Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    i dont see it ..

edit: i got it but all it says is Doom: Starting.. at the bottom and nothing comes up
    Quote Originally Posted by ndraiden View Post
    i dont see it
    don't see what?
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    don't see what?

meant to say dont see doom
  4.    #264  
    DOOM! 1.1.2 is released, with the capability to run multiple games simultaneously restored.

Donations for the new server can be made at:

WebOS Internals:Site support - WebOS Internals

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  5. CUH
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    When the article say it is hardware accelerated, does that mean it is GPU accelerated?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    DOOM! 1.1.2 is released, with the capability to run multiple games simultaneously restored.

Donations for the new server can be made at:

WebOS Internals:Site support - WebOS Internals

-- Rod
    Hi,

When I try to launch DOOM, I get a notification pop up, which indicates that DOOM is starting, but then it disappears and the game never starts. I've uninstalled MyTether, which was believed to be my problem with getting the original one running. Any thoughts?
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Granted, it has been a loooong time since I have played Doom, but it seems to be missing a "jump" key binding. I don't think it is possible to get out of level 1 without jump (since you have to jump through the window. Just installed latest update today, still missing (but I like the launcher, thanks).

Can't wait for touchscreen controls- like mouselook!!!
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Don't use the paid version of MyTether; it's a horrible hackjob that can and does cause a lot of stuff to break in WebOS.

Half the troubleshooting posts in this thread start with: "I can't get Doom to work. I have/had MyTether installed. Halp." The WebOS Internals people can't be expected to tech support problems likely caused by someone else's sketchy app that hacks up the kernel.

If you had the latest paid MyTether installed post 1.3.1 (the one that installs a "wifi patch" and reboots your phone) and Doom/other SDL apps don't work: try checking with the guy you bought the app from and, if that doesn't help, do a full erase and WebDoc to 1.3.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Don't use the paid version of MyTether; it's a horrible hackjob that can and does cause a lot of stuff to break in WebOS.
    Is there any way (short of doctoring) that will remove the effects of MyTether? I've uninstalled it, but am naturally not thrilled about starting from scratch.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Is there any way (short of doctoring) that will remove the effects of MyTether? I've uninstalled it, but am naturally not thrilled about starting from scratch.
    Maybe try MetaDoctor after it gets updated for 1.3.5.

Honestly, give the 1.3.5 WebDoc a try; it doesn't touch anything in your USB partition these days so provided you've migrated all your apps to their new location you'll only lose your call log and txt message history (and even those can be backed up manually if you really need them). I'm fairly sure the MyTether patch only touches stuff in /etc, so all that should be cleared out by a trip to the doctor without affecting your homebrew apps.

Edit: Homebrew services will need to be reinstalled however.
    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Granted, it has been a loooong time since I have played Doom, but it seems to be missing a "jump" key binding. I don't think it is possible to get out of level 1 without jump (since you have to jump through the window. Just installed latest update today, still missing (but I like the launcher, thanks).

Can't wait for touchscreen controls- like mouselook!!!
    I too am stuck on level one. I cant seem to jump. I thought that was missing. BTW I never installed line code on the pre before and I was able to get this to work the very first try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boggs3010 View Post
    I too am stuck on level one. I cant seem to jump. I thought that was missing. BTW I never installed line code on the pre before and I was able to get this to work the very first try.
    Hello Boggs3010,
    as i remember theres no jump key in Doom (maybe i'am wrong). Just not walk but do RUN, and you will pass.
    Hey, look at that, a thread. Didn't even see it...

No jump key in doom. No vertical axis, in fact.

I admit the controls are pretty much horrible, but the entire game can be played through. No jumping out the window. Remember 'space' opens doors and flips switches.

Now that it's icon launchable seemingly overnight (I have a feeling rod already had this ready and waiting to go...), I'll work on some better keybindings. Strafe, in particular, would make the game 200% more playable.

On screen controls (mouse look/joystick) are very possible, but not till we figure out / palm releases some/all of the mojo info. Only so much can be found from core patches...

-zsoc
    Bringing you the first video recorder (Precorder), the first SDL application/game (DOOM), the first "make my magicjack/corporate voicemail play on my webos phone thingy" (gsm codec package), and now, webos's first opensource media recorder (voice and stream!) -> zcorder
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Hi,

When I try to launch DOOM, I get a notification pop up, which indicates that DOOM is starting, but then it disappears and the game never starts. I've uninstalled MyTether, which was believed to be my problem with getting the original one running. Any thoughts?
    im having the same problem, only a notification comes out. i dont have any patches installed, only a theme.. i used to have the terminal and terminal plugin to run the old doom, i erased all of those with quick install and nothing
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    the upstart service

great work. For the first time, it seems like the possibilities are endless. Thanks webos internals team!
    The new launcher has fixed my problem I wonder why
    Just updated and it works like a charm. I will definitely be making a donation. You guys are awesome!!
    For those for whom it says "starting" but nothing happens with 1.1.2+, don't forget to install the "upstart" service as well!!! (duh - I made this mistake too!)
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    For those for whom it says "starting" but nothing happens with 1.1.2+, don't forget to install the "upstart" service as well!!! (duh - I made this mistake too!)
    Nice thing about Preware, it tells you that you need to install the service.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post

Half the troubleshooting posts in this thread start with: "I can't get Doom to work. I have/had MyTether installed. Halp." The WebOS Internals people can't be expected to tech support problems likely caused by someone else's sketchy app that hacks up the kernel.

If you had the latest paid MyTether installed post 1.3.1 (the one that installs a "wifi patch" and reboots your phone) and Doom/other SDL apps don't work: try checking with the guy you bought the app from and, if that doesn't help, do a full erase and WebDoc to 1.3.5.
    Wow.. I had no idea THANKS! About to go Doctor again. As a side question, I have to visit alot of places for work that normaly would not have wifi and its nice to be able to tether and get a connection on my laptop. I would not mind getting rid of the paid version as long as there is still a way to tether. Would you say the free version is sketchy also? Even better, is there a webOS Internals tethering option that I am not aware of? I would gladly pay for that, as I am sure so would everyone else.

Thanks for the help!