Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    So, after reading through all posts, I still cant get doom running.
    After entering in the 1st 3 command lines successfully I enter in the fourth line ./doom $ and I get an error that says -sh: ./doom: not found.

I tried uninstalling, reinstalling doom, etc and still cant get this to work.
    Anyone have any suggestions???
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ./doom & NOT ./doom $

Not to mention, go back to preware and update. Latest update doesn't require any terminal things at all, just run the app
    Quote Originally Posted by domingan View Post
    Does anyone know of a version of MyTether that works with doom?
    I have the last paid version that came out after 1.3.1 and Doom runs just fine for me...(mind you, I only tether via BT or USB, not WiFi)
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    ./doom has the same error, and I do have the latest version of doom installed via preware.
    When I click the launch icon, nothing happens????
    Excellent job and works for me...

Trying to get used to the small key controls and rolling through them instead of clicking like when I type on keyboard seems to work best for me.

Looking forward to Palm at CES in a few days and what webos-internals.org comes up with.

BTW, WebOS-Internals have you guys thought about doing a write up on how you are accomplishing Doom playback and taking advantage of the new features yet to be released or spoken about by Palm?

Either way, keep up the Great Work and thanks for the support...
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    your not understanding, you need to type "./doom &" without the quotes. But the terminal method is obselete now anyway.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crocostimpy View Post
    Same issue here. That's not a DirectFB thing is it? I thought that was no longer required.
    I had the same issue but I was able to fix it by removing the MyTether patch. You may also have some lingering effects of the MyTether patch even if it's not currently installed (i.e. you installed it at some point and something went wrong). There is a fairly easy fix for that also if you need it.

Daaknes
    Well idk what's going on, but on my Preware, still shows 1.1.0, and not the 1.1.2 that was said to be released.

On another note, installed 1.1.0 and Terminal, did the commands but on the last ./doom & command, I get a error.

How do I get 1.1.2? I have the latest of Preware, and all the necessary updates. Thanks!
    i installed VIA preware and it said it needed something else to work and preware gives the option to automatically install the xtra things that are needed and I DID and IT WORKS just FINE!!!! how about developer mode I always have it on is that maybe your problem, i know its probably not but hey PREWARE is the way to go
    Daaknes- what is the easy fix? I don't want to have to doctor my phone

your not understanding, you need to type "./doom &" without the quotes. But the terminal method is obselete now anyway.
    What............dont know *** you are talking about, but I have tried ./doom, and also tried ./doom &
    Neither one of those work.
    I have the latest version of doom installed, and that does not work either.
    I click the app launcher, it briefly says app starting, and thats all.

What else can I try here.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daaknes View Post
    It works without the ampersand. In UNIX shells the ampersand is simply a way to put the process in the background and return a prompt. Doom doesn't need to be run in the shell's foreground. Putting in the ampersand allows for the terminal app to be closed.
    Oh and FYI, Here's the controls..

Tap the screen or hit "Sym" to shoot.

H - forward at slow speed

Y - left

B - right

G - forward at fast speed

SPACE - open doors

COMMA - strafe right

ORANGE + # - Change weapon. 1 - fist, 2 - pistol, 3 - shotgun, 4 - chaingun (havent gotten other weapons yet but should be the same concept)

ENTER - display last message (picked up Medikit, etc)

ORANGE + = : Zoom In

ORANGE + - : Zoom Out

- = siderun right?

. = sidestep right

Back Gesture - Brings up in-game menu (Save, Load, Options, etc...)

G + H - Move up and down in the menu, enter to select

(feel free to add to this list)
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Well idk what's going on, but on my Preware, still shows 1.1.0, and not the 1.1.2 that was said to be released.

On another note, installed 1.1.0 and Terminal, did the commands but on the last ./doom & command, I get a error.

How do I get 1.1.2? I have the latest of Preware, and all the necessary updates. Thanks!

I click doom and it briefly says "starting doom" at the bottom of my screen, then nothing happens. I do use the my tether wifi patch, but it is off. I've followed all of the instructions, to the T and it just won't work. Does anybody know how to fix this without having to doctor your phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Oh and FYI, Here's the controls..

Tap the screen or hit "Sym" to shoot.

H - forward at slow speed

Y - left

B - right

G - forward at fast speed

SPACE - open doors

COMMA - strafe right

ORANGE + # - Change weapon. 1 - fist, 2 - pistol, 3 - shotgun, 4 - chaingun (havent gotten other weapons yet but should be the same concept)

ENTER - display last message (picked up Medikit, etc)

ORANGE + = : Zoom In

ORANGE + - : Zoom Out

- = siderun right?

. = sidestep right

Back Gesture - Brings up in-game menu (Save, Load, Options, etc...)

G + H - Move up and down in the menu, enter to select

(feel free to add to this list)
    idkfa : all weapons and ammo
  18.    #339  
    What everyone who is having problems here can do for themselves is to answer the 5 questions that I asked in an earlier post for every single problem posting they make, and then look for commonalities amongst those who are having problems.

The developers are not going to try and diagnose everyone's problems. We focus on widespread and systematic problems only. We usually ignore individual isolated problems - it may sound harsh, but that's the reality of people who give up their spare time for free to do this stuff.

It is up to the user community to help each other get their systems into the correct state that is needed to use this software.

It's no use trying to convince someone else that they don't have a problem, or expecting that if your DOOM! works then someone else's will work, or if yours doesn't work then there's some problem with DOOM!.

There will be scenarios that have not been considered yet, and it may not work in those scenarios. But if you don't start from an assumption that the software is correct and the problem is with your ability to follow instructions or a problem with the configuration of your Pre, and don't help yourself and others to identify what's different in your case, then you're probably not going to get an answer to your problems.

If you do all this, and there really is a problem with the software itself, then the developers are going to notice it as they scan past postings that have high quality diagnosis information and identify commonalities and differences between those who have it working and those that do not.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I'm definitely seeing a commonality, but it has to do with another app