Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    Why is WebOS so freaking cool you ask?

Because I can have 4 Doom cards open at one time!

This just makes me smile.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    Yup, except that the instructions on the instruction card don't have the last "/" on line 1...and it's necessary.
    The first "/" is necessary; the last "/" is optional. I confirmed this on my device, and this is true of every shell I've ever used on a Unix-derived operating system since 1992, no matter what kind of hardware it ran on.

Most likely, the "-sh: d: not found" error message means you either (a) typed something containing an escape sequence or some other goofy thing or (b) invoked Preferences or Non-Obvious Keys from the Terminal app's menu after typing "c" and before typing "d". The latter closes your existing shell instance and invokes a new one. (Did you notice that your screen got cleared?)
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

I also have a twitter feed and a web site.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I still cant get past line three. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I've rebooted. I've checked my terminal lines over and over. Im doing everything right. Why cant I get past line 3. Yes I am 1.3.5. This is how I wanted to start my day but it's going very badly. Hahaha
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNiteWithJme View Post
    Any tips as to why org.webos... isn't in /usr/palm/applications ?

Listed as installed in Preware and I see the Icon yet when I follow the directions the app is missing from terminal (step 3). Reboot didn't solve it.
    Because everyone is using 1.3.5 and apps dont reside there any more all in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications
    Ok, Linux noob and Windows user here... <pause for groans>
    I know I need to get a copy of SDL Doom to make this run. Only one I've found so far is:

http://www.libsdl.org/projects/doom/

And it says to unpack and build, which I gather is a common Linux task. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do so on my Windows machine. I'd really like to try and get this going. Little help?
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyxplosion View Post
    I know I need to get a copy of SDL Doom to make this run. Only one I've found so far is:

And it says to unpack and build, which I gather is a common Linux task. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do so on my Windows machine. I'd really like to try and get this going. Little help?

Install in with Preware, its in there already.
    AWSOME!! Not only is it awsome that I am sitting at work playing doom on my phone, but it is super smooth. This thing is loading with a quickness I have not seen from WebOS before.

If you have Preware, that is all you need. Just download the Doom! app from the applications and do a search in Preware for "Terminal"..once you have those installed, follow the directions from the link in post #1...should be all set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevoreon View Post
    I still cant get past line three. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I've rebooted. I've checked my terminal lines over and over. Im doing everything right. Why cant I get past line 3. Yes I am 1.3.5. This is how I wanted to start my day but it's going very badly. Hahaha
    You did read that it's four lines?

The last line is:
    ./doom& <enter>

[url]

you don't have to build anything just install it from preware
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    OK figured it out. Peeps with problems with step 3 replace the command with:

cd /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/webosinternals.sdldoom

then follow step 4 as normal
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    sorry word wrap on my pre screwed me up:

cd /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.sdldoom
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramer84015 View Post
    You did read that it's four lines?

The last line is:
    ./doom& <enter>
    I'm not stupid. Of course I read that it's four lines.
    MY TROUBLE is getting past the third.
    I enter cd org.webosinternals.sdldoom
    and I get the error that seems to be common here.
    cant CD org.webosinternals.sdldoom or something similar.
    I just want this to work.
    great stuff!
    C'mon O2 UK! Give us 1.3.5!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevoreon View Post
    I'm not stupid. Of course I read that it's four lines.
    MY TROUBLE is getting past the third.
    I enter cd org.webosinternals.sdldoom
    and I get the error that seems to be common here.
    cant CD org.webosinternals.sdldoom or something similar.
    I just want this to work.
    I didn't mean to imply that. I was having the same problem as well, then I was misreading the fourth line as ./doom & instead of ./doom&

Rebooting my Pre (and not sure if the homebrew WeatherNow app I installed yesterday, running in the background was causing the problem) fixed the problem for me.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I can't seem to find Doom in Preware? Ideas?
    Once again Rod and the boys at WebOS Internals give us some kick *** software! This is amazing. It ran the first time blindingly fast. It brings me back to the days I ran it on my i386 machine at work. Looking forward to a launcher. In the mean time, I can use my shell script to kick it off through terminal. Good work uncovering the SDL.
    This is AWESOME!! You guys are amazing. Absolutely unreal. Thank you!

I tried the iddqd and idkfa codes right away, and good thing they worked, or I'd be sunk! Can't believe I remembered those from memory. Now I'm stuck until we figure out the key to jump.

For some reason I got a Luna restart when I flicked the card away.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 12/31/2009 at 10:30 AM.
    Thanks to all who responded to my question. Reminds me of an old saying:

Quote Originally Posted by Author Unknown
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast