1.    #1  
    I know that the patches need to be removed before updating.... But a couple of questions to go along with this..
    1) Do the Linux Applications (like Diffstat - Extract PDF Viewer - GNU Patch etc.) need to be uninstalled as well? Obviously they are not needed if the patch has been deleted... just wasn't sure if I should manually remove or not.
    2) If I've added pages with the Add/Delete patch... do the apps etc.. on the pages added (page 4, 5 etc..) need to be moved to pages 1-3 before removing? I guess I've been cautious and having 5 pages - I've moved everything on page 4 and 5 to pages 1 thru 3 and then deleted 4 & 5. Then removed the patch via PreWare. I sure enjoy the extra pages... but hate wasting time moving everything back and forth if it's not needed.

As always, your input is appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHolder View Post
    I know that the patches need to be removed before updating.... But a couple of questions to go along with this..
    1) Do the Linux Applications (like Diffstat - Extract PDF Viewer - GNU Patch etc.) need to be uninstalled as well? Obviously they are not needed if the patch has been deleted... just wasn't sure if I should manually remove or not.
    2) If I've added pages with the Add/Delete patch... do the apps etc.. on the pages added (page 4, 5 etc..) need to be moved to pages 1-3 before removing? I guess I've been cautious and having 5 pages - I've moved everything on page 4 and 5 to pages 1 thru 3 and then deleted 4 & 5. Then removed the patch via PreWare. I sure enjoy the extra pages... but hate wasting time moving everything back and forth if it's not needed.

As always, your input is appreciated.
    I've had extra launcher pages since about 1.2.1, and even though I'd removed the add/delete pages patch, for that next update, I took a risk and left the pages intact. Through every update since, and even through webOS Doctoring, and most recently getting a replacement Pre, the added launcher pages have remained. What this means is that even the built-in Palm backup backs up the additional launcher pages and what goes on them.

Cheers!
    :-)
    Now, just like all the other threads and post state, you should never take any chances with leaving the patches installed thru an update due to not knowing what it could mess up. Something small left could lead to phone not working properly. Always remove all patches before updating your phone to a new ota update. Better safe than sorry!!