Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324 LastLast
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    it took like 5 minutes to download,but now its working fine
    I was running it on evdo, i'll try that, but i think preware has some issues of its own, because i also notice some patches will do the same thing where they won't downloan correctly. and i never had that issue with preware on the previous webOS versions
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Just install DOOM! 1.1.2 from Preware, and you don't need to type any commands.

-- Rod
    I had Doom installed through the code (using terminal), before It was downloadable through preware, and it worked fine. Then I downloaded the newer version so i can launch it through an app rather than through entering the code (every time to launch), and now it does not work. I also installed Quake through Preware, and that does not work either. when I launch them, on the notification area of the pre, it just says DOOM starting... then the message slides down and nothing more happens. any ideas??
    So any idea when or if the Pixi will be supported?
    Quote Originally Posted by at1454 View Post
    I had Doom installed through the code (using terminal), before It was downloadable through preware, and it worked fine. Then I downloaded the newer version so i can launch it through an app rather than through entering the code (every time to launch), and now it does not work. I also installed Quake through Preware, and that does not work either. when I launch them, on the notification area of the pre, it just says DOOM starting... then the message slides down and nothing more happens. any ideas??
    +1
    Anyway to play the full version and not the shareware version?
    Does anybody know when doom and quake will be more compatible with all pres? Or maybe if there are plans to re-do some code to help it run on all pres?
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Attention........... Attention................ Attention

Doom and MyTether (2.0.4) can't live on the same phone. You can either play Doom and Quake OR you can have the ability to Tether, but not both

MyTether's patch screws up the video output to Camera, SprintTV, YouTube app etc...and now SDL games
  9.    #409  
    Quote Originally Posted by flyin2low View Post

Doom and MyTether (2.0.4) can't live on the same phone. You can either play Doom and Quake OR you can have the ability to Tether, but not both

MyTether's patch screws up the video output to Camera, SprintTV, YouTube app etc...and now SDL games
    Yes, it clearly shows that MyTether has no interest in interoperability and collaboration in the homebrew ecosystem.

Compare that, for instance, to the collaboration and interoperability that occurs between WebOS Internals (Preware), Canuck Software (WebOS Quick Install), PreCentral.net (Homebrew Gallery), PreThemer.com, PreLoad, etc ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    For people who have the Retail version of the game, here is what you need to do.

you need to have a rooted pre in order to do this.

first you need to move the doom.wad file from your retail copy of doom to your usb drive on your phone.

then you need to ssh into your phone and and sudo into root
    Code:
    sudo -i
    then you need to copy the retail doom.wad to the appropriate folder
    Code:
    cp /media/internal/doom.wad /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.sdldoom/bin
    next you need to delete the existing shareware wad file
    Code:
    rm doom1.wad
    and poof you have the retail version of doom on your pre.

KNOWN ISSUES:
    for my version of the doom.wad i had to quickly choose a new game or else the game will crash with the following error.

Code:
    Error: W_GetNumForName: HELP2 not found!
    I'm not sure what version the executables that are used in doom for the pre, but for my doom.wad it has version confilcts which also prevented from playing any demos too.

Code:
    Demo is from a different game version!
    if i remember right, my version was the latest version, but i could be wrong.

*EDIT*
    I have Ultimate Doom version 1.9
    Last edited by victorkruger; 01/04/2010 at 12:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by flyin2low View Post

Yes, it clearly shows that MyTether has no interest in interoperability and collaboration in the homebrew ecosystem.

Compare that, for instance, to the collaboration and interoperability that occurs between WebOS Internals (Preware), Canuck Software (WebOS Quick Install), PreCentral.net (Homebrew Gallery), PreThemer.com, PreLoad, etc ...

-- Rod

simple enough fix to remove wifi patch when done wifi tethering

In options menu of the wifi section in My Tether switch wifi patch to off and reboot
    MatterOfFactJack
    I have doctored my pre twice now and reinstalled my tether, and still no SDL games will work for me. I'm starting to see the the ugly truth here. Rod, I totally agree with ya. And from what I've seen so far, the my tether developers don't seem to care what their program breaks. Personally, I find it hard to believe that anyone who uses my tether wifi patch can get these SDL games to work. If I'm wrong then I'd love to see someone post a video on you tube that shows them applying the wifi patch and rebooting, then removing it and rebooting, then playing doom or quake. I apologize for all the griping people, but I've tried EVERYTHING and getting frustrated as hell.
    Is wifi tethering completely and totally essential for you? You could always remove it if not. Not a very flexible option I'm afraid, but the only other plan i can see is actually getting in touch with the myTether developers, and I an't really see that doing much good. Could be worth a shot though, you never know.

Also, in other questions, is there any chance of you guys implementing the JNHB and screen-turning system used for quake on here? When you get the turbo-movement issues sorted that is. It worked really well and I think it'd make it very much more playable
    Last edited by ShiftyAxel; 01/04/2010 at 06:41 AM.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    i'm also having issues launching quake and doom!

when i tap either of the icons, and notifcation comes up that says "Doom: starting", but it quickly goes away and the card never opens...

am i missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    i'm also having issues launching quake and doom!

when i tap either of the icons, and notifcation comes up that says "Doom: starting", but it quickly goes away and the card never opens...

am i missing something?
    If you have the donor version of mytether you will need to disable the wifi patch before you play either doom or quake. There is an outstanding issue with quake for most (including me) that quake will crash when loading regardless.

if you don't have the donor version of mytether and your pre is rooted, ssh into your pre and navigate to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.sdldoom/bin/

and then type doom and enter

It should start loading up doom and then when it crashes out you should see an error message. copy and paste that info here and hopefully they will look at it and address the issue.
    someone needs to try this
    Awesome work on both this and Quake. However, it seems neither of the two are releasing handles properly after closing. Just a heads up.
    anyone know how to fix the problem caused by the demo starting up after you go full version with this? it makes my pre crash at the main menu if i'm using ultimate doom unless i start the game up real quick

-- Rod
    Unfortunately I had mytether installed I enabled the patch once when I had the demo installed, and I'm pretty sure I disabled it before I upgraded the demo to the full vers.. I have since removed the app completely. However, I still cannot run quake or doom (via preware). Could there be some still be some traces of the patch app in webOS preventing the games from loading? I've tried re-installing quake, doom and the upstart services....still no luck. Any Ideas?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Any hope in the future for being able to choose a left-handed orientation?

I'd love this (and it runs for me) but I can't play it. That makes me sad.