Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 472
  1. TomD's Avatar
    Posts
    908 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Someone who believes in the possibility of highly enlightened marketing and engineering departments at Palm might postulate that they put the libSDL.so file in 1.3.5, and released it a week ahead of CES, specifically to get this outcome ...

    -- Rod
    Humm, that would be today
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  2. trevoreon's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #242  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Anyone having problems running doom (apart from those just not able to read instructions properly ) should always give the following information in every post they make about the problem:

    1) Pre or Pixi, CDMA or GSM
    2) webOS version
    3) did you OTA upgrade or fresh doctor
    4) are you, or have you ever, run a CPU speed modification patch
    5) are you, or have you ever, run mytether, and which version

    Unfortunately, we don't have the free time to look at any posts which do not include that basic information, as well as a detailed description of what you expected to happen, what you did, and what did happen, including full details of any and all commands you typed (copied precisely) and any and all error messages (also copied precisely).

    -- Rod
    1) Palm pre CDMA
    2) WebOS 1.3.5
    3) OTA
    4) Yes
    5) Yes

    Cant get past line 3. Have typed everything exactly perfect. Tried reinstalls and restarts to no avail.
    I just today tried updating my package manager service for preware after unintstalling doom to attempt a new install and suddenly preware doesnt show my installed packages and doom doesnt show up in games. I've checked my feeds and everything. So now I have two problems.

    Finding doom.
    And getting it to work.
  3. #243  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevoreon View Post
    1) Palm pre CDMA
    2) WebOS 1.3.5
    3) OTA
    4) Yes
    5) Yes

    Cant get past line 3. Have typed everything exactly perfect. Tried reinstalls and restarts to no avail.
    I just today tried updating my package manager service for preware after unintstalling doom to attempt a new install and suddenly preware doesnt show my installed packages and doom doesnt show up in games. I've checked my feeds and everything. So now I have two problems.

    Finding doom.
    And getting it to work.
    try finding it on webos quick install, also try making step 1-3 all one code line thats what i was doing and it was working but now i get a "segmentation error" i have no idea if that is related
  4. #244  
    Pre CDMA
    1.3.5
    OTA
    smartreflex 600
    no

    Runs smooth as Buttah!!!! Gooooood Stuff!!!
  5. trevoreon's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #245  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikegoatcheese View Post
    try finding it on webos quick install, also try making step 1-3 all one code line thats what i was doing and it was working but now i get a "segmentation error" i have no idea if that is related
    FINALLY!
    Got it to work after using quick install.
    Thank you to everyone who helped me. I appreciate it greatly.
  6. #246  
    Freakin' awesome! Worked like a charm the first time. Great work to everyone involved!
  7. #247  
    This is freaking awesome! Great job to everyone involved at webOS internals.
  8. TomD's Avatar
    Posts
    908 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    #248  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I just watched Rod's DOOM video, and my gameplay is nowhere near that smooth. I'm assuming that's because I used the "fb1" workaround above. Has anyone come up with another solution to this issue? Thanks!!
    Perhaps you are mistaking speed for smoothness.

    Most of the video was running (g) rather than walking (h). That was showing off the GPU usage. Maybe to fast for some portions of game play, but it sure shows off the GPU!

    Try using the (g) key and see if you can tell the difference.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  9. #249  
    worked perfectly first try very nice! Could this sdl be used to port emulators into apps now also??
  10. #250  
    Seriously, this is getting frustrating, what is a segmentation fault and why is doom no longer starting? There is no reason, i have changed nothing at all. it just started happening for no reason i have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. It was working fine earlier
  11. #251  
    I'll add mine, just in case it's a common issue:

    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Anyone having problems running doom (apart from those just not able to read instructions properly ) should always give the following information in every post they make about the problem:

    1) Pre or Pixi, CDMA or GSM
    2) webOS version
    3) did you OTA upgrade or fresh doctor
    4) are you, or have you ever, run a CPU speed modification patch
    5) are you, or have you ever, run mytether, and which version
    1. CDMA Pre
    2. 1.3.5
    3. OTA
    4. No
    5. Yes (2.0.4)

    I put in the commands as such:

    1. cd /media/cryptofs/apps/ then enter
    2. cd usr/palm/applications then enter
    3. cd org.webosinternals.sdldoom then enter
    4. ./doom & then enter

    The error message I get is"Error:Could not initialize SDL: Unable to open /dev/fb1"
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  12. #252  
    here is a screenshot of what I keep getting
  13. rposa's Avatar
    Posts
    264 Posts
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    #253  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikegoatcheese View Post
    here is a screenshot of what I keep getting
    Forgetting the &
  14.    #254  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I'll add mine, just in case it's a common issue:

    1. CDMA Pre
    2. 1.3.5
    3. OTA
    4. No
    5. Yes (2.0.4)

    The error message I get is"Error:Could not initialize SDL: Unable to open /dev/fb1"
    I've got a hunch that your answer to #5 is the problem.

    Is there anyone who is getting the "Unable to open /dev/fb1" problem, on a Pre, who has never installed or run MyTether ?

    MyTether is the only application I know of that interacts with kernel modules, which I suspect is the cause here ...

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  15. #255  
    FWIW, I'm running MyTether 1.5.1, and I'm not having any issues.

    However, after playing for 20 minutes or so, I started to get the "too many cards" error over and over lol (I wasn't opening any new applications, it was in game).
  16. #256  
    love this! Will for sure donate!!!

    don't know if people said this already but orange + "-" makes the game play window smaller and orange + "=" makes the screen larger... Thanks!!!
  17.    #257  
    DOOM! version 1.1.1 has been released to the public feed. Find it in Preware.

    It now includes the new launcher technology (implemented using a new Upstart Manager Service).

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  18. #258  
    just downloaded it via preware and it works like a charm... now where was that donate button again?
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
  19. #259  
    yay I just updated doom and you don't have to run the comands now it starts right away !!
  20. #260  
    this is a great new years present! it shows the capabilities of web os, I hope ces brings a lot of games like this.
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Posting Permissions