Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I had what sounds like a very similar problem. I couldn't get some patches to remove. I tried the first steps like running EPR from preware and quick install, but there would still be some leftover patches. So I used webOS Doctor. reinstalled preware and package manager only to find that the patches were still showing up and couldn't be removed.

In vain I tried to run EPR from quick install and got your error. "No patches found!". Then in a final attempt I did a full erase of the device and started over. Finally after hours of cursing at my pre everything is back to normal.

I think the main problem is that the patch log file for preware stays throughout the webOS Doctor process.

If you have the same problem try what I did.
    EPR -> webOS Doctor -> Full Erase

Your mileage may vary, but hopefully it'll fix them patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezalis View Post
    I had what sounds like a very similar problem. I couldn't get some patches to remove. I tried the first steps like running EPR from preware and quick install, but there would still be some leftover patches. So I used webOS Doctor. reinstalled preware and package manager only to find that the patches were still showing up and couldn't be removed.

In vain I tried to run EPR from quick install and got your error. "No patches found!". Then in a final attempt I did a full erase of the device and started over. Finally after hours of cursing at my pre everything is back to normal.

I think the main problem is that the patch log file for preware stays throughout the webOS Doctor process.

If you have the same problem try what I did.
    EPR -> webOS Doctor -> Full Erase

Your mileage may vary, but hopefully it'll fix them patches.
    If you take the Doctor route, a 1.3.5 Doctor followed by partial erase should suffice.

The ipkg data is now in the media partition which doesn't get wiped by the doctor (hence the patches still showing up as installed), but a partial erase should wipe all that ipkg data.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    i had this problem also. I just reinstalled the patch via WOQI and then removed it. Hope That helps
    Followed the process explained - tried installing virtual keyboard patch. It's stuck on Downloading/Installing now for about 30 minutes.. what now?
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechalex View Post
    i had this problem also. I just reinstalled the patch via WOQI and then removed it. Hope That helps
    That did the trick for me too! Installed all the patches via WOQI, then removed them, WOQI gave me a few errors, but when I went back to install them on Preware, they installed like a charm. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechalex View Post
    worked for me, thanks.

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    is there any way to get rid of all the patches preware thinks are installed but wont install using the command line, i have tried the migration, and the patch removal, but now it just says i have installed patches, none of them will uninstall?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12