Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    So, Doom running on the Pre is AWESOME as all get out... but I was wondering what one has to do to actually get the original .WAD files moved over onto the phone and up and running.

Is there anyone that can help me, and I'm sure the rest of the Doom lovers out there, out?

Thanks!

~X~
    I got it working fine, full version.
    Copied the ultimate doom wad file over the one in the directory through webosquickinstaller and worked no problems.
    Hey mattaspira can you post the steps you took? I used quick install to move the doom.wad file here: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.sdldoom/bin

then tried deleting the doom1.wad file but nothing has worked for me so far. and i dont have a rooted pre, and not so comfortable doing so as i know very little linux command stuff
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Yeah, if its possible the steps and directories would be amazing help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Indecom View Post
    Hey mattaspira can you post the steps you took? I used quick install to move the doom.wad file here: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.sdldoom/bin

then tried deleting the doom1.wad file but nothing has worked for me so far. and i dont have a rooted pre, and not so comfortable doing so as i know very little linux command stuff
    This is correct however the application looks for a file named "doom1.wad" so move into the same folder /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.sdldoom/bin the doom1.wad.

I took the wad from an ultimate doom package I found on rapidshare. I don't remember the exact steps but to be safe I moved the doom1.wad file in both original folder and the bin folder. Be sure that the file is actually doom1.wad and not doom.wad because I made that mistake originally. It was really as easy as copying over the wad file. So far it had worked fine.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Awesome! I got it working with both Doom and Quake... both are now full version! This is beyond sweet!!!

~X~
    how did you move the files into the palm pre? I have the ultimate doom wad file.
    You can move them in by typing the file location manually into webos quick install send file option, it will overwrite the old file if the name is the same.
    or if you have the terminal app just put the wad on the root directory of your pre and have terminal copy it to where it needs to be, that's what I did and it worked
    Quote Originally Posted by Indecom View Post
    or if you have the terminal app just put the wad on the root directory of your pre and have terminal copy it to where it needs to be, that's what I did and it worked
    DO NOT LEAVE FILES IN THE ROOT OF YOUR PRE!!!

I know I know, you said copy, but you probably ment move. if you did not mean move, delete the file in the root. Files in the root of the phone = bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattaspira View Post
    You can move them in by typing the file location manually into webos quick install send file option, it will overwrite the old file if the name is the same.
    so in the send file option in the section destination folder just type this "/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.sdldoom/bin" ? and just rename my original doom.wad to "doom1.wad"?
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    New favorite use for quick install

Thanks for the info, I'll be doing this when I get home.
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangjonGT View Post
    so in the send file option in the section destination folder just type this "/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.sdldoom/bin" ? and just rename my original doom.wad to "doom1.wad"?
    That's what I did and it worked. I grabbed the doom.wad from my Steam folder and renamed it doom1.wad and sent it to that folder. The game does freeze if you don't hit enter to get to the menu screen, but it works perfectly when in game.

I did the same with Quake by sending pak0.pak and pak1.pak to "/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.sdlquake/bin/id1"
    Quote Originally Posted by deduce View Post
    That's what I did and it worked. I grabbed the doom.wad from my Steam folder and renamed it doom1.wad and sent it to that folder. The game does freeze if you don't hit enter to get to the menu screen, but it works perfectly when in game.

I just got done doing the same thing (copied from my Steam copy of Ultimate Doom) and i also recieve the crash if i don't enter the game quick enough. however if I try to play the other campaigns (inferno or whatever) then i'm still recieving the shareware message. I was thinking of trying one of my other versions of doom to see if it works better.

would someone mind seeing if they're able to play the later campaigns after doing this with ultimate doom?
    what version of retail doom do you have, I've done this and I have to quickly jump into a game or it crashes because of a different version of the wad file.

i have ultimate doom version 1.9

edit
    Quote Originally Posted by Kogareru View Post
    I just got done doing the same thing (copied from my Steam copy of Ultimate Doom) and i also recieve the crash if i don't enter the game quick enough. however if I try to play the other campaigns (inferno or whatever) then i'm still recieving the shareware message. I was thinking of trying one of my other versions of doom to see if it works better.

would someone mind seeing if they're able to play the later campaigns after doing this with ultimate doom?
    it appears you had a similar problem as i did with the crashing thing.

as for your issue with shareware, you may not have deleted the orginal .wad file that was downloaded with the app. also be sure to rename the file as the shareware one was named (case sensitive too)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kogareru View Post

Looks like I spoke too soon. I was just happy enough to see the Ultimate Doom logo that I didn't really experiment. I get the same shareware message.
    same crashing and shareware message here too.
    Hey guys, if that doesnt work for you you can try using the terminal app to move the doom.wad file from your root directory to the bin directory of the doom app at: media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.sdldoom/bin/ then delete doom1.wad from that same folder.

Of course this will cause the game to crash at the main menu if you do not start up the game quick enough
    Hi all,
    after reading through here, i also thought the file NEEDS to be called doom1.wad, so as others around here I got the crash and shareware message. After using terminal and the command "mv doom1.wad doom.wad" in the bin folder of the game, I finally was able to start the game as full version! The crashing remains, but just rush through with the ENTER key to start a new game. After that you can use the back gesture to access the main menu and take all the time you want to start a new game on one of the full version episodes.

Summary:
    - usw webos quickinstall to send the file doom1.wad to media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.sdldoom/bin/
    - start terminal and go into above mentioned directory
    - enter mv doom1.wad doom.wad
    - start the game and quickly press the enter key until you´re in a new game
    - use back gesture to access main menu - done

By moving the doom1.wad with quickinstall you automatically overwrite the original doom1.wad on the pre. Using the mv command in terminal renames the file on the pre and you´re done.

So for anyone who like me thought just sending the doom1.wad to the phone via webos quickinstall would work, now you know the way to do it. Happy gaming!
    So far i've gotten Doom, Doom II working 100% I have Ultimate, Plutonia and the TNT wads, just haven 't gotten around to it yet. The emulator this uses only supports offical wads
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast