Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    God i forgot how much i loved this game back in the day.

Shadow Warrior next?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    anybody else noticing it sucking the battery?
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    actually its just one long path you are cd'ing to. Notice there is no "/" in the second 2 cd commands.
    LOL, I'm feeling blind! that makes SO much more sense. Will be interesting when they figure out how to launch from within an app.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWill View Post
    anybody else noticing it sucking the battery?
    When i was playing this morning i was actually thinking how good the battery life was.

Do you have good coverage now?
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshMend View Post
    domingan, did you turn wifi off before running doom again?
    Wifi Patch for Mytether is off. Wifi on the phone is off. BT is off. GPS is off. I am connected via USB to the computer. (Dont think that matters tho)

Any other Ideas?
    every time I close the terminal my phone restarts it self when the game is in a nother card is it just me?
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    every time I close the terminal my phone restarts it self when the game is in a nother card is it just me?
    Is it a full reboot, or just a Luna restart? I noticed a Luna restart one of the times that I closed Terminal..
    I must say this is one thing that has really sparked my interests again in the Pre, its a little buggy, but it shows what the Pre can actually do! Thanks for all the work you guys put into DOOM.
  9.    #229  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiako View Post
    The instructions say to use Preware to install Terminal.

You can of course use other installers (like WeBOS Quick Install), but if you follow the instructions things usually go easier

(In this case, you need to have ipkgservice installed to get the arch.conf file which tells ipkg how to install architecture-specific files)

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 12/31/2009 at 06:03 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  10.    #230  
    There is a plan underway to create a generic upstart control service (written in C, and callable just like any other Palm Mojo service from a webOS app), which will allow lots of different linux applications to be started and stopped from webOS launcher apps. It will piggy-back on the existing package signing security architecture that we're putting in place.

Once it's done, we'll be able to have an icon in the launcher which launches DOOM! just like any other application. Any package author will be able to create such icons and call the service.

But the cool thing is that the same technique will also be able to be used to control any of the 1600+ Linux command line applications in Optware (like OpenVPN, or Apache, or Asterisk, ....).

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Does Luna automatically stuff any SDL driven app into a card now or did you guys have to change some code in Doom itself to get it to play nice?

Just wondering if porting SDL apps is now as easy as recompiling for arm7, or if there's some magic that needs to be done before compiling to get Luna to recognize what the app is trying to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by criley98 View Post
    Okay, I fixed my /dev/fb1 problem by doing the following (taken from the SDL website so use at your own risk!):

At a cmd line, type "export SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb0" which sets the frame buffer to fb0 instead of fb1 (that's a zero, not an O).

Then run the ./doom command. This is most likely a temporary fix and the fb1 may give a better framerate. Dunno why it's set this way. Not familiar enough with SDL.
    I just watched Rod's DOOM video, and my gameplay is nowhere near that smooth. I'm assuming that's because I used the "fb1" workaround above. Has anyone come up with another solution to this issue? Thanks!!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    There is a plan underway to create a generic upstart control service (written in C, and callable just like any other Palm Mojo service from a webOS app), which will allow lots of different linux applications to be started and stopped from webOS launcher apps. It will piggy-back on the existing package signing security architecture that we're putting in place.

Once it's done, we'll be able to have an icon in the launcher which launches DOOM! just like any other application. Any package author will be able to create such icons and call the service.

But the cool thing is that the same technique will also be able to be used to control any of the 1600+ Linux command line applications in Optware (like OpenVPN, or Apache, or Asterisk, ....).

-- Rod
    Rod,

Is there a way to get Doom Icon driven for CES?

That would blow a lot of minds, not the least of which will be Palm's
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Rod,

+1
  15.    #235  
    Rod,

We have 6 times as long as it took to get the game itself working ...

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We have 6 times as long as it took to get the game itself working ...

-- Rod
    <Lloyd Voice>
    So you're tellin' me there's a chance!
    </Lloyd Voice>
  17.    #237  
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Does Luna automatically stuff any SDL driven app into a card now or did you guys have to change some code in Doom itself to get it to play nice?

Just wondering if porting SDL apps is now as easy as recompiling for arm7, or if there's some magic that needs to be done before compiling to get Luna to recognize what the app is trying to do.
    Don't spoil the mystique

Yeah, libSDL.so exists now, and it's a straight-forward port according to zsoc.

-- Rod
  18.    #238  
    Someone who believes in the possibility of highly enlightened marketing and engineering departments at Palm might postulate that they put the libSDL.so file in 1.3.5, and released it a week ahead of CES, specifically to get this outcome ...

-- Rod
    Well I had it working earlier and now seem to have discovered a possibly new error. I get to the org.webosinternals.sdldoom directory by stringing the first three lines together, which is what i had to do to get it to work. Now for some unknown reason when i type ./doom it fails to start. A "segmentation error" as it calls it. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. I have also tried the & at the end of ./doom and it still fails. Any suggestions?

edit: pre cdma, 1.3.5, doctored from 1.3.1 to 1.2.1 then ota to 1.3.5, no cpu patches, rann mytether but have doctored and removed since further edit. devmode was on but i turned it off and the same thing is occurring

Commands entered:cd /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.sdldoom(this command did get me to the proper directory)
    ./doom(has worked earlier,provides error message now)

Error message: DOOM shareware startup v1.10
    V_init: allocate screens
    N_LoadDefaults: Load system defaults
    Segmentation Fault
    Last edited by ilikegoatcheese; 12/31/2009 at 09:39 PM.
  20.    #240  
    Anyone having problems running doom (apart from those just not able to read instructions properly ) should always give the following information in every post they make about the problem:

1) Pre or Pixi, CDMA or GSM
    2) webOS version
    3) did you OTA upgrade or fresh doctor
    4) are you, or have you ever, run a CPU speed modification patch
    5) are you, or have you ever, run mytether, and which version

Unfortunately, we don't have the free time to look at any posts which do not include that basic information, as well as a detailed description of what you expected to happen, what you did, and what did happen, including full details of any and all commands you typed (copied precisely) and any and all error messages (also copied precisely).

-- Rod