Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    SuperTux is a classic 2D jump'n run sidescroller game that plays like the original mario bros. WebOS Internals has ported it to WebOS, and it is now available in Preware.

NOTE
    The game has not been optimized (yet) for WebOS and takes a long time to initially load up. It is expected to see a black screen for close to 10 seconds while the game loads. It plays pretty smoothly after that and the delay is only on the initial launch.

Application:SuperTux - WebOS Internals

SuperTux - About

Last edited by egaudet; 01/06/2010 at 12:40 AM.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    you guys are amazing!!!! Is RUBY having you guys speak at CES???
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I like this. lol. Downloading now.
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    I just spent the last hour playing this while waiting for my clothes at the laundromat. Awesome.

My only complaint is that I really suck at it. lol.

Anyway, ever since SDL arrived on the pre, there sure has been a lot of interesting stuff.

I can't wait for tuxracer to come out. I love that game on the desktop, and there was ever a game that would play well with accelerometer controls, that was it.
    just played as well!!!! Tremendous
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Awesome. Now do frozen bubble.

What about Planet Penguin Racer? I think that will be the touchest one.
    omg I love this game.. I love how when I tilt the phone up Tux stand up and when I tilt it down he roll up in the ball... This got to be the easiest game to play so fair..but once again with the mute toggle on the phone still play sound which sucks because I can't play at work or in class
    this is great work

I agree Penguin racer would be a great target since its open source and do decent 3D.

thats if you guys want to fix on game for a while, otherwise, maybe trying to port some native linux apps that are not games?
    I am loving this game, I had to push buttons to see what made it work. Maybe a help screen would be useful for the people like me that have never heard of the game but want to experiment with it. It reminds a little of Super Mario Brothers.

Edit: Nevermind I see the options has that I should have read your first post.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    omg I love this game.. I love how when I tilt the phone up Tux stand up and when I tilt it down he roll up in the ball... This got to be the easiest game to play so fair..but once again with the mute toggle on the phone still play sound which sucks because I can't play at work or in class
    I learned something this morning if you go into options you can turn the music and sound off for you to pay attention in class and at work.
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Great fun. Thanks!

One technical question:

All these great games coming out have the landscape screen with the keyboard on the right. Is there a technical reason for this? Is there some reason why it could not be 180 degrees with the keyboard on the left?

Anyway, great job.
    Will this work it on the Pixi?
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I learned something this morning if you go into options you can turn the music and sound off for you to pay attention in class and at work.
    Yeah I saw that also...the options stay saved when the app is closed and reopen
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    I can't get this to install for some reason.

First, I have Preware installed...several Homebrew apps installed...several patches installed...I'm familiar with WebOS QuickInstall...and have used the doctor more than once...I'm not a newbie on this.

I find it in the Preware list...click Install...I get the spinner...for a long time...then I get the "This application needs to run a script..."...I click "OK"....more spinning...."Application Installed"...and click "OK".

But it's not there.

I hit the "Launch" button from Preware...nothing happens.

I close Preware and check all 4 launcher pages, no SuperTux to be found.

Rebooting didn't help.

I go back into Preware...and there's SuperTux..."Would you like to install it now?"

I've done this twice now. No joy.

Any thoughts?

I'm running a little low on memory on the device (but don't have any way at work to delete mp3's from the device) but, if there wasn't sufficient space on the device for install, I assume I'd get some error during installation telling me "Sorry, can't install - delete some crap and try again".

EDIT: OK, well, it looks like it WAS a memory issue. I deleted a couple of videos (thanks to the swipe-to-delete-videos patch) and tried it again...worked the 3rd time.

I wonder if this is a glitch in Preware.

I'm fine with not having enough memory to install the app...I'm not fine with it telling me it installed the application ok when it clearly didn't.
    Last edited by Habious; 01/06/2010 at 08:30 AM.
    wow you webos internals guys are awesome.. game runs greats.. controls are suuuper easy to use.. love it
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cdjh View Post
    Great fun. Thanks!

One technical question:

All these great games coming out have the landscape screen with the keyboard on the right. Is there a technical reason for this? Is there some reason why it could not be 180 degrees with the keyboard on the left?

Anyway, great job.
    Cuz most of us are right-handed

I'm sure there's a patch that will be made once these releases become more stable. There's an option to remap the keys in the menu so that shouldn't be too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    I can't get this to install for some reason.

First, I have Preware installed...several Homebrew apps installed...several patches installed...I'm familiar with WebOS QuickInstall...and have used the doctor more than once...I'm not a newbie on this.

I find it in the Preware list...click Install...I get the spinner...for a long time...then I get the "This application needs to run a script..."...I click "OK"....more spinning...."Application Installed"...and click "OK".

But it's not there.

I hit the "Launch" button from Preware...nothing happens.

I close Preware and check all 4 launcher pages, no SuperTux to be found.

Rebooting didn't help.

I go back into Preware...and there's SuperTux..."Would you like to install it now?"

I've done this twice now. No joy.

Any thoughts?

I'm running a little low on memory on the device (but don't have any way at work to delete mp3's from the device) but, if there wasn't sufficient space on the device for install, I assume I'd get some error during installation telling me "Sorry, can't install - delete some crap and try again".
    Make sure that you install the Upstart Manager Service. You should have that installed before installing SuperTux.

Also, not sure if it's just my device, but running back and forth with the accelerometer is quite sensitive :-\ I have to slightly tilt it sometimes to get the penguin to move just one space over lol
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by cdjh View Post
    One technical question:

I assume it's because the "natural" landscape mode of the Pre is in that orientation. If you look at any app that doesn't have auto-orientation like anything that plays videos (video app, youtube app, streaming videos in the browser) they play in that same landscape orientation only.
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismode View Post
    Cuz most of us are right-handed
    lol, I'm right handed. But mario moves with the dpad on the left of the nes controller. blame nintendo for my habits I guess. Even fps games are move strafe on the left. Just hard to get used to. Been moving game characters with the left thumb for over 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathsArrow View Post
    I assume it's because the "natural" landscape mode of the Pre is in that orientation. If you look at any app that doesn't have auto-orientation like anything that plays videos (video app, youtube app, streaming videos in the browser) they play in that same landscape orientation only.
    this is about what I figure. But there has to be a way around it. Some way to invert the video.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    i can not get the game to install. i keep getting the following errors in the ipkg log from preware:

Code:
    Install
     Begin installation of org.webosinternals.supertux
     Installing org.webosinternals.supertux (1.0.2) to root...
     Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/armv7/org.webosinternals.supertux_1.0.2_armv7.ipk
     Nothing to be done
     Package org.webosinternals.supertux md5sum mismatch. Either the ipkg or the package index are corrupt. Try 'ipkg update'.
     Collected errors:

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during 'install' operation
    any suggestions? thanks!
    Awesome! Downloading now.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast