Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I been playing this on and off all morning and found a bug where sometimes the other characters is not moving at all.

Also trying to get Tux to just move one space is pretty hard. I always fall off the cliff so maybe having the keyboard move him would be helpful.

Can there be a 'Run' or turbo key.

Oh and when firing from a coin block aiming at the furr balls the fire ball doesn't seem to hit them at all it bounce from mid air.

but still haven't had any major problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by supercat1 View Post
    i can not get the game to install. i keep getting the following errors in the ipkg log from preware:

Code:
    Install
     Begin installation of org.webosinternals.supertux
     Installing org.webosinternals.supertux (1.0.2) to root...
     Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/armv7/org.webosinternals.supertux_1.0.2_armv7.ipk
     Nothing to be done
     Package org.webosinternals.supertux md5sum mismatch. Either the ipkg or the package index are corrupt. Try 'ipkg update'.
     Collected errors:

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during 'install' operation
    any suggestions? thanks!
    an md5sum mismatch means that you are getting corrupt packets through your internet connection. If you're using wifi, try turning it off and downloading via 3g, if you're using 3g, try finding a wifi hotspot or get better signal.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    sweet download. Something new to do during my break at work
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
    an md5sum mismatch means that you are getting corrupt packets through your internet connection. If you're using wifi, try turning it off and downloading via 3g, if you're using 3g, try finding a wifi hotspot or get better signal.
    Also make sure to update feeds.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Fun game... makes me anxious for the day I will be able to play Super Mario Bros. 3 on my Pre... *crosses fingers*
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    that did it. not sure if it was the updating of the feeds (which i swear i did a bunch last night) or turning off wifi, but it worked now. thanks!
    Thanks for the great game, runs great on my Pre. I have a buddy that has a Pre, and even after updating the feeds in Preware, Super Tux is nowhere to be found, even in the List Everything area. Any tips?
    I cannot get this or Classic invaders to run. I have upstart installed, and both installed fine, but when I try to launch either SuperTux or Classic Invaders, I qet a quick message at the bottom that it is starting but nothing happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by deerewright View Post
    I cannot get this or Classic invaders to run. I have upstart installed, and both installed fine, but when I try to launch either SuperTux or Classic Invaders, I qet a quick message at the bottom that it is starting but nothing happens.
    this happened to me once. I think i just reinstalled the game and it worked. if not then i reinstalled the upstart service.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    good job and great game
    my only complaint is that everything is waay to touchy and the menu just keeps scrolling and it doesnt stop so I have to press enter whenever it decides to highlight play game
    and for some reason anytime I get a snowball my penguin just sits there all rolled up and the only way I can move is if I jump
    and I tried to set controls on the keyboard to use that instead and its the same thing with the menu it just keeps scrolling by itself
    Once you are in Hell, Only the Devil can help you

Click To See My Themes

If you have any theme requests email me at Pardoe@live.com
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pardoe View Post
    good job and great game
    my only complaint is that everything is waay to touchy and the menu just keeps scrolling and it doesnt stop so I have to press enter whenever it decides to highlight play game
    and for some reason anytime I get a snowball my penguin just sits there all rolled up and the only way I can move is if I jump
    and I tried to set controls on the keyboard to use that instead and its the same thing with the menu it just keeps scrolling by itself
    The menu is controlled by the accelerometer tilt, tilt upwards and it goes up, downwards it goes down. Keep steady in the middle (a little tilted to you because that's the tendency I think for playing) to make it neutral.

You duck when you the Pre is titled up, as that mimics a joystick going down.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    this is freakin awesome! These aren't even scratching the surface and STILL sh*ts on my old winmo phones!

Can't wait to see it polished up!

Thanks for all the hard work!
    why i couldn't find it within preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by BronTron View Post
    this happened to me once. I think i just reinstalled the game and it worked. if not then i reinstalled the upstart service.
    I have reinstalled both upstart and super tux twice. The last time with reboots between each install, still no luck.

Edit: I just got to thinking about it. I think I uninstalled with ORANGE+tap..Delete, rather than Preware. I'll try preware and see what happens.

No luck: I uninstalled all three, rebooted, installed upstart, rebooted, installed classic invaders, rebooted. Started Classic Invaders, get the message that it is starting, but nothing happens.

Is there some logs, or anything I can post to help sort this out?
    Last edited by deerewright; 01/07/2010 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Update
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I have the same porblem. I am uninstalling and reinstalling both the service and the game, and rebooting between them, still no luck. I just updated to 3.5.1, so I had to remove all the patches before updating, so I could not have been the patches that are intefering...
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    SuperTux is a classic 2D jump'n run sidescroller game that plays like the original mario bros. WebOS Internals has ported it to WebOS, and it is now available in Preware.

NOTE
    The game has not been optimized (yet) for WebOS and takes a long time to initially load up. It is expected to see a black screen for close to 10 seconds while the game loads. It plays pretty smoothly after that and the delay is only on the initial launch.

Application:SuperTux - WebOS Internals

SuperTux - About

I swear Super Tux is a poor mans Super Mario brothers..Well done WebOsInternals
    hey guys i was just wondering about the keyboard controls because the dont seem to work for me only tilting the phone, anyone have any advice
    Great job!!!!! The controls are usable (although the gesture-to-jump is iffy, so I had to resort to using the spacebar). The graphics are fast and accurate and with no artifacts. The sound effects are right on queue and even honor the phone's "music" volume control. Only problems I found so far are:

*In options, it shows "Music" as checked, but there is no music, only sound effects. It would be great to have both sound and music options work. Maybe music was omitted for performance or space considerations?
    *I can't find a way to "escape" out of the game, so if I tire of it, I have to throw the card away.

Oh, I second the vote for Frozen Bubble to be ported It is written in Perl, though... has Perl and Perl SDL even been ported to WebOS yet? And I imagine they would be HUGE...
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Great job!
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Is anyone else having troubles with launching this and webos 1.4? It worked fine for me with 1.3.5.1 on Bell, but after the update, it shows a card with the icon, and than an additional black card, which then disappears.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast