Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718 LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 342
Like Tree3Likes
  1. #301  
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    I think reasonable defaults will work better, unfortunately.
    I think this is the best solution. Have several defaults that are all reasonable.

    Quote Originally Posted by dtzwill View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts, I'll see what I can do. Believe me when I say I'd love to spend eternity doing crazy things like scripting touchscreen interface, but alas other projects and life sometimes get in the way so you gotta prioritize .
    The second you get around to trying out my idea, give me a private message, I'd be happy to test it for you, and help work towards something feasible. If there is any small jobs that I can do for you. If you want to show me the code behind the virtual joysticks, I'd be happy to give it a look, to familiarise myself with it.
  2. #302  
    Why not use the accelerometer for look? That would be awesome!
  3. #303  
    My Quake and Doom were working perfectly, now I'm getting no starts. Upon investigation I'm seeing this:
    Code:
    Error: VID: Couldn't load SDL: Unable to open /dev/fb1
    I looked in /dev and see no fb1! Is this created dynamically by SDL?

    NOTE: See fix in next post!
    Last edited by pEEf; 01/15/2010 at 03:02 AM.
  4. #304  
    Ok, apparently when you "remove" the MyTether patch it puts your OLD webos files in there instead of 1.3.5.1!

    Here is the fix in 3 easy steps:

    Step 1: Start MyTether and make SURE that it's Patch is ENABLED! Yes, you read that right, LET IT PATCH and restart.

    Step 2: Log in to your Pre's shell as ROOT and issue these commands:
    Code:
    cd /media/internal/
    wget http://lunaware.com/tetherfix.tgz
    rm -R .mytether  
    tar xzf tetherfix.tgz
    Step 3: Fire up MyTether and REMOVE the patch. Let it reboot and Voila!

    MyTether will still be patchable and will work properly, and your games will still work when you unpatch from now on. (until the next WebOS update, anyway!)

    Here's my Session:
    Code:
    root@palm-webos-device:/var/home/root# cd /media/internal/
    root@palm-webos-device:/media/internal# wget http://lunaware.com/tetherfix.tgz
    Connecting to lunaware.com (204.11.25.9:80)
    tetherfix.tgz        100% |*************************************************************************************| 11501k 00:00:00 ETA
    root@palm-webos-device:/media/internal# rm -R .mytether  
    root@palm-webos-device:/media/internal# tar xzf tetherfix.tgz
    root@palm-webos-device:/media/internal#
    ALTERNATIVE INSTALL: If you do not have root access, Enable the MyTether patch, let it restart, then plug in your USB cable and mount your Pre's Internal drive, download and extract http://lunaware.com/tetherfix.tgz on your local machine, then replace the .mytether folder with the one in the TGZ archive, unmount your Pre, Fire up MyTether and let it remove it's patch, then restart. Should be good to go!
    Last edited by pEEf; 01/15/2010 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Typos
  5. #305  
    Ok, so I'm late on the bandwagon and only just now got around to trying out Quake - I never did play the PC version of it, so it was low on my list of things to try on my Pre. All I can say is WOW! This is really fantastic. I'm addicted already (and I really suck, by the way)! LOL!

    Anyway, on top of voicing my amazement, I also wanted to give a suggestion for the instructions on the wiki. I think the controls work well and the wiki gives good information, except for one tiny detail. I went around and around punching every key on my keyboard trying to get back to the main game menu. I read the wiki several times and skimmed through all the posts in this thread with no luck. I was able to do a quick save using _=Quick Save (Orange+,) and did a quick load using '= Quick Load (Orange+L), but games you save using quick save do not show up as saved games in the main game menu later. By sheer chance, I finally figured out that you have to use the shift key when pressing Q to get back to the menu. This may seem really obvious to many of you out there (and I felt really stupid when I figured it out), but all of the controls in the wiki are shown with capital letters, yet none of them require you to use the shift key. I can't be the only person who's had this problem - perhaps a clarification should be made in the wiki?
  6. #306  
    ARg....

    I'm getting the message, "cannot find package org.webosinternals.sdlquake" whenever I try to use Preware to install Quake or Doom. I was able to install Presteriods without a problem.

    Also I had some kinda problem finding the Novacom driver. I now know it's in the Palm directory on my computer, but I can't seem to reinstall the driver to see if that fixes the issue. I was going to yank the driver out of the Device Manager and try to replace it there, but now the Device Manager seems to be crashing.

    (It might have helped INTENSELY if the Preware install guide bothered to mention the location of the Novacom driver, should it not be found by the system automatically)

    Where can I get the Quake files directly? Why is Preware giving me this message? And does anyone know how to fix a Novacom driver issue without access to the Device Manager?
  7. #307  
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post


    Thanks for your thoughts, I'll see what I can do. Believe me when I say I'd love to spend eternity doing crazy things like scripting touchscreen interface, but alas other projects and life sometimes get in the way so you gotta prioritize .

    Thanks for taking time to make this possible.
  8.    #308  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxSMoke777 View Post
    I'm getting the message, "cannot find package org.webosinternals.sdlquake" whenever I try to use Preware to install Quake or Doom. I was able to install Presteriods without a problem.
    Check the Manage Feeds page, under the webos-internals feed.

    If the URL just says "feed" instead of an ipkg.preware.org URL like the others, then it means that you do not have the Package Manager Service installed correctly.

    You need to reinstall the Package Manager Service 0.9.30 or later correctly using WebOS Quick Install 2.96 or later.

    http://install.preware.org/

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  9. #309  
    Thanks, I figured that out after combing through the guide several times. It's just not clearly laid out. Now I have Preware working, and I can download games to the Pre without my computer. I even downloaded both Quake and DOOM. But neither of them will work at all. They both just flash the icon, show some text that they are starting, and then nothing happens. I've uninstalled and reinstalled them several times, nothing changes.

    Any ideas about that? I don't have MyTether, so it's not that. Do I need something else?
  10. #310  
    Is development ongoing to get around that adblock process or whatever it was that stops multiplayer from working? That would be possibly the greatest addition that you could make. :P
  11. hartmund's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #311  
    Quote Originally Posted by Indecom View Post
    you need to copy pak0.pak and pak1.pak from your quake/id1 folder if you have the full version to the bin/id1 folder of the sdl quake on the pre
    Where do I find this folder (bin/id1) on my pre? Do I have to send the pak files into this folder via WebOS QuickInstall? If so, whatīs the correct path?
    Iīd love playing the full version.
  12. #312  
    Quote Originally Posted by hartmund View Post
    Where do I find this folder (bin/id1) on my pre? Do I have to send the pak files into this folder via WebOS QuickInstall? If so, whatīs the correct path?
    Iīd love playing the full version.
    From one of the other doom/quake threads:

    You'll want to use the WebOS Quickinstall and put in the path:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.sdlquake/bin/id1
  13. redskyy's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #313  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxSMoke777 View Post
    Thanks, I figured that out after combing through the guide several times. It's just not clearly laid out. Now I have Preware working, and I can download games to the Pre without my computer. I even downloaded both Quake and DOOM. But neither of them will work at all. They both just flash the icon, show some text that they are starting, and then nothing happens. I've uninstalled and reinstalled them several times, nothing changes.

    Any ideas about that? I don't have MyTether, so it's not that. Do I need something else?
    I'm having the same problem with all the recent WebOS Internals games. Any insight on how to fix this?
  14. #314  
    Quote Originally Posted by redskyy View Post
    I'm having the same problem with all the recent WebOS Internals games. Any insight on how to fix this?
    Maybe you forgot to install the needed 'Upstart Manager Service' from WebOS Internals !!!!
  15. redskyy's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #315  
    Quote Originally Posted by simossoft View Post
    Maybe you forgot to install the needed 'Upstart Manager Service' from WebOS Internals !!!!
    I have the Upstart Manager Service installed and tried removing and re-installing both it and the games to see if it would have any effect. Neither would work, showing the same "Game: Starting..." notification and then not load up.
  16. #316  
    Hi everyone. Could anybody tell me where can I find the whole process to install the full version of Quake. My english is basic, and I have been reading all the post, but I donīt find a guide explaining it step by step.

    Thank you and regards from Spain.
  17. #317  
    First of all, do you have WebOSQI or Preware?

    If you don't have WebOSQI, head on over to Canuck Software to download it. Here is the thread link:

    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v2-96-a.html

    If you have WebOSQI (but not Preware), open it up. You will have to install Preware by clicking the Blue arrow pointing down, then go to WebOS Internals Feed (all). Check Preware and Package manager service. Click download. Click close.

    Now you must ensure your phone is in Developer Mode. If it already is, ignore this step. If it isn't, click upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart at the home screen on your Pre. A Developer Mode toggle icon will pop up. Turn Developer mode on, and then your Pre must be restarted.

    After your Pre has finished restarting, connect your Pre to your computer via USB data cable. Remember to click "Just Charge".

    Now, once the phone is properly connected, and Developer Mode is on, and you have Preware and Package Manager Service downloaded, click install. Now you have Preware, congratulations.

    To get Quake, open up Preware, click list of everything, and type in "quake". The download for Quake should be the first row on the screen. Tap it, then click install.
  18. #318  
    Thank you for your quick answer. I have Quake installed, but itīs just the demo version. So I understand I have to install pak1.pak and pak0.pak to make it full version. Which original Quake version do I need to extract those files from? Do I need to do something else to complete the full version installation? Is it necessary to have a .wad file aswell?

    Thank you.
    Last edited by txikitan; 01/25/2010 at 10:05 AM.
  19. #319  
    Quote Originally Posted by txikitan View Post
    Thank you for your quick answer. I have Quake installed, but itīs just the demo version. So I understand I have to install pak1.pak and pak0.pak to make it full version. Which original Quake version do I need to extract those files from? Do I need to do something else to complete the full version installation? Is it necessary to have a .wad file aswell?

    Thank you.
    I had a PC quake cd from ages ago. I took the pak1.pak and the pak0.pak from the installed directory. On the pre, the files live in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.sdlquake/bin/id1. You need to rename the pak0.pak that's in there, since that's the shareware version. Just copy the 2 new pak files into the directory I mentioned, and you're all set.

    Two tips:
    1) ID still sells quake for $20. You can get it on their web site, this is good if you need to "upgrade" your pre version to full. id Software: Quake
    2) since the controls are a little too clunky for me to enjoy playing through, I just bound "god mode" to the & key. You can create the file /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.sdlquake/bin/id1/autoexec.cfg to contain the line:
    Code:
    bind & "god 1"
  20. #320  
    Quote Originally Posted by zx3junglist View Post
    Two tips:
    1) ID still sells quake for $20. You can get it on their web site, this is good if you need to "upgrade" your pre version to full.
    whaaaa.. get it through steam.. $9.99

    $20 is waaaaay to much for a game that old, even 10's pushin it

Posting Permissions