalog. I've downloaded and installed a few apps since the 1.3.5.1 update.

My question about the "Emergency Migration Helper" patch is, basically, what does it do and do I need to run it?

Backing up a bit...should I uninstall Preware and the Package Manager service, then reinstall them, all via WebOS Quick Install? Will that put them in the new place where apps should go?

And then...the "Emergency Migration Helper": it sounds like it moves all your homebrew apps from the previous app partition to the new location for apps. is that true? Should I run it to move all my homebrew apps to the new official app location? Also, if I run it from within my current Preware (meaning without having uninstalled and then reinstalled it), will it also move Preware for me? that'd be kinda cool...and the least hassle...just run EMH...

The other question is, if everything is working, should I leave well enough alone and just not mess with it?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Shadowhawk; 01/13/2010 at 04:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    Hi,

In anticipation of 1.3.5, I'd run the emergency patch removal patch in Preware, but I left Preware in place.

I then heard about and waited until 1.3.5.1 came out and I updated to that.

1.3.5 moved the Palm apps from that small, limited partition to the bigger, genearl partition, as I understand it. So I'm guessing that the update moved the official apps for me.

I'd guess tho, that the homebrew apps, Preware among them, were not moved by the update, and so seem like they should be moved...

Preware seems to work just fine, though. As does the app catalog. I've downloaded and installed a few apps since the 1.3.5.1 update.

My question about the "Emergency Migration Helper" patch is, basically, what does it do and do I need to run it?

Backing up a bit...should I uninstall Preware and the Package Manager service, then reinstall them, all via WebOS Quick Install? Will that put them in the new place where apps should go?

And then...the "Emergency Migration Helper": it sounds like it moves all your homebrew apps from the previous app partition to the new location for apps. is that true? Should I run it to move all my homebrew apps to the new official app location? Also, if I run it from within my current Preware (meaning without having uninstalled and then reinstalled it), will it also move Preware for me? that'd be kinda cool...and the least hassle...just run EMH...

The other question is, if everything is working, should I leave well enough alone and just not mess with it?

Thanks!
    If in doubt, run EMH. It will do no harm if there is nothing for it to do.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    is there any way to know that EMH is done? is there a USB hidden folder that will be empty? or gone? using ORng+sym+I from launcher - will it drop down one number when it's done?

Thanks!