1.    #1  
    I just doctored my pre to take it before I updated to 1.3.5. I got preware reinstalled no problem...HOWEVER...my patches still show up as installed when they are clearly not. When i try to remove them via preware, it pops up an IPKG error. Tried running EPR, another IPKG error telling me no patches are installed. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Is there a preware file that keeps track of all installed patches?

SOMEONE HELP!
    i had the same problem I just doctored and started over. The good thing is your usb drive doesn't get touched so just the time to install the doctor and patches is all you are out of.
  3.    #3  
    well thats what is confusing for me....this is fresh off the doctor. I doctored (to 1.3.1) updated to 1.3.5, without installing preware. Then installed preware and package manager with quick install. And now it says I've got 16 patches installed
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    i had the same problem I just doctored and started over. The good thing is your usb drive doesn't get touched so just the time to install the doctor and patches is all you are out of.
    but the doctor 1.3.5 is not out yet! or it's ???
    Quote Originally Posted by morningisbad View Post
    well thats what is confusing for me....this is fresh off the doctor. I doctored (to 1.3.1) updated to 1.3.5, without installing preware. Then installed preware and package manager with quick install. And now it says I've got 16 patches installed
    the doctor 1.3.1 is not working with 1.3.5 version , you need to wait for 1.3.5 doctor to work it fine!
  6.    #6  
    I know, i doctored back to 1.3.1. Then updated to 1.3.5 with update.
    [QUOTE=morningisbad;2113398]I know, i doctored back to 1.3.1. Then updated to 1.3.5 with update.[/QUOTE

what i mean is not going to work if you doctor 1.3.1 again....the 1.3.5 is different and you you need to doctor with 1.3.5 to clean your phone .
    I doctored to 1.3.1 and updated to 1.3.5 and have had no problems.
  9.    #9  
    [QUOTE=SISGO;2113420]
    Quote Originally Posted by morningisbad View Post
    I know, i doctored back to 1.3.1. Then updated to 1.3.5 with update.[/QUOTE

what i mean is not going to work if you doctor 1.3.1 again....the 1.3.5 is different and you you need to doctor with 1.3.5 to clean your phone .
    I don't think you're following...doctoring back to 1.3.1 cleaned the phone, updateing to 1.3.5 gave me a clean version of 1.3.5. We don't have a 1.3.5 doctor yet.

the issue i'm having is that even though I have a fresh version od 1.3.5, preware still sees patches. Does anyone know if preware keeps a file in the usb drive that stores any data?
  10.    #10  
    I FIXED IT!

I went into quick install -> device management and selected all the broken patches. I then told quick install to uninstall them. It popped up an error for each, but it removed them from the list. I no longer see them as installed on preware, and they are capable of being installed as well.
    You know I forgot I went into the var/usr/palm/applications folder and deleted all the patches folders, they were empty but I still had the problem before I doctored it I think that is why I finally doctored because that didn't help at that time.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    You know I forgot I went into the var/usr/palm/applications folder and deleted all the patches folders, they were empty but I still had the problem before I doctored it I think that is why I finally doctored because that didn't help at that time.
    I knew it had to be somewhere! I hadnt looked too close because the dr broke my linux access, and i havnt had time to re-enable it