Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    As of right now, Eff Doom. I've done everything down to a tee! My Preware still shows 1.1.0. Nothing for updates or anything even after the install. Show's this was uploaded 12/31/09 at 5:39am.. Since then, I've seen on here a 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 updates, none of them have shown themselves on my phone. Whatever
    As of right now, Eff Doom. I've done everything down to a tee! My Preware still shows 1.1.0. Nothing for updates or anything even after the install. Show's this was uploaded 12/31/09 at 5:39am.. Since then, I've seen on here a 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 updates, none of them have shown themselves on my phone. Whatever
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Remove the Doom on your phone.

Then, in Preware, Click Preware (top left) and then Update feeds.

Re-look for the new Doom.
    I waited for the app to appear in Preware, hit install, DL the two items, and runs GREAT!

RWHITBY, I just want to thank you and the other developers here that give countless hours of y'alls FREE time to make the Pre a better phone then even those at Palm that invented it.

We here are all VERY LUCKY that people like yourself care enough to share your knowledge so freely and willingly with the rest of us.

I waited to do the 1.3.5 update at first not because I would brick my phone (i know that's near impossible) but because I was waiting for all you dev guys to get all the tweaks and Preware up and running first so I could keep my Pre tricked out the way I like it. I read a lot of threads to PREpare for complications on the update, none if which happen, and I have a 060609 Pre.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, It's not the app store that makes this phone so much fun to own, it's Preware and Homebrews!

All of you guys and Girls that so patiently answer all our questions are very special to us, THANKS!
    I've removed doom and the other file that it requires twice now. Restarted pre, made sure wifi tether patch was off, and still don't work for me either. About to just give up on it myself.
    thanks to everyone that tries to help
    Yeah, same here. Everything was fine with doom til i was was like, "i am good at this" then I tried to fix mytether and that stupid patch messed it up. I restarted and uninstalled and reinstalled. Is the repair utility updated yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    1) Pre or Pixi, CDMA or GSM
    2) webOS version
    3) did you OTA upgrade or fresh doctor
    4) are you, or have you ever, run a CPU speed modification patch
    5) are you, or have you ever, run mytether, and which version
    1) Pixi, CDMA
    2) 1.3.5
    3) Fresh Doctor + Full Erase
    4) No
    5) No

It seems the Pixi WebOS-Internals feed hasn't been updated past 1.1.0 for Doom. Looking at the Pre feed in WebOS QuickInstall it shows the right version number, while 1.1.0 is still listed on the Pixi side.

Until that updates, I can't try out anything newer than 1.1.0, but using 1.1.0 I run into the following problems:

When trying to launch Doom, it scrolls by the standard info on setting everything up then fails out.

I_Init: Setting up machine state.
    Error: Could not initialize SDL: Unable to open /dev/fb1
    If you use the "export SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb0" work around that has got it working for others, you run into a different error.

I_Init: Setting up machine state.
    Error: Could not initialize SDL: Unable to open a console terminal
    I don't know if this has been fixed in 1.1.1/1.1.2/1.2 or not, because as I had mentioned the Pixi feed still only shows 1.1.0 in both Preware and WebOS Quick Install.
    Quote Originally Posted by rposa View Post
    Remove the Doom on your phone.

Then, in Preware, Click Preware (top left) and then Update feeds.

Re-look for the new Doom.
    I've done this 30 times. Even uninstalling Preware, and reinstalling it. Still, nothing. No request for updates in my phone at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by SineOt View Post
    1) Pixi, CDMA
    2) 1.3.5
    3) Fresh Doctor + Full Erase
    4) No
    5) No

It seems the Pixi WebOS-Internals feed hasn't been updated past 1.1.0 for Doom. Looking at the Pre feed in WebOS QuickInstall it shows the right version number, while 1.1.0 is still listed on the Pixi side.

Until that updates, I can't try out anything newer than 1.1.0, but using 1.1.0 I run into the following problems:

When trying to launch Doom, it scrolls by the standard info on setting everything up then fails out.

If you use the "export SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb0" work around that has got it working for others, you run into a different error.

I don't know if this has been fixed in 1.1.1/1.1.2/1.2 or not, because as I had mentioned the Pixi feed still only shows 1.1.0 in both Preware and WebOS Quick Install.
    Exactly as me, Pixi and all.
    Quote Originally Posted by sircamels View Post
    Yeah, same here. Everything was fine with doom til i was was like, "i am good at this" then I tried to fix mytether and that stupid patch messed it up. I restarted and uninstalled and reinstalled. Is the repair utility updated yet?
    pre cdma
    ota upgrade
    no
    yes, both 1.5.1 and 2.04

i from what I read I think I will have to doctor... I never have before... I have been afraid to... Is it worth the risk of doctoring and losing all my contacts just to get doom back?
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xtc23 View Post
    I've removed doom and the other file that it requires twice now. Restarted pre, made sure wifi tether patch was off, and still don't work for me either. About to just give up on it myself.
    thanks to everyone that tries to help
    i had a similar issue. you need to doctor you pre and it will work. then install mytether but dont run the wifi patch. if you have run the wifi patch in the past it will still not work.

doctor and dont run the patch just tether with BT or USB.

i from what I read I think I will have to doctor... I never have before... I have been afraid to... Is it worth the risk of doctoring and losing all my contacts just to get doom back?
    since 1.3.5 came out i must have doctored my pre at least 4 times. I was playing around with the NES and GB emulators and the original doom. Not to mention when I first upgraded I couldnt get preware and themes to work. I havent lost any contacts. I havent lost anything that was on the USB pre either. dont worry its faster and cleaner and better to start from scratch.
  12. CUH
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    where cani donwload the nes emulator
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xtc23 View Post
    Daaknes- what is the easy fix? I don't want to have to doctor my phone
    1. You ENABLE, note I said ENABLE(yes I am certain) the WiFi patch in MyTether(doom will not work now).
    2. Reboot.
    3. After rebooting connect to your computer in USB MODE.
    4. Overwrite a clean copy of the .MyTether folder over the top your .MyTether folder on your Pre. (I can provide you with a clean copy of the .MyTether folder via email if needed.)
    5. Then DISABLE the MyTether patch.
    6. Reboot, all should be good(doom should work after this step).

The .MyTether folder is a clean back up of several files and if for some reason your supposedly clean backup files got corrupted then when you disable the patch you are restoring the corrupted files. My clean copies(or anyone elses for that matter) will get you back to where you need to be.

Hope this helps,
    Daaknes
    Last edited by daaknes; 01/02/2010 at 03:32 AM. Reason: correct typo's and add clarification
    Doom working great and running smooth!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CUH View Post
    where cani donwload the nes emulator
    NES and GameBoy Emulators - WebOS Internals
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-emulator.html
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daaknes View Post
    You ENABLE, note I said ENABLE the WiFi patch in MyTether. Reboot. After rebooting connect to your computer in USB MODE. Copy a good copy of the .MyTether folder over the top your .MyTether folder. Then disable the MyTether patch. Reboot, all should be good. I can provide you with a clean copy of the .MyTether folder via email if needed.

The .MyTether folder is a clean back up of several files and if for some reason your supposedly clean backup files got corrupted then when you disable the patch you restoring the corrupted files. My clean copies(or anyone elses for that matter) will get you back to where you need to be.

Hope this helps,
    Daaknes
    ENABLE? are you sure? everytime i tried to enable the patch doom stoped working. Even if I later tried to uninstall the wifi patch or the app itself doom still didnt work. Its was prob me doing something wrong then.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    @domingan: Yes I am certain, I updated my original post with instructions that are clearer.

Daaknes
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by daaknes View Post
    1. You ENABLE, note I said ENABLE(yes I am certain) the WiFi patch in MyTether(doom will not work now).
    2. Reboot.
    3. After rebooting connect to your computer in USB MODE.
    4. Overwrite a clean copy of the .MyTether folder over the top your .MyTether folder on your Pre. (I can provide you with a clean copy of the .MyTether folder via email if needed.)
    5. Then DISABLE the MyTether patch.
    6. Reboot, all should be good(doom should work after this step).

The .MyTether folder is a clean back up of several files and if for some reason your supposedly clean backup files got corrupted then when you disable the patch you are restoring the corrupted files. My clean copies(or anyone elses for that matter) will get you back to where you need to be.

Hope this helps,
    Daaknes
    Haha very nice! Worked for me ;-) But I think mine was an isolated case.

Most people just need to remove the My Tether Wifi Patch. go into the Options menu of My Tether in the wifi section and you can turn the patch off there.
    MatterOfFactJack
    can the controls be changed?
    currently it is unplayable on a german Pre cause y and z are swapped.