Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    All these fun new games in the app catalog today...

I'm still having more fun with Quake! I hope the development of this continues. Multiplayer would be absolutely awesome.
  2.    #242  
    Quote Originally Posted by kiilljoy View Post
    I downloaded the new Oregon Trail and it crashed all over the place. I removed Quake and the Upstart Service, restarted the phone and Oregon Trail started working without crashing (after about 30-40 min of game play.) Don't know about the other new games, but could be an issue.
    They are completely independent.

If you can reproduce this on a freshly full-erased, webos-doctored, device, then I'll definitely be interested, because I cannot reproduce it with NFS or XPlane.

Otherwise, I would suspect something else on your device (CPU speed patches? MyTether? Patches not from Preware?).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Error: VID: Couldn't load SDL: Unable to open /dev/fb1

I don't have a /dev/fb1 entry, I only have a /dev/fb and fb0 entries.
    I had the same issue but I can run Quake and Doom now. To fix this, just symlink fb -> fb1 like this:

ln -s /dev/fb /dev/fb1

That's all! I think this symlink needs to be recreated if you reboot the phone. No idea why some phones have fb1 and others don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    They are completely independent.

If you can reproduce this on a freshly full-erased, webos-doctored, device, then I'll definitely be interested, because I cannot reproduce it with NFS or XPlane.

Otherwise, I would suspect something else on your device (CPU speed patches? MyTether? Patches not from Preware?).

-- Rod
    Looks like I might have spoken too early. From other forums and cataloge reviews the reboot was the solution and not removing quake. Haven't tested at all but I don't expect it will change anything.
  5.    #245  
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse0 View Post
    I had the same issue but I can run Quake and Doom now. To fix this, just symlink fb -> fb1 like this:

ln -s /dev/fb /dev/fb1

That's all! I think this symlink needs to be recreated if you reboot the phone. No idea why some phones have fb1 and others don't.
    The most common cause for this is MyTether. It does things to your phone that interacts with other applications in bad ways.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Hey all, dtzWill here, developer of Quake.

Just released version 1.2.0, it's available in Preware.

Changelog:

Added visual control overlay
    Settings/binds/cvars now are saved across execution
    Misc bugfixes.

This app is made available to everyone at no charge! However, if you like it please consider donating

Thanks to Jack87 for the overlay art and continued help testing

Happy fragging!
    Nice visual controls.
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    I don't know what I'm missing...

The other day I was able to turn DOWN the mouse sensitivity with some button. I can't remember which. I goes up when you hit enter - what makes it go down?

Or has this been changed with the latest version?
    Quote Originally Posted by cdjh View Post
    I don't know what I'm missing...

The other day I was able to turn DOWN the mouse sensitivity with some button. I can't remember which. I goes up when you hit enter - what makes it go down?

Or has this been changed with the latest version?
    The controls are listed here: Application:Quake - WebOS Internals

To more directly answer your question, 'w/s/z/a' are best for navigating the menus, as well as moving the sliders. Note that 'q' is right near by, and is bound to 'ESC' to it will open/close the menu as well.

Hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post

woohooooo.. my wish was granted
    You guys...This is AWESOME!!! I already loved the first version, but this newest one is the best by far. I can play it without even opening the keyboard (once it is started). Yes the CES had some very big announcements and good news, but I am still blown away by the fact that I am able to play Quake on my phone!! I agree with cdjh, the new apps are cool, but I too sure hope you guys keep on working on what you are working on. Thanks so much
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    The controls are listed here: [url= - WebOS Internals[/url]

To more directly answer your question, 'w/s/z/a' are best for navigating the menus, as well as moving the sliders. Note that 'q' is right near by, and is bound to 'ESC' to it will open/close the menu as well.

Hope this helps
    'w' key, duh

thanks. Donation sent. Keep up the good work. This is awesome. Multiplayer would complete the package if it is possible
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Fantastic addition with the controls.

My only feedback would be to make the left visual control more sensitive. Making it so you do not need to move your thumb as far around the screen to move.

This is great.
    I ended up doctoring my phone and it's all fresh now. Quake only works if launching from command line in Terminal, it won't launch from icon. No mytether installed. Any ideas? N4S launches fine.

Edit: Was able to fix by removing Upstart Mgr Service and resinstalling everything.
    Last edited by xenophonite; 01/08/2010 at 10:00 AM.
    This is great work. With all of the positive developments recently, is glquake possibly in the cards?
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts

Changelog:

Settings/binds/cvars now are saved across execution
    Misc bugfixes.

This app is made available to everyone at no charge! However, if you like it please consider donating

Thanks to Jack87 for the overlay art and continued help testing

Happy fragging!
    Outstanding progress.

Even though i do not play, i know how big this is for the webOS community.

Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    This is great, really nice work. Brings back memories of the early 90's -- Quake was the last video game I played, since it gave me carpal tunnel which almost put me out of work. I decided I'd rather have a job than play video games...

Anyhow, I like the non-keyboard controls, but I find it really hard to "drive" with my left thumb, since I'm so right-handed. I'd love to have an option to turn the phone over and drive with my right thumb. Yeah, the keyboard would be under my left hand, but I'm not planning on using it in any serious way.

I don't think it would work to simply swap the joystick and fire controls, since it would be pretty hard to strafe -- you'd need to somehow get your index finger on the gesture area.
    Author of Keyring for webOS - Easy password management on your phone

Get Keyring :: Keyring website :: Keyring desktop client :: Keyring bugs :: Desktop client bugs

Like what I've done with Keyring? Hire me!
    Any hope of seeing dual joysticks with jump and shoot buttons on the screen, or left joypad for move/strafe and accelerometer for looking around at all?
    With Doom and Quake, gaming on the Pre moved from the 80's (2D) to the 90's (pseudo 3D/3D). Then yesterday, the Pre caught up to the 21st century with full 3D GPU enabled games. I've been a very happy Pre owner over the past week!
    i really like the new version it gets better and better... the controls are almost as good as it can be on the pre i think.. dont know if its possible to improve the virtualjoystick, but if not its also fine
    here is my wishlist for "prequake" in 2010:
    -opengl support
    -Online multiplayer
    -adhoc multiplayer (pre to pre )
    -TS selector

PS: now its really time to create that paypal account...