Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMarine03 View Post
    excuse my stupidity but where is the "select" or "enter" button? I'm stuck at the main menu lol
    Sorry i didnt map that in the wiki... thought it was a given lol.. its the enter key.. purple keys are your dpad to navigate menu as explained on the wiki
    MatterOfFactJack
    ok so after playin a few minutes I got used to the joystick .. Nice update.. What's next?! You guys rock!!! I'm glad I came back to the pre..lol
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    Sorry i didnt map that in the wiki... thought it was a given lol.. its the enter key.. purple keys are your dpad to navigate menu as explained on the wiki
    thanks! Oh and the newest quake is now working for me. I don't know what you guys did to fix it but it's awesome!
    Hot damn, I just got the update. I'm loving it, the entire system is genius, congratulations guys! The icon's really cute too =P
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    ok so after playin a few minutes I got used to the joystick .. Nice update.. What's next?! You guys rock!!! I'm glad I came back to the pre..lol
    okay okay... i just have to do it.. dont get mad now...

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!
    MatterOfFactJack
    love the fps boost in the new update! So when can we expect music to work? Or is the e none in the demos?
    I only have one complaint, and it's truly a nitpick: The icon could be sharper. I suggest using the high-res one on the wiki page.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indecom View Post
    love the fps boost in the new update! So when can we expect music to work? Or is the e none in the demos?
    Music is on the CD an my pre doesnt have a CD drive.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    i have an idea for the control configuration.. this layout could be accessed by pressing the @ key again after pressing it once for the alternate config that already exists. to me this feels a lot sturdier..

k- forward
    h- back
    n- right
    u- left

m- strafe right
    i- strafe left

l- turbo forward
    ,- turbo strafe right
    o- turbo strafe left

top of touchscreen- jump
    left of tchscrn (currently joystick)- fire

gesture weapon change- as is
    1-8 weapon change as is.

maybe even implement a "strafing joystick" (joystick that only allows strafe left and right) to the lower mid section of the screen

just a suggestion..
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    okay okay... i just have to do it.. dont get mad now...

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!
    Well I still suck. I'm all over the place, what am I doing wrong?
    So is this just a demo or the full game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Well I still suck. I'm all over the place, what am I doing wrong?
    just move the joystick slightly to go slow and more to go fast as well as for turning.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    this is the full game... Nice game.. With this game oit and native apps is just a matter of time before we start seeing gameboy emulators and snes emulators on preware is just a matter of packing it and a bit extra..

can't wait this device keeps getting better every day!!!!

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    woah. So I uninstalled quake and upstart, rebooted the phone, and reinstalled both. The game worked! It still says 1.0.9 when I orange + tap the icon, but it says the right version in preware.

Thanks so much for all the hard work put into it.
    I would say somethin messed up with the os update.. Try to do a WebOs doctor and reload everything.. I did and it worked fine from then

Oklahoma Sooner theme

Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    this is the full game... Nice game.. With this game oit and native apps is just a matter of time before we start seeing gameboy emulators and snes emulators on preware is just a matter of packing it and a bit extra..

can't wait this device keeps getting better every day!!!!
    I am pretty sure its a demo (shareware) but if you know how you can get into the internals and change the .pak file to the full version one.. i did did because i have the full version at home but it would be illegal for it to be distributed i believe.

two files are needed for full versoin inside

Code:
    Directory
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.sdlquake/bin/id1

Needed files:
    pak0.pak (current pak0.pak is shareware)
    pak1.pak
    MatterOfFactJack
    For you guys having trouble with the joystick, lower the mouse speed in the options menu, it helped me a lot lowering it a notch or two...
    so the music for doom is the same way then? Cuz there is none for that either which kinda dims the experience a bit, such classic tunes not being played. Other than that I'm pretty pumped about where this, and the pre in general is heading.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    why the move away from a more wasd like layout? the buttons on the pre are perfect for that. how about:

e - strafe left
    d - backwards
    x - strafe right
    f - forwards

joystick for mouse aim
    jump area on screen for jump
    tap center of screen to fire (on ds this works for metroid as it is more important to strafe to avoid fire and center targets)

but is the joystick idea necessary? is it not possible to implement a differential method of determining look based on an arbitrary placement of the finger on the screen? as in, once the finger is placed that is the reference point and then the difference between that and and the next position detected is the amount to move the view (like ... a mouse).

overall, i'm excited to see this kind of app on the pre, but so far the control implementation just doesn't work for me. but quake never was my game anyways.
    Is there any possibility of TCP/IP multiplayer working for this game? If so, you may have the most useful app for the Pre on your hands. :P
    I'm playing singleplayer right now and loving it!
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast