Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Ok...so I downloaded Doom...and had no problem playing it. I also downloaded Quake...and all I can do is hit the S or I button to switch between Single Player, Options, Help, etc....

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to enter Single Player mode. Does ANYONE know how to do this?? Or is it just supposed to be a Demo?? I thought I saw it was playable...but maybe I have to order it?? Please help!! Thanks!!
    Press the enter key on the pre keyboard to select menu options.
    Awesome app, but i see its a demo and doesnt include the full single player game, only what is included in the shareware.
    Still kinda cool, but I would totally donate 10 bucks/pay that much if a Full version was available, with the ever so popular idea of multiplayer, particularly pre to pre multiplayer.
    they cant give you the whole game! they are not a reseller! you have to buy it from id or whatever. After that you can "patch" the pre version to be the full version by just using the datafiles of the game you just bought.
    THere is a whole thread about this.....
    See the donor forum at My Tether. A fix is posted there. See topic "My Tether breaks DOOM!". The full solution is spread across three different posts, so with a hat tip to geekuncle, crg84, and viddywell, I'll consolidate it here...

1. Download http://www.viddywell.com/mytether/mytether.rar (userid mytether, password donor).
    2. Open the .rar file. If you can't, there is a free open-source extractor at 7-Zip In the .rar file you will see a folder called .mytether
    3. On your Pre, enable the My Tether Wifi patch and reset.
    4. Connect the Pre to your computer in USB mode.
    5. On your computer open the Pre USB drive and look for a folder called .mytether
    6. Replace the .mytether folder on the Pre USB drive with the .mythether folder in the .rar file.
    7. Eject the USB drive.
    8. Disable the Wifi patch in My Tether, and reset.

Now whenever you disable the patch, the /dev/fb1 file will be properly restored. If you uninstall My Tether and reinstall it, you will need to restore the .mytether folder from the .rar file. Maybe make a copy of the new .mytether in another folder called .mytether.new so in the future all you have to do to recover is connect in USB mode and copy .mytether.new to .mytether
    Looks great... i wish you could move by using the touch screen but i'll just get used to the controls!
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonperez View Post
    Looks great... i wish you could move by using the touch screen but i'll just get used to the controls!
    You can, dont you see the overlayed joystick on the left side?
    what files do i change and where i have the full version i did search but came up nothin.
    you need to copy pak0.pak and pak1.pak from your quake/id1 folder if you have the full version to the bin/id1 folder of the sdl quake on the pre
    Just wanted to commend the developers of the new visual joystick! It works like a dream. Amazing.
    thank you for the info hope to try this later. My friend still can't believe we can do this on a phone.
    I played quake back in the day at launch. the new controller scheme is great. i have 2 suggestions in the bottom right corner of the screen i see the fire is way bigger than the circle i think you should tighten it to the circle only and add the fuction right below the circle in the bottom right corner as a hold to look key. so i could hold bottom right corner and use walk joystick on left side of the screen for looking while holding the bottom right corner. this would make the app fully functional so i can get to shoot all the secret switches for the quad damage. If you enter in a deal with ID to release the software for play then id also say enable multiplayer and if possible setup a server so i can kill some of the trolls on this forum in quake.

Once again guys great job. thank you for all your hard work and if you enable look function ill pay 15 dollars to you paypal asap
    hey guys...fantastic! So much fun! I have a silly question... I've never platedQuake before and I was wondering...
    In Level 1, I fell into the "river" before I was finished doing all the stuff up top. How do I get out? Is it possible to climb out? Or would I just have to restart the game?

I know it's probably a dumb question...but I am not very quick with video games... Thanks so muxh, again, for a killer app! WOOT WOOT!!!
    go all the way to the end past the door on left theres a small hallway to right and elevator will bring you back up to top once you goto end of tunel.
    Ok...so I have to use elevators and such to get to higher places..cool! I kinda figured that that's how it'd play out.
    But, that means there is no way to climb up on something,right? 'Cause there was some ammo up high and I couldn't figure out how to get up there...never saw an elevator anywhere.
    Doesn't matter! I actually finished level one which is HUUUGE for me!! Heh heh...I'm so bad at video games.. Put it this way...I'm from the generation that first bought the Atari 2600!! Joystick and one button...woot woot!
    In Preware, I see that Quake and Doom are in the "List of Everything" but are not listed in the "Available Packages" section. I think that I saw it in Available Packages earlier but it no longer appears there since I installed these games. Weird.

By the way, fantastic work on making Quake compatible and updated (re: control scheme) for the Pre!
  17.    #277  
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorzeph View Post
    In Preware, I see that Quake and Doom are in the "List of Everything" but are not listed in the "Available Packages" section. I think that I saw it in Available Packages earlier but it no longer appears there since I installed these games. Weird.
    Check the value of the "Installed is Available" preference.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    My friend still can't believe we can do this on a phone.
    Believe me, nobody's as excited as I am about these developments, but the iphone has had 3d gaming for some time now.
    Love the new updates to the virtual keyboard!! I would like to add my voice to those who have requested a dual virtual joystick control scheme. I saw of unreal 3 for the iphone on the web today that might be of some inspiration. Although I think that "walking" the view is a terrible idea. Thanks again.
    This app is absolutely amazing! It has been put together extremely well. The cheats even work haha!

Any word on multiplayer? This would be great!