Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 342
Like Tree3Likes
  1. #81  
    not sure if anyone mentioned this or not, but for those still seeing the demo, try doing the back gesture to bring up the menu selection. When the game launches, the demo plays until you start the game.
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by lasercomp View Post
    Both my doom and quake wasnt working and then I installed the upstart and quake from webosqi and quake started working. I then installed Doom from preware and it also started working. I would suggest uninstalling both quake and doom and then go to to webosqi and install the upstart and quake. It should work fine. mine did.. Good luck
    I was having the same issue too. I have the donor version of Mytether. I turned the wifi patch off, so doom worked. Quake doesn't work. I uninstalled quake and then via webosQI I installed started service and quake, but quake still doesn't work... Will it make a difference if I uninstall doom too? I don't want to lose it!
  3. #83  
    i just uninstalled all three, and reinstalled all three via WOSQI and i still come up with the same problem. I really hope this gets fixed quick, cuz i'm getting anxious, lol. need to get my fps fix.

    How sweet could that be if they can eventually set it up so we can compete against each other online!
  4. #84  
    Doom works for me. Quake does not. I have mytether but the wifi patch is off. No CPU patches.
  5. #85  
    Not that it matters but the with the mute toggle on .. it still play sound..
    --Marvin
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Not that it matters but the with the mute toggle on .. it still play sound..

    that's a palm bug. The sdl sound services don't check the mute togggle.
  7. TomD's Avatar
    Posts
    908 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    #87  
    I am working on solutions to my Quake not updating problem.

    I used WOSQI to find the directory that Quake was installed in:

    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.sdlquake

    Then I deleted that directory with WOSQI. Its safer to "find -name *quake*" and then copy and paste the directory name into WOSQI->Tools->Delete File/Directory

    I find some other files with "quake" in them. I'm wondering what these are:
    /var/log/reports/minicores/RDXD99_quake.5518.minicore.gz
    /var/log/reports/minicores/RDXDErr2_quake.1849.minicore.gz
    /var/log/reports/minicores/RDXD89_quake.2067.minicore.gz

    Can anyone identify these?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  8. TomD's Avatar
    Posts
    908 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    #88  
    I found 2 copies of Package Manager Service when I looked in WOSQI.

    I deleted both.

    Then reinstalled with WOSQI.

    Still no joy. I still get 1.0.9 version of Quake.

    Giving up for now. I'll just run the demo.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  9. bonfilio's Avatar
    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #89  
    Haven't read the entire thread yet, so if this is covered bear with me...

    The original Quake engine was software based, not hardware accelerated opengl. Also, once it was open sourced, it was ported to SDL. So we are still seeing software based 3d. (which is pretty impressive.. it was keeping about 1/2 the fps of an old school - then modern - pentium 133 playing the game.. crazy!)

    I don't think we're seeing GPU driven stuff, but the SDL stuff. While it's cool and a sign that WebOS is maturing, it's also a sign that Palm is taking it in a very good direction. The cool stuff is still coming.

    OT.. I've been very close the last few days (since my touch screen died) to just give it up on the Pre (too many posts here point out all the flaws, build issues, etc and I just want a working phone). Seeing this though got me excited enough to get a replacement Pre rather than buying another Sprint phone.
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    I found 2 copies of Package Manager Service when I looked in WOSQI.

    I deleted both.

    Then reinstalled with WOSQI.

    Still no joy. I still get 1.0.9 version of Quake.

    Giving up for now. I'll just run the demo.
    Maybe I am missing something but I think you may have the playable version. Mine also says 1.0.9 but it is playable. Just need to to a backwards gesture to get to the menu as stated above. Prior to entering a level it says that this is a shareware version but the game is fully playable. Perhaps the version number is just mislabeled on the install?
  11. #91  
    I'm really enjoying playing this game, but I don't know if you'd apperciate some ideas on the key bindings
    (I'm from Spain, so sorry if you find my english a little weird)

    Having your finger in the middle of the screen when you drag right-left to look around, is quite annoying, and I usually find myself shooting when I try lo low down my finger, so I can be able to see a little bit more

    So I think it would be more playable, if you let the bottom area on the screen to be the look left-right drag-control, instead of shooting, and change the keys on the keyboard to this:

    Shooting
    J

    Movement
    K- Forward(Up)
    H- Backword (Down)
    U- Strafe Left (Left)
    N- Strafe Right (Right)

    Turbo
    L- Turbo Forward (Shift+Up)
    I- Turbo Strafe Left (Left)
    M- Turbo Strafe Right (Right)

    As you can see, the K,H,U,N keys make a normal up,down,left,right directional pad, with the shooting key (J) in the middle. The "turbo" keys, are just what I think naturally fits with this configuration

    I hope somebody agrees with me, it would be nice to see some of this on the next version. But anyway, it's a great job the way it is done right now, congratulations!
  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by pepitosegrilla View Post
    I'm really enjoying playing this game, but I don't know if you'd apperciate some ideas on the key bindings
    (I'm from Spain, so sorry if you find my english a little weird)

    Having your finger in the middle of the screen when you drag right-left to look around, is quite annoying, and I usually find myself shooting when I try lo low down my finger, so I can be able to see a little bit more

    So I think it would be more playable, if you let the bottom area on the screen to be the look left-right drag-control, instead of shooting, and change the keys on the keyboard to this:

    Shooting
    J

    Movement
    K- Forward(Up)
    H- Backword (Down)
    U- Strafe Left (Left)
    N- Strafe Right (Right)

    Turbo
    L- Turbo Forward (Shift+Up)
    I- Turbo Strafe Left (Left)
    M- Turbo Strafe Right (Right)

    As you can see, the K,H,U,N keys make a normal up,down,left,right directional pad, with the shooting key (J) in the middle. The "turbo" keys, are just what I think naturally fits with this configuration

    I hope somebody agrees with me, it would be nice to see some of this on the next version. But anyway, it's a great job the way it is done right now, congratulations!
    I kind of like that litte set up you got going but turbo strafe is out of reach when going turbo forward :-/. the movement is also out of reach for strafing and going forward at the same time... there is some development still going on for key bindings. so the input is always nice.
    MatterOfFactJack
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by pepitosegrilla View Post
    I'm really enjoying playing this game, but I don't know if you'd apperciate some ideas on the key bindings
    (I'm from Spain, so sorry if you find my english a little weird)

    Having your finger in the middle of the screen when you drag right-left to look around, is quite annoying, and I usually find myself shooting when I try lo low down my finger, so I can be able to see a little bit more

    So I think it would be more playable, if you let the bottom area on the screen to be the look left-right drag-control, instead of shooting, and change the keys on the keyboard to this:

    Shooting
    J

    Movement
    K- Forward(Up)
    H- Backword (Down)
    U- Strafe Left (Left)
    N- Strafe Right (Right)

    Turbo
    L- Turbo Forward (Shift+Up)
    I- Turbo Strafe Left (Left)
    M- Turbo Strafe Right (Right)

    As you can see, the K,H,U,N keys make a normal up,down,left,right directional pad, with the shooting key (J) in the middle. The "turbo" keys, are just what I think naturally fits with this configuration

    I hope somebody agrees with me, it would be nice to see some of this on the next version. But anyway, it's a great job the way it is done right now, congratulations!
    I haven't been able to play the game yet (can't get it to launch) but your idea sounds awesome!
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    I find some other files with "quake" in them. I'm wondering what these are:
    /var/log/reports/minicores/RDXD99_quake.5518.minicore.gz
    /var/log/reports/minicores/RDXDErr2_quake.1849.minicore.gz
    /var/log/reports/minicores/RDXD89_quake.2067.minicore.gz

    Can anyone identify these?
    Those are diagnostic files that are sent regularly back to Palm by your Pre.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    the demo won't launch for me. it say "quake: starting" but goes no further.. any ideas?
    Same problem here
  16. TomD's Avatar
    Posts
    908 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmakar169 View Post
    Maybe I am missing something but I think you may have the playable version. Mine also says 1.0.9 but it is playable. Just need to to a backwards gesture to get to the menu as stated above. Prior to entering a level it says that this is a shareware version but the game is fully playable. Perhaps the version number is just mislabeled on the install?
    What version number are others showing in Info and App Cat->My Apps?

    Instructions on how to get out of Demo would have helped. I'm not a Quake expert.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  17. cdjh's Avatar
    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    #97  
    awesome work. this is a blast. keep up the great work. you guys are really making the pre what it should have been since day 1.

    I asked this in the doom! thread, but would it ever be possible to orient the game 180 degrees from the way it is now to control movement with the left thumb?

    Perhaps it is not possible due to the way webos runs the cards. maybe someone knowledgeable could comment.
  18. TomD's Avatar
    Posts
    908 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    #98  
    Incidentally, running several copies in Demo mode is a hoot. They all keep running as cards, if slowly
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  19. FiXXXerX's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    the demo won't launch for me. it say "quake: starting" but goes no further.. any ideas?
    Amen brother, same deal... anyone have any info on this yet? Can't find anything anywhere on how to fix this, would love to get it working.

    I'll give you any info that you need!

    ~X~
  20. TomD's Avatar
    Posts
    908 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Those are diagnostic files that are sent regularly back to Palm by your Pre.

    -- Rod
    Humm, does that happen with Backup or something else?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions