Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324 LastLast
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    As far as we are aware, neither DOOM! nor Quake will work on a Pixi ...

-- Rod
    Ouch.

I question why Palm made the Pixi so different than the Pre.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daaknes View Post
    1. You ENABLE, note I said ENABLE(yes I am certain) the WiFi patch in MyTether(doom will not work now).
    2. Reboot.
    3. After rebooting connect to your computer in USB MODE.
    4. Overwrite a clean copy of the .MyTether folder over the top your .MyTether folder on your Pre. (I can provide you with a clean copy of the .MyTether folder via email if needed.)
    5. Then DISABLE the MyTether patch.
    6. Reboot, all should be good(doom should work after this step).

The .MyTether folder is a clean back up of several files and if for some reason your supposedly clean backup files got corrupted then when you disable the patch you are restoring the corrupted files. My clean copies(or anyone elses for that matter) will get you back to where you need to be.

Hope this helps,
    Daaknes

Would you mind sending the folder my way? I'd be glad to post it up and share with everyone else to take the individual requests off your hands.

gmangano (at) gmail

Thank you
  3.    #383  
    Quote Originally Posted by viddywell View Post
    Would you mind sending the folder my way? I'd be glad to post it up and share with everyone else to take the individual requests off your hands.
    If they are Palm proprietary files, you cannot publicly redistribute them.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    No one mentions any steps before entering the 4 commands. To root -- I usually enter "novacom -t open tty://". Then the 4 cd lines. When I enter the command I get "/bin/sh: cd: can't cd to /media/cryptofs/apps". All command lines will not work. I Doctored my phone and still no luck.

Please help....

Ben
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    If they are Palm proprietary files, you cannot publicly redistribute them.

-- Rod
    Ah, good to know.. appreciate the heads up. I assumed they would be related to the MyTether app.. but you're right. More likely that the folder contains Palm files that are replaced by the patch process than those that are solely related to the app.

Better to be safe than step on any toes.
    Quote Originally Posted by viddywell View Post
    Ah, good to know.. appreciate the heads up. I assumed they would be related to the MyTether app.. but you're right. More likely that the folder contains Palm files that are replaced by the patch process than those that are solely related to the app.

Better to be safe than step on any toes.
    Bingo... and like i said I was the one that did that "fix" and i would bet that it was an isolated situation for my pre only. I was helping test the patch before it was released and I never doctored after it was working. so some of the changes made before the official patch might of been floating around in my phone. so the files he has worked for me. as for others i would bet on simply removing the patch will do the trick if not then something else i causing the issue
    MatterOfFactJack
  7.    #387  
    Quote Originally Posted by bengt View Post
    No one mentions any steps before entering the 4 commands. To root -- I usually enter "novacom -t open tty://". Then the 4 cd lines. When I enter the command I get "/bin/sh: cd: can't cd to /media/cryptofs/apps". All command lines will not work. I Doctored my phone and still no luck.

Please help....

Ben
    Just install DOOM! 1.1.2 from Preware, and you don't need to type any commands.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Just install DOOM! 1.1.2 from Preware, and you don't need to type any commands.

-- Rod
    Thanks for the quick reply. I do have that and the app will not launch. Any advise?

Ben
    I uninstalled Preware, and the Package Manager, and then RE Installed both through the computer. After I did that, there was no problem. I reset the phone after each step as well.

LOVE that I do not have to type anything, and the bloody penguin is DAMN cute.
    This is AWESOME! Many hats tipped to you all! Not only for digging in and finding all the jewels inserted by Palm, but for UTILIZING them for all of us AND making the process streamlined through Preware!

Donation sent my WOSI friends....well done indeed.
    This would be much easier to play on the Pixi if IT WAS SUPPORTED!
    installed through preware, says doom is starting but card never opens
    So has anybody seen the Risen3d thing they made for doom? i was wondering if the pree would be able to handle this. Here is the you tube samples.

I didn't read where anyone found BACK. Press the comma key. At least it works for me.
    Actually it makes you move to the right until you hit an object which sometimes moves you backwards. Sorry for the earlier zeal!
    Hey this is pretty slick, you guys see that quake 2 is available now right? anyways, anyone know where to put the wad file if we have the full version of doom?
    Tried to edit the .doomrc config but i cant figure out what numbers i have to use for the keys... tried a bit arround but nothing works? can someone help me here?

PS: btw, is it possible to turn the screen 180, im more used to play with my left hand the movement than with my right hand, no big deal i know... but seems more natural to me
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    PS: btw, is it possible to turn the screen 180, im more used to play with my left hand the movement than with my right hand, no big deal i know... but seems more natural to me
    agreed. Every other fps I've ever played is the other way. I struggle with this a bit. Flipping 180 deg would be more natural to me.
    Can someone please help me, I've updated to webOS 1.3.5 updated preware and webOS quick install. And I fouid both Doom and Quake in preware, but when I click install on either game it says downloading/installing but it still doesnt say app install. It seems likes its takin forever, I've already waited over 10 minutes and it still says its downloading. Can someone tell me if I am doing something wrong, because I really want to play both quake and Doom. Sdomeone please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oozeman1 View Post
    Can someone please help me, I've updated to webOS 1.3.5 updated preware and webOS quick install. And I fouid both Doom and Quake in preware, but when I click install on either game it says downloading/installing but it still doesnt say app install. It seems likes its takin forever, I've already waited over 10 minutes and it still says its downloading. Can someone tell me if I am doing something wrong, because I really want to play both quake and Doom. Sdomeone please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Are you on wifi or EVDO? I'm guessing they are large apps. I'm on a very fast wifi connection and it took a good minute for them to install. Quake was a little longer.