View Poll Results: Are you able to install/remove themes with Preware and WebOS 1.3.5+?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 30.77%
  • No

9 69.23%
  1.    #1  
    Are you able to install and remove a theme w/ Preware? If so which one?

- I'm a creator of a few themes and none of my themes install via Preware... I've chatted with a few webos-internal team members and have not worked out a solution.
    - All my paths are correct and all themes worked prior to 1.3.5 (none of the themes currently install a patch either).

This is what occurs when trying to install my themes via Preware (Simple Black, Simple Black version II, Mizzou Theme):
    - Theme apparently installs cleanly, but after a restart none of the images are changed... although backups are created and no errors are giving.

After some work (following this post)... WOSQI installs and removes my themes cleanly without any errors. So I'm really lost as to why preware cannot handle them.

Any suggestions/comments/replies are greatly appreciated.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Are you able to install and remove a theme w/ Preware? If so which one?

- I'm a creator of a few themes and none of my themes install via Preware... I've chatted with a few webos-internal team members and have not worked out a solution.
    - All my paths are correct and all themes worked prior to 1.3.5 (none of the themes currently install a patch either).

This is what occurs when trying to install my themes via Preware (Simple Black, Simple Black version II, Mizzou Theme):
    - Theme apparently installs cleanly, but after a restart none of the images are changed... although backups are created and no errors are giving.

After some work (following this post)... WOSQI installs and removes my themes cleanly without any errors. So I'm really lost as to why preware cannot handle them.

Any suggestions/comments/replies are greatly appreciated.
    I think the autobuilder is creating postinst that looks in /var when it should look in /media/cryptofs/apps for WebOS 1.3.5. We'll get it fixed.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  3.    #3  
    emoney: any progress on this?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
  4.    #4  
    For those who were able to install a theme via preware post the 1.3.5.1 update... could you tell me the title of said theme?

- As there still seems to be an issue with preware and my themes.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    Asia
    Kanji
    Rubber Duckie
    Crazy Gus Green Irish Theme
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  6.    #6  
    Well I guess the issue has something to do with PreCentral's theme feed. I downloaded my theme.zip from PreCentral's feed, uploaded it to PreThemer's feed and it works flawlessly... yet doesn't work via PreCentral's feed.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    emoney: any progress on this?
    Looking at it now.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals