Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    tried to install terminal to get doom running. got both terminal and the plugin from WOSQI. terminal cant see the plugin though. Tried rebooting my pre, with the same results
    i dont see doom in preware, or for that matter, the terminal thing at all??? Can someone help me, did they remove it?
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    For those of you having problems with getting to the correct directories, a friendly reminder that if you have the optware stuff installed and can ssh into the Pre, then tab completion will work and you can launch the phone from your ssh client. I don't know if the tab key works in novaterm.
    i tried it out it works great, very smooth, decent graphics, but for everybody that said 3D gaming wasnt possible you just proved them wrong.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by piaband View Post
    Do you have to keep terminal app up while running this? I tried to close it and it restarted my phone.
    Yeah, I also tried this and it did not like it very much.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    can you save the game?
    give it a launcher now!
    YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

This is AWESOME!!. Simply use WebOS QI to download Doom and Terminal from the webosinternals feed and install it.

Then launch the terminal and run the 4 commands!
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    hmm for some reason after i ran the game for a minute.. my pre turned off and now it wont turn back on.. suggestions?
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    absolutely incredible! Thanks to all who are working on this.

A better launcher and controls will make this a lot of fun. But even this release is awesome.

I'd love to see this played with the screen closed. Of course that means on screen controls and a lot of work to code it. Possibly even flipping the phone the other way to use the gesture area with your left hand for movement and the volume buttons for firing. If you could control movement with your thumb position around the center button and turn by swiping your right thumb (similar to the iphone demo video for the unreal engine) then fire with the volume keys - that would be solid.

Well that's my imagination anyway. GREAT WORK!
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxO View Post
    hmm for some reason after i ran the game for a minute.. my pre turned off and now it wont turn back on.. suggestions?
    Is the battery dead?
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    nope.. but i took the battery out and turned it back on.. seems to be fine now
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Can someone link me to the terminal app. I can't find it on preware.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    This is so incredibly cool. I am so happy to see that webos is really starting to gain some ground in the application world. This really opens my eyes to how great webos is. I can't wait for there to be a proper launcher.
    Quote Originally Posted by emac707 View Post
    for everybody that said 3D gaming wasnt possible you just proved them wrong.
    Yeah, now that you mention it, where are all those guys now?
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    I can't find any of these apps anymore.. I had seen them before but now I can't find them.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    just played the game and finished about 3 levels, played smooth.. great sound.. too bad no music but hey its doom on the pre.. now i know what im gonna do at work
    *In Preware go to Available Applications--system utilities and look for terminal.

*In Preware got to Available Applications--games and you'll find Doom (the icon is the Internals Penguin all bloody).
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mudotron View Post
    *In Preware go to Available Applications--system utilities and look for terminal.

*In Preware got to Available Applications--games and you'll find Doom (the icon is the Internals Penguin all bloody).
    It is not there.. It was there but it is no longer there. Same with the IRC app that was there. It is also gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiako View Post
    It is not there.. It was there but it is no longer there. Same with the IRC app that was there. It is also gone.
    Is it under 'installed packages' by chance?
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast