Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 472
  1. #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoices View Post
    Someone might have covered this but a simple way to lunch this w/o the 4 instructions would be create a file example below in term.

    vi doom "yes i know its original"

    #!/opt/bin/bash "or the path to your bash or shell executable"
    cd /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.sdldoom; ./doom

    :wq "if you arent using vi then dont do this just exit and save file.

    also chmod u+x doom
    I put it right in /home/root and no i just type ./doom and it loads... have to say i am real stoked for what the future will hold for the pre.
    Wut? an easier way to do it? can you give step by step instructions?
  2. gryn's Avatar
    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by susank2 View Post
    I don't know what anyone is talking about with these files and commands! I downloaded Doom and Terminal, typed in the commands as written and the thing doesn't run. FRUSTRATED!!!
    Try restarting and reinstalling - key to life.

    They're talking about how to make the 4 commands automatic.
  3. #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerstyle View Post
    This is what I did.

    Open terminal.
    type vi ./doom.sh
    press a (a is the VI command to append after the cursor)
    type out script I wrote in my previous post
    hold orange and press spacebar (this is the equivalent of the escape key to get you out of typing mode)
    type :wq and hit enter to save the file

    then chmod 755 ./doom.sh and voila, when you type ./doom.sh it should run the commands for you.
    looks like it would go right to the usb... gonna try now....no go....sigh, copy and paste is my friend....go it to the /var/home/root directory and set permissions. But when ran it cant change directories to the right place and fails
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  4. #184  
    I had problems like many with not seeing Doom in preware and not being able to get past third line.
    Heres what I did.
    Went to Quick Install.
    Removed preware
    Removed packagemanager. (turns out there were two)
    rebooted phone
    reinstalled preware and packagemanager

    used on phone:
    Preware. Now I could find doom which was not there before.
    downloaded and installed doom
    (checked to make sure there was now a doom icon on Pre)

    opened terminal and entered the 4 lines.
    It now worked!
  5. #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by grynv View Post
    Try restarting and reinstalling - key to life.

    They're talking about how to make the 4 commands automatic.
    Did you do it this way:


    1. cd /media/cryptofs/apps/ then enter(notice the"/" at the end)
    2. cd usr/palm/applications then enter
    3. cd org.webosinternals.sdldoom then enter
    4. ./doom & then enter


    ?? for some reason the instructions in the software is missing the forward slash in step number one.
  6. #186  
    Okay, I fixed my /dev/fb1 problem by doing the following (taken from the SDL website so use at your own risk!):

    At a cmd line, type "export SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb0" which sets the frame buffer to fb0 instead of fb1 (that's a zero, not an O).

    Then run the ./doom command. This is most likely a temporary fix and the fb1 may give a better framerate. Dunno why it's set this way. Not familiar enough with SDL.
  7. #187  
    To make it a little easier, made a doom.sh file and uploaded it.

    Here's the link: doom.sh

    What you'll want to do is download this, then use the Send File function of WebOS Quick Install to send it to /var/home/root

    Once you do that, open terminal, type chmod 755 ./doom.sh to give it the permissions it needs, then you can type ./doom.sh and it should run for you.
  8. #188  
    I've uninstalled, reinstalled and rebooted several times, and I've carefully checked that I'm entering everything properly. However, I too can't get past the first line of code. When I enter the line:

    cd/media/cryptofs/apps/

    I get the following response:

    -sh: cd/media/cryptofs/apps/: not found


    I've carefully read through the forum and didn't find a similar issue, so any insight would be appreciated.
  9. #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    looks like it would go right to the usb... gonna try now....no go....sigh, copy and paste is my friend....go it to the /var/home/root directory and set permissions. But when ran it cant change directories to the right place and fails
    Weird, the script works fine for me.
  10. #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by robbys22 View Post
    I've uninstalled, reinstalled and rebooted several times, and I've carefully checked that I'm entering everything properly. However, I too can't get past the first line of code. When I enter the line:

    cd/media/cryptofs/apps/

    I get the following response:

    -sh: cd/media/cryptofs/apps/: not found


    I've carefully read through the forum and didn't find a similar issue, so any insight would be appreciated.
    You have to put a space between cd and /media
    It should look like cd /media/cryptofs/apps/
  11. #191  
    Just finished following FinallyPre's instructions and everything's working. Thanks!!
  12. #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerstyle View Post
    To make it a little easier, made a doom.sh file and uploaded it.

    Here's the link: doom.sh

    What you'll want to do is download this, then use the Send File function of WebOS Quick Install to send it to /var/home/root

    Once you do that, open terminal, type chmod 755 ./doom.sh to give it the permissions it needs, then you can type ./doom.sh and it should run for you.
    I just copied your script to that directory with winscp and set the permission in terminal....works great! Thanks to all!!!!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  13. #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerstyle View Post
    To make it a little easier, made a doom.sh file and uploaded it.

    Here's the link: doom.sh

    What you'll want to do is download this, then use the Send File function of WebOS Quick Install to send it to /var/home/root

    Once you do that, open terminal, type chmod 755 ./doom.sh to give it the permissions it needs, then you can type ./doom.sh and it should run for you.
    Crackerstyle thats pretty smart to use the send function. I wouldnt even have thought of that for the non-nix folks.
  14. #194  
    is ./doom & part of the third line cause i also keep on getting the same error after the third line n i have restarted my phone like four times already
  15. #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip34 View Post
    is ./doom & part of the third line cause i also keep on getting the same error after the third line n i have restarted my phone like four times already
    that is actually the fourth line

    ./doom & is a line by itself
  16. Tiako44's Avatar
    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    #196  
    I still can't find the game or terminal app. If someone can give me a direct link to the app so I can download it.
  17. #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by criley98 View Post
    Okay, I fixed my /dev/fb1 problem by doing the following (taken from the SDL website so use at your own risk!):

    At a cmd line, type "export SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb0" which sets the frame buffer to fb0 instead of fb1 (that's a zero, not an O).

    Then run the ./doom command. This is most likely a temporary fix and the fb1 may give a better framerate. Dunno why it's set this way. Not familiar enough with SDL.
    This got me some progress on my Pixi, but now I'm stumped on another error: "Could not initialize SDL: Unable to open a console terminal"
  18. #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip34 View Post
    is ./doom & part of the third line cause i also keep on getting the same error after the third line n i have restarted my phone like four times already
    Try my post #184. I had the same issues you were having.

    Quote Originally Posted by robbys22 View Post
    Just finished following FinallyPre's instructions and everything's working. Thanks!!
    My thanks button is up about 14 post.....lol
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 12/31/2009 at 03:10 PM.
  19. Tiako44's Avatar
    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    #199  
  20. #200  
    ok. heres the deal with mine i'd be grateful for help. I type everything in as it shows. add the modifications other posts in this forum have said. and the string reply is- Done [1] now what happens o.o? or is supposed to happen?

Posting Permissions