Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheuba View Post
    Any hope in the future for being able to choose a left-handed orientation?

I'd love this (and it runs for me) but I can't play it. That makes me sad.
    +1
    Still can't run any of these cool sdl games because of that damb My Tether. I'd love to be able to play these games. If any of you webos internals gurus figure out the fix, I will most definitely donate! Keep up the good work guys
    I think the controls for Doom should be like the D-pad which is to the opposite side. On the left side instead of the right side. the controls feels much easier to adapt to when the moving controllers are on the left hand side. hope they provide a option for this?!
    Quote Originally Posted by projectx58 View Post
    I think the controls for Doom should be like the D-pad which is to the opposite side. On the left side instead of the right side. the controls feels much easier to adapt to when the moving controllers are on the left hand side. hope they provide a option for this?!
    Unless you played the original old school way which was with the arrow keys.
    but i controlled the arrow keys not with my thumb
    a 180 option would be nice.
    or like the latest quake controls, with virtual joystick on the left screen and buttons on the right
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Yeah, I'd like a virtual joystick as well. It's not as effective as the real thing, but after playing with Quake for a little bit, I like it a whole lot better than any keyboard option on the Pre for these games.
    Gitah~
    I'd love the quake config for doom, but sadly the devs seem to have abandoned it in favour of quake *sigh*
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
  8.    #428  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    I'd love the quake config for doom, but sadly the devs seem to have abandoned it in favour of quake *sigh*
    Man, you guys are harsh.

If you're really interested in what the developers are focusing on, it's a common cross-compilaton environment so that hundreds of new developers can work on hundreds of new games in parallel.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  9.    #429  
    Quote Originally Posted by xtc23 View Post
    Still can't run any of these cool sdl games because of that damb My Tether. I'd love to be able to play these games. If any of you webos internals gurus figure out the fix, I will most definitely donate! Keep up the good work guys
    Sorry, but the MyTether author refuses to participate in the open standard homebrew ecosystem (preferring to do things his own way, breaking stuff left and right in the process), and it's closed source so we cannot fix it for him.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Sorry, but the MyTether author refuses to participate in the open standard homebrew ecosystem (preferring to do things his own way, breaking stuff left and right in the process), and it's closed source so we cannot fix it for him.

-- Rod
    oh snap!
    Oh i agree, but it just feels weird on the right thumb instead of the left. much comfortable if it were like a Dpad layout, like on a controller. But ofcourse, all the work being put into Doom and Quake is Great work. Keep it up guys!
    Man, you guys are harsh.

If you're really interested in what the developers are focusing on, it's a common cross-compilaton environment so that hundreds of new developers can work on hundreds of new games in parallel.

-- Rod
    My apologies if i seemed harsh, that wasn't the intention. I'm merely saying what i see, which would be the fact that doom hasn't seen any updates since the upstart fix, whereas Quake's been updated almost daily. I'm certainly not ungrateful for all the work the internals team puts in, you guys've been doing amazing work with everything pertaining to the new capabilities of 1.3.5.

-- Rod
    What are the odds of another developer building a competing product to Mytether. One that works in tandum with the homebrew standards. Seems to be allot demand within the community.
    Well I just discovered that in addition to doom and quake, classic invaders and super tux also don't work on my pre. I'm sure this has got to do with that crap app My Tether. I hope My Tether's shady developer "Aonic" gets what's coming to him and doesn't get any more unvoluntary "donations" for his phone breaking app
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Well I just discovered that in addition to doom and quake, classic invaders and super tux also don't work on my pre. I'm sure this has got to do with that crap app My Tether. I hope My Tether's shady developer "Aonic" gets what's coming to him and doesn't get any more unvoluntary "donations" for his phone breaking app
    Try uninstalling my tether and also removing the .mytether directory from usb partition and then reboot...
    I have uninstalled and completeley removed my tether folder, then reinstalled my tether. I would just remove my tether permanately, but I need tethering because I travel a lot with my job and unfortunately there is no other tethering option for the pre. If someone does develop a tethering app for the pre that doesn't break anything I would gladly pay up to $50 for it, and I'm sure that many others would as well. Pre gurus are you listening?!
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I have uninstalled and completeley removed my tether folder, then reinstalled my tether. I would just remove my tether permanately, but I need tethering because I travel a lot with my job and unfortunately there is no other tethering option for the pre. If someone does develop a tethering app for the pre that doesn't break anything I would gladly pay up to $50 for it, and I'm sure that many others would as well. Pre gurus are you listening?!
    THere is another tethering option somewhere on this forum...but i will require you to root your pre...
    My tether haters: you suck. My tether is badass. Caused some problems oh well. You are not supposed to be tethering anyways. I know what I'm getting into and am prepared to deal with the risks. In this case all I had to do was get a clean .mytether folder and it fixed my problems. Jesh. Chill haters!
    I have a friend that has a pixi and he was wondering if it was possible to get this running on it.

He's asked on the forums before but his question was completely ignored. Can anybody clear this up.

Please and thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    My tether haters: you suck. My tether is badass. Caused some problems oh well. You are not supposed to be tethering anyways. I know what I'm getting into and am prepared to deal with the risks. In this case all I had to do was get a clean .mytether folder and it fixed my problems. Jesh. Chill haters!
    Go and look up 'Open Source' in the dictionary. The WebOS homebrew community is an open source one where developers can support eachother, fix problems and make the device work better as a whole. If the developer of myTether's going to refuse to participate, keep his program closed source and break things with reckless abandon, there will be well-deserved hate. Think twice and look in the mirror before you start telling people they suck, because when you try to defend something the community generally views as bad, that view might just be reflected back on you.