Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 472
  1. #201  
    Tiako - Did you do what is in post 184?
  2. #202  
    this is gunna sound stupid but can we just use snippets for the 4 command lines?
    Palm prē-ist.
  3. Domingan's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    #203  
    WOW this is sooo cool!! the other day I was talking to my coworker and he was bragging about his droid.. Just wait till he sees this!!!

    Side questions...
    1- Since we can do this now without haveing to use debian like before does that mean that the NES emulator will also work without having to run that also?
    2- Multiplayer from pre to pre? (just a dream)
    3- anyway to hook up a different device to control it? like via BT? BT mouse maybe?

    again, I cant thank you enough, everytime your skills amaze me!
    Last edited by domingan; 12/31/2009 at 04:59 PM.
  4. Tiako44's Avatar
    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    #204  
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Tiako - Did you do what is in post 184?
    Unless I am doing it wrong quickinstall or detected 4 installed apps.
  5. #205  
    If you like this now would be a good time to

    Consider donating to webOS Internals

    Please.


    WebOS Internals Donation Page

    1.3.5 updates to preware apps didn't exactly hose our server, but it wasn't happy. Your donations could keep preware running. Thanks in advance.
  6. #206  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiako View Post
    Unless I am doing it wrong quickinstall or detected 4 installed apps.
    if the 4 apps are preware, packagemanager and or doom. remove them all. reboot phone to start clean and then reinstall them. Install doom by way of preware. Let us know how that works.
  7. #207  
    Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
    If you like this now would be a good time to

    Consider donating to webOS Internals

    Please.


    WebOS Internals Donation Page

    1.3.5 updates to preware apps didn't exactly hose our server, but it wasn't happy. Your donations could keep preware running. Thanks in advance.
    I second that. This is one of the most exciting items to come out of webOS Internals. I went there and it is set up to work FAST with paypal.
  8. #208  
    we got to type the commands everytime we want to play?
  9. #209  
    Installed and working great! Much better then i anticipated even.
  10. #210  
    can anyone post exactly what the commands should look like. A screen shot would be really helpful. Thanks
  11. #211  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    we got to type the commands everytime we want to play?
    Unfortnately, but I would not be surprised if someone finds a way to not have to go into Terminal to open it.
  12. #212  
    too much fun!!!!controls can be better though, just cant wait for this game to be in beta or better. i love shooters
  13. #213  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    we got to type the commands everytime we want to play?
    yes for now. Webos Internals is working on that problem.

    Patience grasshopper
  14. SirWill's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #214  
    I created the doom.sh script via vi on the device. Can anyone explain why we have to cd to the 2 directories before we go to the final directory to launch it?
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
  15. #215  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWill View Post
    I created the doom.sh script via vi on the device. Can anyone explain why we have to cd to the 2 directories before we go to the final directory to launch it?
    actually its just one long path you are cd'ing to. Notice there is no "/" in the second 2 cd commands.
  16. #216  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWill View Post
    I created the doom.sh script via vi on the device. Can anyone explain why we have to cd to the 2 directories before we go to the final directory to launch it?
    you can put it all in one line
    it is the way it is in the app on the pre because wrapping a line is too confusing

    we're having enough trouble with people doing it NOW much less if we were to present them with a word-wrapped command line.

    Rick
  17. #217  
    maybe i have a different kind of Preware but mine doesn't have anywhere to type.
  18. #218  
    Quote Originally Posted by criley98 View Post
    Okay, I fixed my /dev/fb1 problem by doing the following (taken from the SDL website so use at your own risk!):

    At a cmd line, type "export SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb0" which sets the frame buffer to fb0 instead of fb1 (that's a zero, not an O).

    Then run the ./doom command. This is most likely a temporary fix and the fb1 may give a better framerate. Dunno why it's set this way. Not familiar enough with SDL.
    That worked for me as well! I don't know if my game is glitchy because of the "fb0" setting, but that's okay - I'm having fun puttering around with it.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  19. Domingan's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by criley98 View Post
    Okay, I fixed my /dev/fb1 problem by doing the following (taken from the SDL website so use at your own risk!):

    At a cmd line, type "export SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb0" which sets the frame buffer to fb0 instead of fb1 (that's a zero, not an O).

    Then run the ./doom command. This is most likely a temporary fix and the fb1 may give a better framerate. Dunno why it's set this way. Not familiar enough with SDL.
    Thanks that fixed it for me. I got it to work the first time with no problems but then after lots of restarts still couldnt get it to comeup cause of the above error. The only thing that comes to mind is MyTether maybe?? (not that I would know) that was the only thing I used after the game. when I use FB0 and I fire a gun my screen doesnt refresh.. I have to minimize the card and then go back in... anyone know why I cant get the fb1 to work?
  20. JoshMend's Avatar
    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    #220  
    domingan, did you turn wifi off before running doom again?

Posting Permissions