Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanjfaber View Post
    i installed VIA preware and it said it needed something else to work and preware gives the option to automatically install the xtra things that are needed and I DID and IT WORKS just FINE!!!! how about developer mode I always have it on is that maybe your problem, i know its probably not but hey PREWARE is the way to go
    this.

seriously; you don't have to root your pre or uninstall mytether. Just go to preware and download it. I came in here to figure out the controls, not to sift through 14 pages of "it won't work"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    can the controls be changed?
    currently it is unplayable on a german Pre cause y and z are swapped.
    Not on german pre, but configurable controls would be freekin' sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by xtc23 View Post
    I click doom and it briefly says "starting doom" at the bottom of my screen, then nothing happens. I do use the my tether wifi patch, but it is off. I've followed all of the instructions, to the T and it just won't work. Does anybody know how to fix this without having to doctor your phone?
    I had this same problem. Using terminal and a tiny bit of linux understanding I was able to find the game was not in the same location as others. This might also be your problem.

Try launching terminal and typing:

cd /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.sdldoom/bin

then type doom and it should launch.

If you get lost along the way you can type in each sub-directory one at a time. like: cd /media then cd cryptofs and so on like that.

Also if you get lost you can type ls to get a list of all files in the directory and you can probably find the correct path.

Hope that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    idkfa : all weapons and ammo
    lawl.. gotto love that cheat, thanks man

all we need is the god mode cheat
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klubhead View Post
    lawl.. gotto love that cheat, thanks man

all we need is the god mode cheat
    iddqd is the God Mode cheat, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by daaknes View Post
    1. You ENABLE, note I said ENABLE(yes I am certain) the WiFi patch in MyTether(doom will not work now).
    2. Reboot.
    3. After rebooting connect to your computer in USB MODE.
    4. Overwrite a clean copy of the .MyTether folder over the top your .MyTether folder on your Pre. (I can provide you with a clean copy of the .MyTether folder via email if needed.)
    5. Then DISABLE the MyTether patch.
    6. Reboot, all should be good(doom should work after this step).

The .MyTether folder is a clean back up of several files and if for some reason your supposedly clean backup files got corrupted then when you disable the patch you are restoring the corrupted files. My clean copies(or anyone elses for that matter) will get you back to where you need to be.

Hope this helps,
    Daaknes
    could you please send me the .mytether folder? Kill.dano@gmail.com
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Dude best freaking game!!! But as anyone noticed that the Y button doesn't work or at least its not working for me. Anyone else having this same issue?
    tc600, you can change the key bindings in .doomrc if you want.
    The full path is on the wiki -

That is, on the Palm Pre, If anyone wants to change the key-bindings too Doom3D, just edit the .doomrc file.
    You can do it using terminal on the phone using vi command.

vi /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.sdldoom/bin/.doomrc

Details also now on wiki - webos-internals.org/wiki/Applicationoom

Thanks ZSoc for the detail. -FreeTim
    Quote Originally Posted by freetim View Post
    tc600, you can change the key bindings in .doomrc if you want.
    The full path is on the wiki -

That is, on the Palm Pre, If anyone wants to change the key-bindings too Doom3D, just edit the .doomrc file.
    You can do it using terminal on the phone using vi command.

vi /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.sdldoom/bin/.doomrc

Details also now on wiki - webos-internals.org/wiki/Applicationoom

Thanks ZSoc for the detail. -FreeTim
    and PS:
    * Editing the key bindings works for everything but back and strafe left
    * that is, left strafe always goes turboright strafe and back always goes turbo forwards
    Game is AWESOME & addictive. Thanks you guys for making this happen.
    What? No left strafe and no back, bummer the game is alot tougher without them.

Applicationoom - WebOS Internals
    Anyone have a solution for the Pixi users?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidal View Post
    iddqd is the God Mode cheat, I think.
    worked! awesome, thanks man
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokerbrothersstudio View Post
    What? No left strafe and no back, bummer the game is alot tougher without them.

Applicationoom - WebOS Internals
    Anyway to make it easy to edit the keys? Because i mean this is all the game really needs and will be pretty much finish. Or at least easy instructions on how to do it for non Linux savy like my self.
    [QUOTE=daaknes;2123060]1. You ENABLE, note I said ENABLE(yes I am certain) the WiFi patch in MyTether(doom will not work now).
    2. Reboot.
    4. Overwrite a clean copy of the .MyTether folder over the top your .MyTether folder on your Pre. (I can provide you with a clean copy of the .MyTether folder via email if needed.)

i just tried this and it did not work for me. Still just says "starting doom" and then nothing happens. I followed instructions to a T.
    1. Pre, CDMA
    2. webos 1.3.5
    3. OTA upgrade
    4. No
    5. I run my tether version 2.0.4 with wifi tethering(but no patch when trying to run doom)

Thanks for trying to help
    So I have customized my keys. But the main Doom binary had to be replaced. Zsoc recreated it so it accepted true ascii for keybinding. But when it comes to navigating the menu the up and down keys do not work for me anymore game play works fine. i know there is some work being done right now to perfect the controls. Big thing is trying ti figure out why back goes into turbo forward and strafeleft goes to turbo right. really weird... my keys are as follows...

These keys are nice because j being forward when your finger is holding the phone and thumb is in a natural 45 degree position its easy to go left and right using n,h b for back. strafe and back are in easy reach for run/dodge
    J- forward
    B- backword (if it worked right turbo forward)
    H- StrafeLeft (if it worked. just goes straferight in turbo)
    M- Straferight

These ones are in easy reach for turning and going forward with J
    U- turn left
    K- turn right
    Y- Use key (for doors and junk)

holding orange and pressing numbers changes weapons. i hope this will be changed soon so holding orange is not required.

Quote Originally Posted by xtc23 View Post
    i just tried this and it did not work for me. Still just says "starting doom" and then nothing happens. I followed instructions to a T.
    1. Pre, CDMA
    2. webos 1.3.5
    3. OTA upgrade
    4. No
    5. I run my tether version 2.0.4 with wifi tethering(but no patch when trying to run doom)

Thanks for trying to help
    You probably have a different probably that is preventing you from running the game.
    Last edited by jack87; 01/02/2010 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Adding Title
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daaknes View Post
    1. You ENABLE, note I said ENABLE(yes I am certain) the WiFi patch in MyTether(doom will not work now).
    2. Reboot.

The .MyTether folder is a clean back up of several files and if for some reason your supposedly clean backup files got corrupted then when you disable the patch you are restoring the corrupted files. My clean copies(or anyone elses for that matter) will get you back to where you need to be.

Hope this helps,
    Daaknes
    Thanks for the heads up on the MyTether. Is the clean version just a version of the folder before you install the patch? Will I need to copy over the "clean" folder everytime I run the patch? Thanks for all the help!
    Quote Originally Posted by domingan View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on the MyTether. Is the clean version just a version of the folder before you install the patch? Will I need to copy over the "clean" folder everytime I run the patch? Thanks for all the help!
    no!!! dont do anything other then remove the patch when not wifi tethering
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Anyone have a solution for the Pixi users?
    Yeah, I'm wondering this too. I have no idea how to compile something for the Pixi so there's no way to try anything newer than 1.1.0 because that's all the Pixi feed has (and no Quake for the matter either)
  20.    #380  
    Quote Originally Posted by SineOt View Post
    Yeah, I'm wondering this too. I have no idea how to compile something for the Pixi so there's no way to try anything newer than 1.1.0 because that's all the Pixi feed has (and no Quake for the matter either)
    As far as we are aware, neither DOOM! nor Quake will work on a Pixi ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals